Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 565 of 972 FirstFirst ... 65 465 515 555 563 564 565 566 567 575 615 665 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,125 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently on holidays in japan.

Everything was fine, up until last night. My iPhone (4S) simply do not start properly and would not pass the logo screen.
    I have spent several hours last night trying every tool that I could find, for trying to save the datas (I really care about the pictures, otherwise I would reset the phone and be done with it). Nothing seem to be working, and I have being trying to reach out the support of those tools who say to contact them if it doesnt work.

Long shot here : did anybody experience the same thing?

Itunes says that I need to restore the phone before using it, but then it would be deleting all the pictures. I have read about the iOS recovery mode & DFU, but same thing. If I am not mistaken, that would erase everything. Some tools suppose to save the data before restoring the phone, but they wouldnt recognise my phone when connected.

It's really annoying as I was planning to save the pictures the same evening. Fortunately, it's 'only' parts of the pictures as I also have a gopro with me, but it still pisses me off especially since the gopro is long shot / wide pictures, while the phone allowed me closer pix...
    They didnt sync with icloud since I never logged in to a wifi, as I was only in 3G with a local card... There is always something happening during my holidays...

Any ideas?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Soft reset maybe?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried that countless times too. I tend to think that i will only be able to reset entirely the phone and therefore losing the pictures, but still hoping there is a way.
    Going back to Tokyo on sunday eve, where there is an Apple Genius Bar, but I am sure that they'll only say to reset it via DFU mode (which, I think but remains to be 100% confirmed, loses all data).
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    You need to add a postscript about the cost of the sign.
    and the cost of the website hosting... domain name (plus 4 sister domaiins)
    PaylessAutoRepairSucks.com
    PaylessAutoRepairSucks.net
    PaylessAutoRipOff.com
    AutoRepairRipOff.com
    AutoRepairJerks.com

But it quit being about money once I walked out of the garage with a wrecked car and he told me I owed him 75.00 for a consult fee because he took my car to a different shop to have them figure out how to fix the brakes, which the owner of that shopped later emailed me and told me he actually got paid 40.00 for the advice... and said he would fix it.... but the Payless jerk said no, he'd fix it so that he could make the money off me - then he wrecked the car when he brought it back to his shop.

Nope... the money is a distant secondary issue now... it's very personal now...all about taking down the mofo and doing as much damage as I can to his reputation and his business. Assholes like him should NOT be allowed to screw people over at will.
    Getting any money from him at this point and going on my way would just allow him the luxury of fucking someone else over, I'm going to keep doing everything I can to not that that happen... until I die or he is totally out of business.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Note to self: don't get on Sir_Bomme's bad side.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Note to self: don't get on Sir_Bomme's bad side.
    <----------cuts and paste Paul's note to self as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It takes a lot... but some things just have to be...
    so since the A frame faces to the sides of the truck... needed something to notify the people behind me on the road... so here's the new tailgate sign...

BTW.. I incorporated as a company... so I'll be writing the cost of the signs off next year

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    so since the A frame faces to the sides of the truck... needed something to notify the people behind me on the road... so here's the new tailgate sign...

Ok. Someone has to say it, so it might as well be me...

Spoiler:
    You need to get laid. Too much frustration has reached it's "head".

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ain't that the truth...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Since we were talking about it....
    The mechanicals are almost there.... here's where gremmy is as of today.
    another week or two and can start with the external body repairs....
    * new Halogen head lights with purple LED Halos
    * new 360 Mopar V8 painted/ installed with new oil pan...
    * engine bay painted and misc. parts under hood
    * new 288 H-10 Cam installed
    * 600 CFM Holley 4 barrel carburetor completely rebuilt
    * Torque Flight 727 3 speed auto tranny completely rebuilt
    * shift kit added to tranny
    * Braided chrome hoses added
    * high output new 160 amp Alternator added
    * new Stinger 240 battery isolator added
    * new 1,24 bore Wilwood Master cylinder added
    * drum to disc conversion...
    - new 4 pistoned brakes on all corners
    - new 11" Wilwood front rotors
    - new 12" slotted and drilled Wilwood back rotors
    - parking brake lock installed for rear brakes
    * new wood inlaid steering wheel
    * new ball joints
    * front and back bumper body work done and being primed for paint
    * new front grill being painted
    * differential and back axels/leaf springs painted
    * new dome light being installed
    * new wiper blades being installed
    Offenhauser 360 degree Intake
    9 to 9.5 : 1 compression
    8.8 Ford Mustang Rearend
    348:1 gears
    4 core custom aluminum radiator
    still have to get new FAT wheels/tires, get front end aligned, and new glasspack exhaust on... but really getting close to starting on the body/interior /sound work

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Everything was fine, up until last night. My iPhone (4S) simply do not start properly and would not pass the logo screen.
    I have spent several hours last night trying every tool that I could find, for trying to save the datas (I really care about the pictures, otherwise I would reset the phone and be done with it). Nothing seem to be working, and I have being trying to reach out the support of those tools who say to contact them if it doesnt work.

Itunes says that I need to restore the phone before using it, but then it would be deleting all the pictures. I have read about the iOS recovery mode & DFU, but same thing. If I am not mistaken, that would erase everything. Some tools suppose to save the data before restoring the phone, but they wouldnt recognise my phone when connected.

It's really annoying as I was planning to save the pictures the same evening. Fortunately, it's 'only' parts of the pictures as I also have a gopro with me, but it still pisses me off especially since the gopro is long shot / wide pictures, while the phone allowed me closer pix...
    They didnt sync with icloud since I never logged in to a wifi, as I was only in 3G with a local card... There is always something happening during my holidays...

Any ideas?
    Spoiler:
    isn't technology wonderful?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since we were talking about it....
    The mechanicals are almost there.... here's where gremmy is as of today.
    another week or two and can start with the external body repairs....
    * new Halogen head lights with purple LED Halos
    * new 360 Mopar V8 painted/ installed with new oil pan...
    * engine bay painted and misc. parts under hood
    * new 288 H-10 Cam installed
    * 600 CFM Holley 4 barrel carburetor completely rebuilt
    * Torque Flight 727 3 speed auto tranny completely rebuilt
    * shift kit added to tranny
    * Braided chrome hoses added
    * high output new 160 amp Alternator added
    * new Stinger 240 battery isolator added
    * new 1,24 bore Wilwood Master cylinder added
    * drum to disc conversion...
    - new 4 pistoned brakes on all corners
    - new 11" Wilwood front rotors
    - new 12" slotted and drilled Wilwood back rotors
    - parking brake lock installed for rear brakes
    * new wood inlaid steering wheel
    * new ball joints
    * front and back bumper body work done and being primed for paint
    * new front grill being painted
    * differential and back axels/leaf springs painted
    * new dome light being installed
    * new wiper blades being installed
    Offenhauser 360 degree Intake
    9 to 9.5 : 1 compression
    8.8 Ford Mustang Rearend
    348:1 gears
    4 core custom aluminum radiator
    still have to get new FAT wheels/tires, get front end aligned, and new glasspack exhaust on... but really getting close to starting on the body/interior /sound work
    Music to my ears! Sweet!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Any ideas?
    Spoiler:
    isn't technology wonderful?
    Yeah. So I lost all the pictures from my phone from Kyoto. Glad I had my gopro but still. At least, I can now use my phone, otherwise would be a nightmare...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Next time buy an Android. Save the pics to your sim card. New Samsung is waterproof to 10 Meters for 30 minutes.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Ok. Someone has to say it, so it might as well be me...

Spoiler:
    You need to get laid. Too much frustration has reached it's "head".
    Terry, used a bad word, RF!!!! LOL J/K LOL

Go get 'em, Terry!!!!

Spoiler:
    I was just giving Merlin IV grief about using that word!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Next time buy an Android. Save the pics to your sim card. New Samsung is waterproof to 10 Meters for 30 minutes.
    My wife has android, and I am not really keen of the software. But indeed, I wouldnt have had that same problem, as the pix would have been in an external memory card...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Couldn't find a thread to rep sellers who are fantastic, so thought I'd plonk this here: This morning I made my first transaction with Miskatonic Books, and I've heard some good things from some of the folk on here. My experience was just awesome - great communication, good deal, Larry was a great guy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, my friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Couldn't find a thread to rep sellers who are fantastic, so thought I'd plonk this here: This morning I made my first transaction with Miskatonic Books, and I've heard some good things from some of the folk on here. My experience was just awesome - great communication, good deal, Larry was a great guy.
    Completely agree, Peri. Larry is an outstanding guy to work with. I've made several purchases from him.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Completely agree, Peri. Larry is an outstanding guy to work with. I've made several purchases from him.
    I'll third this. I ordered a Numbered edition from them once and when it was being packaged and shipped, they noticed it was a PC copy so they gave it to me for free. As if that wasn't awesome enough, when I got the book I realized it was not a PC of the Numbered edition but rather a PC of the Lettered edition. Very cool! Besides that, every other transaction I've had with them has been flawless.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Musician, Prince dead at 57, eh?

I enjoyed his music back in the day. Thought he was very talented.

RIP.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Not my style of music but he certainly was an icon to many. Also Chyna passed today. RIP

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

By far, my favorite Super Bowl halftime performance. Loved his guitar style!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good memories listening to his music. RIP.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

going to catch hell for this... but whatever...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 565 of 972 FirstFirst ... 65 465 515 555 563 564 565 566 567 575 615 665 ... LastLast