Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 882 of 972 FirstFirst ... 382 782 832 872 880 881 882 883 884 892 932 ... LastLast
Results 22,026 to 22,050 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Another one:

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, when is the electoral college vote?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It's the first Monday after the second Wednesday in the December after the election. The 14th this time around.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, cast my vote for, Trump and the Republican slate. Polling place was an Islamic Mosque. Very well run and classy. No lines smooth as silk and the folks were very cordial. I even got a bag of pretzels!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bretzels are german by the way. So are burgers, originally.

Thanks @Hunchback Jack
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    This is so true. We all have to live with each other regardless of who is president.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Keeping a copy of the final red/blue map so I'll know which states never to move to. Truly unbelievable that it's even this close, what a continued embarrassment.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Truly unbelievable that it's even this close, what a continued embarrassment.
    Absolutely. Was I upset when George W. Bush won, twice? Sure. But at least he wasn't actively and gleefully trying to dismantle the democratic institutions and norms that have defined our country, while at the same time transparently and hatefully antagonizing marginalized communities. I was hoping the American people were better than this in their morals and empathy.

Country
    Country Flag

It's not that surprising. Given all he did, for months, to compromise the mail-in vote.

I dont know how accurate it is, but I read that, at the moment, Biden has 238 electors, while Trump only has 213

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    But at least he wasn't actively and gleefully trying to dismantle the democratic institutions and norms that have defined our country, while at the same time transparently and hatefully antagonizing marginalized communities.
    This.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ever since I was a kid I've disliked politics. Like religion, I believe the world would be a tremendously better place without it. I've never considered myself a Republican, Democrat or any other party, and the only president I've truly admired as both a person and a politician in my lifetime was Ronald Reagan.

I spent half of my life defending the US and almost one third of my life doing so in other countries. Regardless of what party or person was in charge in all that time, I never felt embarrassed to represent the United States because it was about more than just the politics, it was the people and the country as a whole.

Now it's not even that, because half the people support this Trump ideology which 100% goes against everything that I worked for. For four years now I've been embarrassed to be an American; I dreaded my overseas trips and the inevitable conversations that resulted. I'm really glad I retired from the military before Trump took office and the country devolved into what it is now, because I couldn't in good conscience follow Trump's orders. In the Band of Brothers series, Major Dick Winters said, "You salute the rank, not the man.", but I could not and would not salute someone who has completely desecrated the rank.

The sad part is that nothing's going to change if the Democrats win; it'll just be another four-year fight to try and turn it over. If Trump loses he will not go quietly and will no doubt continue to sow discord; I wouldn't put it beyond him to immediately begin a push for his re-election in 2024. And no doubt the cycle will just continue.

I don't know what it will take for this country to do a complete reset ... I wish I did. Whatever it is, I wish it could happen soon.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

..... If Trump loses he will not go quietly and will no doubt continue to sow discord; I wouldn't put it beyond him to immediately begin a push for his re-election in 2024. And no doubt the cycle will just continue.
    On the other hand, I wonder, if Trump wins, how long will it be before he starts talking about repealing the 22nd amendment.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Ever since I was a kid I've disliked politics. Like religion, I believe the world would be a tremendously better place without it. I've never considered myself a Republican, Democrat or any other party, and the only president I've truly admired as both a person and a politician in my lifetime was Ronald Reagan.

I spent half of my life defending the US and almost one third of my life doing so in other countries. Regardless of what party or person was in charge in all that time, I never felt embarrassed to represent the United States because it was about more than just the politics, it was the people and the country as a whole.

Now it's not even that, because half the people support this Trump ideology which 100% goes against everything that I worked for. For four years now I've been embarrassed to be an American; I dreaded my overseas trips and the inevitable conversations that resulted. I'm really glad I retired from the military before Trump took office and the country devolved into what it is now, because I couldn't in good conscience follow Trump's orders. In the Band of Brothers series, Major Dick Winters said, "You salute the rank, not the man.", but I could not and would not salute someone who has completely desecrated the rank.

The sad part is that nothing's going to change if the Democrats win; it'll just be another four-year fight to try and turn it over. If Trump loses he will not go quietly and will no doubt continue to sow discord; I wouldn't put it beyond him to immediately begin a push for his re-election in 2024. And no doubt the cycle will just continue.

I don't know what it will take for this country to do a complete reset ... I wish I did. Whatever it is, I wish it could happen soon.
    Revolution.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Revolution.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Revolution.
    Careful what you wish for. If you think it's hard to predict the outcome of an election, it much harder to predict the outcome of a revolution.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    ..... If Trump loses he will not go quietly and will no doubt continue to sow discord; I wouldn't put it beyond him to immediately begin a push for his re-election in 2024. And no doubt the cycle will just continue.
    On the other hand, I wonder, if Trump wins, how long will it be before he starts talking about repealing the 22nd amendment.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

George, you sound like my kinda man. Non-religious, non-political, a fellow brother-in-arms, and a Reagan man. It bothers me that so many good people, on both sides of the fence, expend so much energy over politicians who don't give a shit about any of us and only have their best interest at heart. I equate it to a fast talking TV evangelist who cares so much for your soul that he doesn't have a choice but to line his pockets.

Also agreed that nothing will change and if Biden wins, I'm sure within two year, folks will be calling for his head as well. It's the definition of insanity, our political process.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Careful what you wish for. If you think it's hard to predict the outcome of an election, it much harder to predict the outcome of a revolution. HBJ
    Yea, easy there, killer.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

It's 2020 and the great American country can't figure out how to vote properly, let alone count? Florida is the third most populated state in the US and they had their numbers in. Sorry, but something is amiss here whether it goes one way or another, it is already getting ugly. Whomever wins, the other will call foul, and ditto for the other. Perhaps it is time to make a federal law for voting and make it as simplistic as possible. Bring yourself, bring your ID, vote, leave. Something a tad more complex but not too complex, it is already a nightmare out there.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    It's 2020 and the great American country can't figure out how to vote properly, let alone count? Florida is the third most populated state in the US and they had their numbers in. Sorry, but something is amiss here whether it goes one way or another, it is already getting ugly. Whomever wins, the other will call foul, and ditto for the other. Perhaps it is time to make a federal law for voting and make it as simplistic as possible. Bring yourself, bring your ID, vote, leave. Something a tad more complex but not too complex, it is already a nightmare out there.
    Or maybe set up a circus tent with a chalkboard inside and the candidates names on it. Only one person can enter at a time of course and if you don't like the way the votes going, you can erase a few marks under that candidates name. Meanwhile, we at work are voting for a union officer position on the 19th. Doubt that will get much play though.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Considering how old and how fat Trump is, that is hilarious! He'll probably have a heart attack at 2am tweeting on the toilet.

Country
    Country Flag

Why would you say that?
    He's in very good health

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/08/p...thy/index.html

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I agree that the voting system is problematic but you have to think about it like this, when America votes it is like fifty separate countries are voting and each one has a different set of rules and regulations and in some cases different methods of voting as well. Trying to extrapolate the results from that big of a load is quite a chore. Having angry people screaming at you all day doesn't help either.

It's 2020 and the great American country can't figure out how to vote properly, let alone count? Florida is the third most populated state in the US and they had their numbers in. Sorry, but something is amiss here whether it goes one way or another, it is already getting ugly.
    Still counting mail-in ballots two days after the election is pretty much par for the course. Florida is only 96% counted even now; they just called it early because the race wasn't that close. Furthermore, 2020 is unusual in that there are many more votes, many more mail-in ballots, and there's a pandemic. The result in the battleground states relies a lot more on mail-in ballots, so that's why it's taking longer to call.

So I don't think the delay in reporting is evidence that "something is amiss" - other than the pandemic, of course.

Everything we're seeing - a larger number of mail-in ballots than usual, a large percentage of the election-day ballots favouring Trump, a large percentage of the mail-in ballots favouring Biden, a longer time until we have a final result - was predicted by commentators on both sides.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A friend challenged my integrity today; as an ardent Trump supporter, he said, "Ok....lets just wait and see, if I'm wrong I will be man enough to say so....and should you be wrong I would expect the same in return."

I responded with the below which I posted to Facebook four years ago on November 9, 2016:

"In my humble opinion the one and only time the political system of the United States has gotten it right in my entire lifetime was with Ronald Reagan. Not because of his party affiliation, but because he was the right person for the job in regards to knowledge, experience, mannerism, and overall who he was a person.

Neither Trump nor Clinton come anywhere close to meeting what should be those absolute minimum requirements to run for the presidency. The country has been in a steady decline since January 20, 1989; is that going to change now? I'd like to think so and will be more than happy to say I was wrong ... but realistically, it's going to continue and likely get worse. Again, the sad part is that that outcome would probably be the same regardless of who was elected, Trump or Clinton.

So no, I don't have a lot of faith, because the country's political system as a whole has repeatedly proven that it doesn't deserve that faith. We are not a United States, that is a misnomer ... we are a country divided along political, racial, and economic lines. We are not United. If we want that, we need another Reagan or Kennedy or Roosevelt, someone to pull the country together rather than divide it further.

Again, perhaps Trump will prove me wrong in which case good for all of us and I'll happily say I was wrong and drink a toast to Mr. Trump's job well done ... but I think my liquor cabinet is safe for the moment."

So here it is four years later, and I was completely wrong; my liquor cabinet is severely depleted, as I drank more due to Trump's presidency and the country's state of affairs than I ever have before. And I don't mean that in a good way!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 882 of 972 FirstFirst ... 382 782 832 872 880 881 882 883 884 892 932 ... LastLast