Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 972 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 827 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Random comment tho probably belongs in Starkblast:

Fifth Element is just such a freaking awesome movie.
    Bruce is hot
    Milla is hot
    Chris is hilarious
    Gary is amazing
    Ian is fabulous
    So many great scenes in that movie. Lots of belly laughs
    reality continues to ruin my life

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DON'TCHA WANT IT?!?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We need votes! Help us from being canceled! It'll only take a second, promise!

Round One, Bracket Three

Bracket Two, FINAL ROUND!

Bracket Three, Round Three

Bracket Four, Round Four

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

Round One, Bracket Three

Bracket Four, Round Four
    I voted, but it takes a bit more than a "second"...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's because you have a slow computer! Or you're just very indecisive!

Or both ...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Got asked to take over as Lead Logistician for our BMEWS/Pave Paws radar line (google it!). The guy who's been doing it for 10 years is retiring, the plan is for me to be his 'understudy' for 8-10 months or until he's convinced I got it, then slide into the big desk. I told them they were nuts, that I'm not really a loggie, but I guess I've been doing something right (this will be my third promotion since I got hired end of last March) so we'll see how it goes. Of course, with the defense budget cuts I could also be out of a job next week, so it all balances out. Still, I'm looking forward to the challenge ... hope I don't hose it up.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Got asked to take over as Lead Logistician for our BMEWS/Pave Paws radar line (google it!). The guy who's been doing it for 10 years is retiring, the plan is for me to be his 'understudy' for 8-10 months or until he's convinced I got it, then slide into the big desk. I told them they were nuts, that I'm not really a loggie, but I guess I've been doing something right (this will be my third promotion since I got hired end of last March) so we'll see how it goes. Of course, with the defense budget cuts I could also be out of a job next week, so it all balances out. Still, I'm looking forward to the challenge ... hope I don't hose it up.
    Does that mean that your fingers near the red button? I pressed the red button once while in Korea (I asked my nurse friend what it did and she didn't know - so I said only one way to find out...) - yeah not the best move I made in Korea (but being the only pediatrician there I had a little leeway) - but that move shut the whole base down (both gates) - until they made sure the situation was clear. And I had to sign some forms that I accidentally hit it with my knee - it was hidden under a desk.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah, nothing like that for me ... it's a missle tracking/space radar. My job is to make sure those systems stay running through sustainment of outdated parts, modernization upgrades, keeping spares available, repairs, etc. Sure hope there isn't a red button!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still congrats on the promotion - as long as that's something you want(ed)

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats George!!
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the promotion!!! So it is like satellite tracking also.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

Round One, Bracket Three

Bracket Four, Round Four
    I voted!!!! C'mon folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Still congrats on the promotion - as long as that's something you want(ed)
    Nope, wasn't really something I wanted or was even looking for ... but I'll take it. I'll try anything, I'm their Jack-of-all-Trades, working everything from logistics to hardware to software to training to safety to documentation, and they've really tested me with that over the past year. That flexibility has gotten me noticed, but really it's nothing more than what I did business as usual every day in the military ... but out here in the civilian world, this company anyway, I guess its not the norm. I'm definitely happy with the promotion; it will come with a nice raise, it's a 'safer' position than my current one with budget cuts, but mostly I'm happy to have proved myself enough that they were willing to offer me the job in the first place. Guess I'm still somewhat self-concious and worried about successfully transitioning to the civilian sector, even after two years.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Congrats. It always feels good to be recognized.

On a side note everything has now been squeezed into my closet err...office/library. All books are on shelves and now just need to be arranged. Hooray. Feels good to have everything out of the boxes and bubblewrap. I did discover I am (almost) short on shelf space for my books. My wife suggested, as a solution to the problem, that maybe I shouldn't buy anymore books. LOL. She is so funny.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

being a Huge Jack Ketchum fan.... and owning the Bone-In Limited edition of this... I am so ready to see this movie...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, a must see.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Speaking of libraries at schools.... my district is voting to close ours. This is upsetting so many reasons, including the fact that I will not have a job in the future. AND that all the awesome Stephen King books I donated will collect dust on a shelf with no librarian to check them out! Hopefully we are able to convince the board not to close the libraries.

Patrick - I need your address, sir!!
    Now that is disturbing!!!
    Wait a second here... Which part of her post are you referencing, Bill?!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The film looks wild...
    We just got s HUGE amount of snow that started yesterday and is not stopping yet....
    At least the snowblower works really well...

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah... that movie apparently was done in 2011

it is available for download on amazon.... I am watching it now.... will let ya'll know what I think...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

not sure i really liked the music score background on that movie.... but the filming was pretty good.... most of the acting was good except for the teacher (they should have cast someone with some talent there)

otherwise... I thought it followed Ketchum's book pretty close and ... was Ketchumly disturbing - just like his novels.

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen king board on jeopardy tonight
    I am guessing most people here would do well on this

http://firewireblog.com/2013/03/05/c...pardy-tonight/

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Gah. I don't have cable. I'm sure I'll find them online later.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Speaking of libraries at schools.... my district is voting to close ours. This is upsetting so many reasons, including the fact that I will not have a job in the future. AND that all the awesome Stephen King books I donated will collect dust on a shelf with no librarian to check them out! Hopefully we are able to convince the board not to close the libraries.

Patrick - I need your address, sir!!
    Now that is disturbing!!!
    Wait a second here... Which part of her post are you referencing, Bill?!
    Well, Patrick not to belittle the fact that Krystle may lose her job, but it disturbs me that local govt. is considering shutting down libraries in general. Don't you agree? Best of luck to you, Krystle let's hope common sense prevails!!!

Spoiler:
    Patrick, the fact that she would like to "address something to you is not disturbing at all. Strange? maybe!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

warning!!! I keep a Texas rattlesnake in my pool...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy SHIT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 972 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 827 ... LastLast