Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 972 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 670 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

<<also drives a pickup truck
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

excarpenter...never did or will drive a pickup truck.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last week i finished HORNS, by Joe Hill... and it is a pretty good story if you ask me. Today, i finished THE PASSAGE... and i cannot wait to read THE TWELVE (next summer). It was slow to start but for installing the story... but once everything happened, it was difficult to leave the book until i finished reading it!

What are you guys reading? I usually read 2 different books. One for the metro and a "larger" one at home, one that i cannot bring in the metro cause too massive.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Btw, David you need to install a "newsletter" system for BETTS Bookstore... to let people know when there are updates on the page
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

When is David going top find the time to do a "newsletter"?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So it appears there is a Big Announcement for what I calculate as October 1st! Come on Jerome, do you intend to dangle the proverbial carrot in front of our faces for 7 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hear, hear! I wonder what our esteemed Director has in store for us this time.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm buying one. Whatever it is.....

Shannon, you better get those bills paid off!

AKC

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wanted to say that I've missed y'all.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Brice! You've been missed too. By the way, did you ever get the Danse Macabre rebound leather twinner I sent you?

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Been thinking very seriously about getting out of the game. I just don't have the passion for it that I used to. I'm sure if I ask you guys, you'll tell me to bail and sell all of my stuff here!

It's something I've really been mulling over the last 2 weeks or so. I just don't know if I have it in me any more. I admire the long-timers here who've stuck with it for so long. I've been doing this seriously for almost 12 years now, and I just don't think I have it in me anymore.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate to see anybody get out of collecting. Of course it's nice when things come up for sale, but it still makes me sad. Still it's not for everybody...supposedly.

Yes Michaël, I did indeed get it. I just have been offline so much I haven't thought to let you know...my fault.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Was anyone able to download the free excerpt of Mile 81? Since my account at AppleStore is registered in Argentina, I can't access and download it. If anyone was able and cares to share, I'd appreciate it a lot Please PM me.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back, Brice!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ric, that sucks to hear. TWELVE YEARS!? Wow. I guess it's kind of like a marriage, where things would get stale after a while. Just like with that, you have to find the passion that was once there. Maybe now just try and buy things low and sell them high? You have the knowledge to do it. I think you should do something to stay related to the former obsession/hobby, you know?

A K CCCCC! My bills will never be paid off. Everything is going good ... and then BAM, I'm suddenly back to my paycheck being spent before I get it. Stephen King-related, I already had a deal with a former collector in place that I'm making payments on, and I'm making payments on a piece of original artwork. Those two alone just took about six hundred bucks out of my $1,600 paycheck ... And then I have this bill and that bill and this bill and that bill ... Leaving me with a big nothing left. Which is why I'm trying to sell some more stuff ...

Mr. RT, I keep offering my awesomeness to David to use me as a slave (in hopes that he will put me in his Will and give me Betts one day, hehehehehe (evil laugh) lol) but he's too smart for that, lol

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Been thinking very seriously about getting out of the game. I just don't have the passion for it that I used to. I'm sure if I ask you guys, you'll tell me to bail and sell all of my stuff here!

It's something I've really been mulling over the last 2 weeks or so. I just don't know if I have it in me any more. I admire the long-timers here who've stuck with it for so long. I've been doing this seriously for almost 12 years now, and I just don't think I have it in me anymore.
    Why not a take a break, sit on the sidelines, and enjoy what you've got, then reconsider your position after a month or three? These days it's not like you're going to miss the record profits of a market peak. Unless you need to sell, there shouldn't be any big rush to liquidate your collection.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I concur with the above statement.

Country
    Country Flag

Ric, I don't know whether you've lost the appetite for collecting in general or only for keeping up with your personal collecting goals (for example, S/L editions). If you still like the idea of 'collecting' it may be a good idea to change your priorities for a while to get out of the rut: start looking for different editions (for example proofs, magazine 1st appearances, foreign publications) or maybe different authors?

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Thanks all. I think it's that I've lost the passion for collecting in general, but especially King. It seems -- like with most things -- that it is exciting and fun in the beginning but after awhile it becomes almost a job. Plus I'm starting to see things coming out that are nothing more than -- to me -- blatant cash grabs from collectors. It's not like the "old days" when the hunt was part of the allure. Now it's simply about money, which takes the fun out of it for me. Plus I'm getting the same feeling I had just before I got out of the comic book game; that the whole industry is now fully aware of collectors and is overpricing items. Plus, people are buying things solely as collectibles which devalues the market and simply makes it more about "hoarding" the latest overpriced release than actually adding an item to a collection.

I'll always love the stories and will keep all my trade editions (I'll most likely keep my signed Gunslinger as well) but I simply don't see a reason to keep doing this any longer. I'm not going to sell everything tomorrow, but I'll most likely stop buying altogether and sell things off as I can. It's been a wild ride, but I just don't have it in me any longer.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Plus I'm starting to see things coming out that are nothing more than -- to me -- blatant cash grabs from collectors. It's not like the "old days" when the hunt was part of the allure. Now it's simply about money, which takes the fun out of it for me. Plus I'm getting the same feeling I had just before I got out of the comic book game; that the whole industry is now fully aware of collectors and is overpricing items. Plus, people are buying things solely as collectibles which devalues the market and simply makes it more about "hoarding" the latest overpriced release than actually adding an item to a collection.
    This is why I am glad that I am not interested in signed/limited editions. It took me some time to figure out what my personal collecting goals are. I narrowed it down to 1st trade editions (US and UK), magazine 1st appearances and some proofs. I know that these will keep me busy for a long time to come and there are not enough collectors interested in these to attract 'speculators'.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that you are quiting collecting but i definately see where you are coming from.

Hope everything goes ok!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As the man said...ya gotta know what your personal collecting goals are. the sl market is not going away but it is clearly overheated and some of it is a blatant cash grab...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The company I started with some friends just won a government tender for a videogame!!! It's the first big big step we can make!

And I was the one who build the project and the proposal
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good job. Congratulations.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Ari!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 972 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 670 ... LastLast