Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dispensation of your collection upon your demise?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ha ha... I sent that Redrum picture to the official Redrum website and they posted it in their gallery... pretty funny.

http://www.redrum.com/gallery.php

2nd row...6th picture

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, where will your collection go?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for asking.

I originally said that if I died, my girlfriend Amber would be contacting David from Betts and enlisting his help with selling my collection.

But ... when I spoke to her about it, she said she would keep it. She's a book lover, a Stephen King fan, and she has the hoarding/collecting bug as well because when she moved in, her books almost matched my own! We collectively have eight book shelves full of books, lol.

So ... I guess she's getting it. Though, if we BOTH die in a horrible, fiery crash, it'll be on sale a week later at Betts.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Thank you for asking.

I originally said that if I died, my girlfriend Amber would be contacting David from Betts and enlisting his help with selling my collection.

But ... when I spoke to her about it, she said she would keep it. She's a book lover, a Stephen King fan, and she has the hoarding/collecting bug as well because when she moved in, her books almost matched my own! We collectively have eight book shelves full of books, lol.

So ... I guess she's getting it. Though, if we BOTH die in a horrible, fiery crash, it'll be on sale a week later at Betts.
    Do you have anyone to taste the food she makes for you?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

llloooollll. I guess that should be next on my list of things to acquire, eh? A taster. lol

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, I volunteer to oversee the dispensation of your SK collection
    Spoiler:
    to me
    when your gone. Admittedly it's a bit of a burden, but that's what friends are for.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon can have everything after I'm gone, except what the kids want!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hold on, Bill! I think he's on the phone with his lawyer seeing if that constitutes a legally binding contract.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! I like this game! And forty years from now (when I'm the new Bob, lol), when the new collectors of Stephen King ask me "Mr. Shannon, how did you get so many rare and unique items?" I'll say ... "Well kids, it started a long time ago when Bill died ..."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bastard, I'm still alive!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bastard, I'm still alive!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

All I'm sayin' is that maybe you should hire someone to taste all your food for you. Just an idea.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am feeling a little "under the weather"................. Oh Shit!!!!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

But if the both of you die.... Horribly?? (dead is dead isn't it ?)
    Who's going to tell David?

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Thank you for asking.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol that's a good point. But honestly, if I died, and my stuff got shipped up and sent away, you probably wouldn't want it anyway. When us military people move, there is a group of people on every base, civilians mostly, that come and pack up your shit for you. Sounds nice, right? It's not nice. Unless you're there watching them (and sometimes, even when you are), your stuff will not arrive at the new destination in the same condition it left as. I've had two TVs break, I've had two boxes of DVDs stolen ("lost" they said, lol) ...

That's a funny story. I watched them pack the DVDs, and I have my DVDs in alphabetical order. I watched what they did when they packed, they were more or less in order. They sealed them up, put protection tape on them, and sent them on their way. When the boxes got to my new place, the DVDs were all out of order and a lot of the "more expensive" DVDs/boxed sets, Blu-Rays, etc. were gone. But the remaining boxes (minus the two "missing" boxes) were still sealed with protection tape. I was pissed, but I ended up getting $17.99 per DVD reimbursement from the military anyway, which is SO much more than I paid for them, lol. It was almost worth it.

But being reimbursed for DVDs is a lot easier than being reimbursed for a piece of original artwork or a one of a kind collectible. You can't really put a price on that, you know? So, whenever I move from here on out, I'll be the one packing up my things, thank you.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, it's okay! You've got enough worries when it's time for you to move. We'll go pack your King stuff for you.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My response to the above is HERE.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw! Fear not though there is plenty of room in my collection for yours too.

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I am in the process of packing my collection of books and I have already filled 150 book boxes and still have one room to go! It may take me the rest of my life to unpack

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and then they'll get packed again.

Wow, 150 boxes. I thought I had a lot of books.

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

my book hoarding has gone on for several decades and i shudder to think how the next of kin are going to dispose of them....I have well over 250 signed king books over 1000 signed Franklin and Easton press and several dozen signed Hemingway Faulkner Steinbeck and McCarthy. I probably have over 100 Bradbury first editions.....ugh... any sane executor would look at that and think...best cure is lighter fluid and a match

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be executor for say ten books of my choice.

Seriously, my roommates are english teachers and ALL of our books might be a third of that...maybe.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

about that... Id rather my "treasures " go to someone who would appreciate them rather than someone just looking to flip it for a buck

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think most of us feel the same about that.

Mine will probably mostly get sold, though I'm sure my brothers would keep some for sentimental reasons. Actually my older brother might keep them all even though he rarely reads a book. He just likes how they look on the shelves.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast