Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 430 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    I'm noticing I completely misunderstood the Introduce Yourself question of, 'How did you discover the Dark Tower,' thinking it was the website.

To answer the actual question, my aunt gave me trade paperbacks of the first 3 books when I was a teen since she knew I liked King. I devoured them, then learned SK wasn't going to write the rest of the series, at least not for a long time. Many years later I was surprised to learn not only did he pick it back up, the final installment was just coming out and I'd been under a rock.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

And a big 'Hi' to everyone here I know from the CD forums!
    Hey buddy! Just joined myself!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Here's a question for when I do start: I've heard The Little Sisters of Eluria is a prelude/stand alone novel, can I or should I start with it, or will it ruin The Gunslinger?
    I agree. It's not necessary to start with it. If you start to have problems with The Gunslinger, you might want to skip to book 2--The Drawing of the Three--then go back to The Gunslinger. The Gunslinger is VERY different than any of the King books and lots of people have a problem with it.

John
    Oh man, I wouldn't do that. I'm not worried about it being complicated or anything. It's just that I already have Little Sisters available to me and not The Gunslinger. So I figured I might start with it, since I heard it's a prequel, but I don't want it to ruin the surprise or fun of The Gunslinger either.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Has anyone here quit smoking by switching to vaping???????
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

Buddy of mine did about 2 years ago. He still vapes all the live-long day, but it's MUCH healthier than ciggies.

I quit with Nicorette and swear by the stuff. 16 year smoker now clean for about 5 years. I abused the gum for about 1 week and kept some emergency pieces around for months afterward without using them. For me it was just a matter of before caving to the craving, making a dedication to chew a piece of gum first. I failed a few times, but it was usually because I said 'screw the gum' and went straight for a smoke when a craving hit. Once I was determined to always have the gum first, then light one after if needed, I never smoked again.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

Vaping = E-Cigs? If so, I tried it but had an issue as I smoke Ultra Lights and the E-Cigs are more like a regular Marlboro Cigarette. Could'nt stop coughing!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler hellnope is on a distinguished road

hello

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hellnope View Post
    hello
    Well, Hi right back at ya!!! Man of few words, I can respect that!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Vaping = E-Cigs? If so, I tried it but had an issue as I smoke Ultra Lights and the E-Cigs are more like a regular Marlboro Cigarette. Could'nt stop coughing!!!
    The coughing is because the water and PG (propylene glycol) was what your body wasn't used to. And the e-cigs small cartridges are always 100% PG. The only side affect I have learned thus far is that PG in some people may cause dehydration. And there are different quantities of nicotine ranging from 24-0 milligrams. I was asking since I quit using cigarettes completely with a vaping mod and a tank almost 1 year ago. The PG stuff was dehydrating me and I found a place online that would do mixtures of vegetable glycol and propylene glycol. It was tough quitting, but an 80-20 VG-PG mixture did it for me. Didn't know if there was someone out there on here that was up for talking about this type of thing.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

The coughing is because the water and PG (propylene glycol) was what your body wasn't used to. And the e-cigs small cartridges are always 100% PG. The only side affect I have learned thus far is that PG in some people may cause dehydration. And there are different quantities of nicotine ranging from 24-0 milligrams. I was asking since I quit using cigarettes completely with a vaping mod and a tank almost 1 year ago. The PG stuff was dehydrating me and I found a place online that would do mixtures of vegetable glycol and propylene glycol. It was tough quitting, but an 80-20 VG-PG mixture did it for me. Didn't know if there was someone out there on here that was up for talking about this type of thing.
    I really, really tried for four months to quit not too long ago. Then, coupled with the E-Cig issues and my past health issues, I said "Fuck it, if the smoking is what gets me in the end so be it"!!! It's my one and only remaining vice.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are many other threads to discuss "vaping" etc.
    This is intended for people to introduce themselves.

Traveler franny is on a distinguished road

Im a new old member lol. Some of you knew me as mia\susannah. I have not been here in a long time. I have missed the tower

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome back!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellnope View Post
    hello
    Best introduction ever.
    Welcome.

Thank you

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back franny

Thank you storyslinger

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you forget your old login?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome hellnope and Franny!

John

Yes and i couldnt retrive it so i had to register again. Thank you jhanic

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Welcome hellnope and Franny!

John
    I second both Welcomes!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all newcomer's and oldtimer's too!!!

Traveler Zurov has a spectacular aura about Zurov has a spectacular aura about Zurov's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a newer member, and just have to say I'm impressed at the amount of activity on this site, wish I aahad known about it the first time I read through the series lol (just finished my 4th read through)

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to have you on board.
    Is that a picture of yourself in the avatar? If so, thank you for your service.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

loyal follower of Tiamat kirin is on a distinguished road kirin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello ! And welcome!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 430 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 ... LastLast