Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 298 of 430 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 348 398 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler marcdelve is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hiya!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

A friend visited his Godfather in the United States and was given the first 3 books to read. When he returned he passed them on.

Who is your favorite charcter?

This is hard... Callahan a world jumping, vampire hunting priest. Enough said

What is your favorite book?

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

26 years of age

Where are you from?

North East of England

do you have a nickname?

Nope call me Marc

Have you got any Tattoo's?

Covered...(why i added this question) I have 3 very large ones covering my body related to the Dark Tower. Roland passing through a door, Shardik the bear and a Maturin the turtle

What do you do?

I work for a huge retailer in England called Tesco. I work as non-food manager.

Children?

2 boys. Wilson Harry 5 years old and Dexter Blaine 1 years old (Blaine i know, Don't tell the wife its related)

Nice to meet you all hope this forum entertains me Looking forward to speaking to you all!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why am I not seeing the new posts in this thread?
    Christine

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to see the other new posts in this thread, too! what's up wit dat?

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I noticed this too earlier-- strange.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler SarahYork3D is on a distinguished road

Greetings fellow DT fans

Friend recommended the books whilst I was in high school

Who is your favourite character?
    Roland! He's badass Also Flagg and his many forms

I enjoy reading The Drawing of The Three most

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    UK

I came on the forums as I am developing a Dark Tower game as part of a university project which is being created in the Unity engine. I have to get feedback for it and thought who better to give me feedback than some DT fans

The game is set in Stephen King's dogan, check out these screenshots of the work done so far and let me know what you think plus any suggestions would be awesome. Feel free to ask any questions about the story etc aswell

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no tattoos... but copying that one is tempting. Nice to meetcha, welcome to the site!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Why am I not seeing the new posts in this thread?
    Our spam software Moderates posts by members with less than 5 posts who have a hyperlink and/or image in their post.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Marc, awesome tatts and story. Sarah, hell yeahhh rockin' The Drawing of the Three. It's what married me to DT

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SarahYork3D View Post
    Greetings fellow DT fans

Friend recommended the books whilst I was in high school

Who is your favourite character?
    Roland! He's badass Also Flagg and his many forms

I enjoy reading The Drawing of The Three most

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    UK

I came on the forums as I am developing a Dark Tower game as part of a university project which is being created in the Unity engine. I have to get feedback for it and thought who better to give me feedback than some DT fans

The game is set in Stephen King's dogan, check out these screenshots of the work done so far and let me know what you think plus any suggestions would be awesome. Feel free to ask any questions about the story etc aswell

First, Welcome to the site!!!! Second, you'd probably do better with this subject in a dedicated thread after you have the required 5 posts. Thirdly, FWIW I always pictured the "Dogan's" as a little more "Hi-Tech" than stone walls. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Marc!! Very NICE tat!

Welcome Sarah!!! The game looks interesting, but I have to agree with Merlin here, looks more like a WWII bomb shelter (reminds me more of what I pictured under the Dixie Pig) then the pictures in my head of a smooth walled Dogan. But, that's just my interpretation.
    Christine

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

New members? Do not miss out on this!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Occupy-TDT.Org

Be there, or be square!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler bmcmolo is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Greetings and felicitations, fellow travelers,

I was a huge King fan years ago then took a leave of absence. Returned to the fold last year with the mission to give the man’s work a proper overview. Almost succeeded in my personal quest to read everything King’s written in 2012 but needed January 2013 to finish.

Who is your favorite character?

Tough one – love Roland, Eddie, Oy, even loved Andy the Messenger Robot. (Not to mention Daria from Wind Thru the Keyhole. And of course Blaine the Mono.)

Of the Dark Towers: Wizard and Glass. Of the Kingverse in general: Duma Key.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Born in New England, grew up in Germany, live in Chicago now.

do you have a nickname?

“B McMolo” is my nickname/ username. Real name is Bryan. You killed my father; prepare to die.

Have you got any Tattoos?

Nope.

What do you do?

I work for Lurie Children’s Hospital as a Quality Information Coordinator. Also a husband/ Dad and in what spare time there is, blog and write my own stuff.

Nice to meet you. Look forward to reading y’all’s posts and making my way through existing threads.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome bmcmolo! Well met!
    Christine

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bmcmolo View Post
    Of the Kingverse in general: Duma Key.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Mcmolo, so you read all his novels in one year? I must be the slowest reader here!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! Please post often!

(Your choice of favorite characters is interesting--lots of "intelligent" machines!)

John

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

interesting indeed

Mcmolo: don't be shy to post in old threads. I mean, some people think, for some unfathomable reasons, that it's not right to resurrect a thread that hasn't been posted in for months (or years). It is, however, perfectly all right and actually desirable. We might do with some fresh ideas around here.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    interesting indeed

Mcmolo: don't be shy to post in old threads. I mean, some people think, for some unfathomable reasons, that it's not right to resurrect a thread that hasn't been posted in for months (or years). It is, however, perfectly all right and actually desirable. We might do with some fresh ideas around here.
    Very good point, Jean!!!

Also, all you new members be sure to check out the "Occupy Event" this Sat. Prizes, games and lots of fun!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ions-hints-etc.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

hear, hear!

Country
    Country Flag

Ka-tet,

My biggest apologizes for missing our big day. I just got home from the hospital a couple hours ago. I have 6 weeks of therapy but I will be fine. I plan to be back here periodically over the coming weeks and be back up to my normal posting in no time.

Country
    Country Flag

oh shit

so, that's where you've been, my blue-eyed son

Much goodmind to you, hope you won't disapper mysteriously again!

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Bears. It was quite unexpected. Thanks for the well wishes. I don't plan on it happening again

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Yes, Bears. It was quite unexpected. Thanks for the well wishes. I don't plan on it happening again
    Truly hope you are well or, on the mend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler bmcmolo is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Mcmolo, so you read all his novels in one year? I must be the slowest reader here!
    And all the stories and novellas, too! I kind of went overboard. My hour-commute each way definitely helped me speed along. It was all for a series of blogs that I now miss doing. The day I got on the train without a King-book for the first time in 9 months was quite disorienting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 298 of 430 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 348 398 ... LastLast