Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 430 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 382 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler pooloftears is on a distinguished road pooloftears's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine

Thankee sai!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pooloftears View Post
    Not too fond of Callahan. .

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Desmond Toren is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all, another Tower junkie here, nice to see there are more of us!!!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    My mother, a big SK fan, got me into reading and SK in general, in 1987 she handed both books 1 and 2, and told me i might like it, boy was she right!!!

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Roland, old long, tall and ugly himself! if i had to choose a second it would be Eddie.

What is your favorite book?
    Its had to pick, but The Wastelands or Drawing of the Three would be it.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    born in Pittsburgh, PA, in an awesome little neiborhood called Point Breeze! Now living in Florida near Tampa.

do you have a nickname?
    Funny, my nickname is The gunslinger, a friend of mine stared calling me that after seeing my book collection and my explaining the series to him and it just caught on, most of my friends dont know why or how i got the nickname but it stuck.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome All!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Merlin1958!!! Nevermind the name as it is now. All shall become clear in time!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler oil-man is on a distinguished road oil-man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Greetings all, and thanks to wedealinlead for pointing the way...with his croocked finger! I'm new to posting, except over at Dan Simmons where I got banned once...do folks here ever get banned by the propriator?

Just finished reading The Wind Through The Keyhole...enjoyed it enough to start the DK series...then found out King revised The Gunslinger in 2003...wedealinlead says there's two schools of thought here: original DT vs Revised DT.

Sounds like fun.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Been posting a couple months but skipped this step. So I'm making up for it now.

Google, that's how I discover everything.

Who is your favorite character?
    For right now, I'll say Tom Cullen. Only because I often say, "M-O-O-N that spells _____."

Insomnia, it was my gateway.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Born in Bradenton, Fl grew up in Cape Coral, Fl now in Columbia, SC.

do you have a nickname?
    They went away after college. Matt works just fine.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's great to be on board

How did I discover The Dark Tower?

a) the book - I was gifted a Plume 1st edition waay back when (I was already a long time Stephen King fan at the time);
    b) TDT.org - stumbled across an auction for a Glenn Chadbourne "The Crate" remarqued copy of CD's Shivers VI and was fortunate enough to win it.

Who is my favourite character?
    Hmm, let me think about that for a nanosecond (maybe less) - ok, let's look left and say Pennywise together

What is my favourite book?

Hands down The Stand (the original edition)!!!

How old am I?

Sigh, just turned 50 last month (bugger!!!)

Where am I from?

Parramatta (Sydney) Australia.

Do I have a nickname?

Not so much, but Penny'll do just fine (or call me anything but late for breakfast)
    We all float down here!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the forum!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Oh, I missed this thread!

The books I discovered when I became obsessed with Stephen King. The website I found recently while hunting for birthday purchases.

Who is your favorite character?
    Oy. No contest.

The Dream Eater is my favorite book of all time... but Insomnia; the very first King book I ever read will always be my favorite King book.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania

Do you have a nickname?
    My friends call me Krys, my students call me Mrs. T... I make pierogies and my husband pities the fool.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oil-man View Post
    Greetings all, and thanks to wedealinlead for pointing the way...with his croocked finger! I'm new to posting, except over at Dan Simmons where I got banned once...do folks here ever get banned by the propriator?

It is very rare that any regular members are banned. It can happen, but generally it doesn't. On the rare occasions someone is banned the directors handle it...unless it's a spammer...I kill most of them these days. In fact I just got one now. We do not like to ban, really. It's a last resort...excepting those spammers.

Welcome everyone!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome All!!!!

Spoiler:
    Be careful about being obnoxious regarding the Haven Fund raiser!!!! That can get you banned!!!! I recommend a "low key" approach to the subject!!! LOL LOL LOL J/K

Spoiler:
    "Inside" Joke. Ignore me!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry, Bill

Spoiler:
    We ALWAYS ignore you.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we've never ACTUALLY banned Bill. We might have talked about doing it...no more than a few thousand times....a day...every day... but never banned.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we've never ACTUALLY banned Bill. We might have talked about doing it...no more than a few thousand times....a day...every day... but never banned.
    LOL! I'm pretty sure that you can't ban "A Splendid One to Behold". I think it's written in the bi-laws somewhere between stating that all folks from Lettiland must read each and every post on the site and where it talks about how Jerome has the right to execute anyone that pisses him off.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Uhhh...I missed that bit about Jerome executing people. Are you sure we want to have it in the welcome thread what REALLY happens to those we want to ban?

Seriously though bans are almost unheard of around here.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

LOL! I'm pretty sure that you can't ban "A Splendid One to Behold". I think it's written in the bi-laws somewhere between stating that all folks from Lettiland must read each and every post on the site and where it talks about how Jerome has the right to execute tickle anyone that pisses him off.
    Uhhh...I missed that bit about Jerome executing tickling people. Are you sure we want to have it in the welcome thread what REALLY happens to those we want to ban?

You are of course correct, Brice. I edited the previous messages...And to stay on topic.

Welcome to the forum everyone and feel free to actively participate in any conversation(s) that grab your attention.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Right. We do not ban. We bearmaul.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Right. We do not ban. We bearmaul.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, yes the bears do have to eat.

If you rescue me

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing like a good old country bearing - I love this forum already
    We all float down here!

Traveler starnes_82 is on a distinguished road starnes_82's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i've been absent for almost a year now, but i'm back. i just picked up "the wind through the keyhole" sunday. my work schedule has been crazy so i haven't started on it yet., anyway nice to see everyone again.

Traveler starnes_82 is on a distinguished road starnes_82's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i have a quick question. do you guys do fan art, i mean accept fan art from members?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

John F. Kennedy richie01 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

already made a few posts but here goes...

only very recently, 2 yrs or so ago. i friend introduced me to the series and became hooked

Who is your favorite charcter?

need to think about that one...: )

The Great and Secret Show

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Leeds, England

do you have a nickname?

Richie
    Last edited by richie01; 05-23-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: update

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 430 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 382 ... LastLast