Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 259 of 430 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 309 359 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Glad to see I am not the only N00b

And I LOL'd that you were disappointed in the Man in Black's demise, I thought it quite fitting Bryn Lucas

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler blitzen is on a distinguished road blitzen's Avatar

Hello! I've been lurking for a couple of months. Maybe longer, I cant remember if i lurked before i actually joined or not . anyway, i figured it was time to show my face.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? My mom bought me the first three when i was younger. i think i was under 14, but i cant really remember. Either way, i had to wait for Wizard and Glass and thought I'd die before it came out.

Who is your favorite character? Oy! and Jake. and Callahan.

What is your favorite book? Wolves of the Calla

How old are you? 29

Where are you from? Texas

do you have a nickname? blitzen i suppose

Random stuff:
    Least favorite dark tower book: Wizard and Glass. Everyone seems to love it, but i only like the beginning and end. The story of Susan and all that shouldve been a separate book in my opinion. (it was, and still is on re-reads) hard to switch gears from Topeka then back to Topeka. I liked both stories, it was just that they didn't (for lack of a better word) merge right. I didn't want to read the back story, i was totally caught up in them being in Topeka, then I got in to the back story and didn't want to switch back. it felt jarring.

Other random fact: I suck at capitalizing letters, I try and remember so as not to annoy people, but i mostly ignore it. I suck at spelling, but spell check is awesome. so no worries there.

Traveler MasterFFrost is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

As long as I can remember, my mom's favorite author was Stephen King. So when I started to read for pleasure instead of just school, even though I never actually read the school books, King was my first choice. I started "simply" with the Tommyknockers. I remembered seeing the tv movie series and being really scared, so I fugred why not start there. After getting to be a huge King fan, I took on the Dark Tower. Changed my life.

Who is your favorite charcter?

The gunslingers of course. No one stood out more than the other. They were like my best friends while I read the book. Even started saying Thankee Sai.

What is your favorite book?

Wizard and Glass. Thought he Drawing of the Three was a close second. Meeting the characters was great, but learning some history about Roland and his former Ka tet was great. Also learning a liottle about the wizard's rainbow was pretty cool.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Charleston, SC currently. St. Louis, Mo originally.

do you have a nickname?

SCUBA Steve and Red

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler srebmahc781ekaj is on a distinguished road

I come in peace ... No really, I do. I swear. Just wanted to read thoughts and news regarding the movies/tv show. To those who don't care for me, I'll keep to myself. For those of you who do, hello. Sorry for any past troubles, I'm here for the tower, not heat.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^^ I am good with all that and welcome, but can you tell me how to pronounce your forum name???
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Traveler srebmahc781ekaj is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    ^^^^ I am good with all that and welcome, but can you tell me how to pronounce your forum name???
    Richard ... obviously.

Traveler Eddie-Dean is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

Default Hello

Hi,

i couldn't see where to post a quick hello, so here I am!

Started reading the Dark Tower books around 7 years ago and was lucky most of the books were out so didn't have a wait between books like the vetern beam followers.

2 years agao I got half way through the last book, but put it down (maybe I didn't want the journey to finish!?). Anyway finished the last book yesterday and have mixed feelings of the ending, but excited of the news of:
    - alternative ending - new book - 3 movies and TV series!

I book the first 7 Marvel comics as well, but have not read.

I just hope and pray the TV series does it justice and does not get cancelled! Has the potential to be epic as long as someone of the quality of HBO (Boardwalk Empire, Soprano's, Wire..et) pick it up!

Hello from England, theres a door here as well!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Eddie, here's me raising a virtual cup of hot cocoa to you, mitt shlagg
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Eddie!

this thread will be merged where it belongs

Traveler SirRipo is on a distinguished road

An English teacher's recommendation in the 10th grade.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Eddie.

Wizard and Glass or Song of Susannah

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Green Bay, WI, US

do you have a nickname?
    Ripo, for a kind of dumb reason XD

As an aside, a friend and I are trying to figure out how the Beams would lie on our map (where they would lie in our world). Part of the confusion comes from the fact that it's implied that Mid-world/End-world is flat. So would the beams lie tangential to our world? Or would they wrap around the globe?

Traveler hwvw23 is on a distinguished road hwvw23's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys and gals!!

I've had trouble with the account I had registered here, but I guess I haven't posted much anyway, so I think I should change that! My name is Hans by the way.

So, first, to answer the questions everyone else does:

A friend of mine, who also made me discover Stephen King's books in generally, has bought Hardcover editions of DT 1-3, and he wondered if I'd like to buy the Paperbacks from him. Luckily i did. Since then, I became addicted to DT, registered at the largest german Stephen King Fansite, (as "Roland of Gilead") a short while after I became Moderator in their Forum. That was sometime about 2002 I think. Well, that's the story.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland.

Tough. I'd say The Waste Lands. (close followed by Drawing of the three)

How old are you?

To old to remember my age.
    Nah, I'm 28 so far.

Where are you from?
    Germany, near Cologne.

do you have a nickname?
    Yeah, apart from a few swearwords I hear they use to call me "Big William" (second name plus I'm not tiny)

Further questions, feel free to ask.

PS: That lady in my Avatar is Katie Melua, A musican I like. That fella next to her there is myself.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi hwvw23,
    Nice to meet you.
    Hope you have fun, this is a interesting site.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Welcome to the ka-tet! Hope you stay awhile!

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler Sandy-sai is on a distinguished road Sandy-sai's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello, greetings, and I hope we are well met My name's Sandy.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I found a battered copy of The Wizard & Glass in my local Library sometime in the summer of 1999. Not realising it was part if a series, but loving every book previously read by King, I read on. Even though I was a wee bit confused, I was hooked! It wasn't until I found The Gunslinger in a second hand shop some months later, that it all made sense. I was obsessed from there!

Who is your favorite character? This is a toughie! I think not only does it depend on the book I'm reading, it also depends on the mood I am in at the time. At the moment, I'm reading The Waste Lands, so it is Jake. Outside of the Ka-tet, it would be Susan-sai.

What is your favorite book? Wizard & Glass! The first book I read, and still holds a place in my heart.

How old are you? A woman never discloses this....but I'm 29

Where are you from? Small country in the UK, called Wales.

Do you have a nickname? Not really

Anyhoo, I wish you all long days and pleasant nights. And may you all find luck on the path of the beam

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy-sai View Post

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I found a battered copy of The Wizard & Glass in my local Library sometime in the summer of 1999. Not realising it was part if a series, but loving every book previously read by King, I read on. Even though I was a wee bit confused, I was hooked! It wasn't until I found The Gunslinger in a second hand shop some months later, that it all made sense. I was obsessed from there!

Who is your favorite character? This is a toughie! I think not only does it depend on the book I'm reading, it also depends on the mood I am in at the time. At the moment, I'm reading The Waste Lands, so it is Jake. Outside of the Ka-tet, it would be Susan-sai.

What is your favorite book? Wizard & Glass! The first book I read, and still holds a place in my heart.

How old are you? A woman never discloses this....but I'm 29

Anyhoo, I wish you all long days and pleasant nights. And may you all find luck on the path of the beam
    Very nice to meet you Sandi-Sai,
    I'm new here myself (couple months)
    Really fun site, hope you like your visits.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Traveler Sandy-sai is on a distinguished road Sandy-sai's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Cook, for the kind welcome. I look forward to many hours of chatting about a subject very close to my heart

xx

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by srebmahc781ekaj View Post
    I come in peace ... No really, I do. I swear. Just wanted to read thoughts and news regarding the movies/tv show. To those who don't care for me, I'll keep to myself. For those of you who do, hello. Sorry for any past troubles, I'm here for the tower, not heat.
    Hmm...without you saying who you were we don't know if we liked you or not. LOL Anyhow, the past is just that for a reason.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by srebmahc781ekaj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    Richard ... obviously.
    Well, glad you cleared it up, I thought you pronounced it "Bob" like the fellow in MIB II. Anyhoo, Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by SirRipo View Post

do you have a nickname?
    Ripo, for a kind of dumb reason XD

As an aside, a friend and I are trying to figure out how the Beams would lie on our map (where they would lie in our world). Part of the confusion comes from the fact that it's implied that Mid-world/End-world is flat. So would the beams lie tangential to our world? Or would they wrap around the globe?
    Beams exist as roses in our world, not beams, so they grow towards the sunlight I think. I could be wrong about that tho'

And now you have us curious about the origin of your nick name.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by hwvw23 View Post
    Hi guys and gals!!

PS: That lady in my Avatar is Katie Melua, A musican I like. That fella next to her there is myself.
    HI Hans!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy-sai View Post

And long days and pleasant nights to you as well Susan-sai

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hwvw23 View Post
    Hi guys and gals!!

I've had trouble with the account I had registered here, but I guess I haven't posted much anyway, so I think I should change that! My name is Hans by the way.

So, first, to answer the questions everyone else does:

A friend of mine, who also made me discover Stephen King's books in generally, has bought Hardcover editions of DT 1-3, and he wondered if I'd like to buy the Paperbacks from him. Luckily i did. Since then, I became addicted to DT, registered at the largest german Stephen King Fansite, (as "Roland of Gilead") a short while after I became Moderator in their Forum. That was sometime about 2002 I think. Well, that's the story.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland.

Tough. I'd say The Waste Lands. (close followed by Drawing of the three)

How old are you?

To old to remember my age.
    Nah, I'm 28 so far.

Where are you from?
    Germany, near Cologne.

do you have a nickname?
    Yeah, apart from a few swearwords I hear they use to call me "Big William" (second name plus I'm not tiny)

Further questions, feel free to ask.

Hi,

schön dich HIER zu SEHEN

Traveler hwvw23 is on a distinguished road hwvw23's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the warm welcome everyone, (nice to see you too, Stocker! )

Traveler TooterFish is on a distinguished road TooterFish's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Hile, Fellow travelers

Hile, fellow Dark Tower follwers.

Nice to find a forum on the DT. Finishing up on the last book now. Well...

How did I discover the Dark Tower?

--naturally. I have been reading King since middle school, and once King completed all of the series, I finally found the time (while my husband is deployed) and started reading. I started in March and in two months I am on the last one.

Fav Character? Tie between Roland and Jake

Fav Book? The Drawing of the Three....of King's works, IT

Age 33 Born Winchester, Virginia Nickname: many....

Glad to have found you guys! Long Days and Pleasant Nights. My profile pic is of my 1st Dark Tower tattoo. I would like to get a sleeve done paying hommage to the DT....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 259 of 430 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 309 359 ... LastLast