Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 430 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 404 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by remyzaguan View Post
    Well, I joined about one year ago, and I didn't introduce myself at that time. I'm somewhat of a cyberintrovert. I've come to the site off and on, usually checking ifo on books I'm wanting to buy, and a couple of days ago I had the time to start exploring. As an avid, nay, rabid reader and collector of Stephen King, I love this place!
    "Cyberintrovert." That's interesting. Would you say that you're also introverted IRL? Or are your reasons for coming here just different from non-virtual experiences?
    Sociological curiosity. If this sounds too clinical or to answer is awkward, then never mind.
    Nice to meet you all in any case.
    You're weird!!! LOL LOLLOL

Welcome to the site!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sorry. I wasn't trying to make anybody feel weird. Like I said, just curious. But it's alright for you to say that I'm weird, because we're old friends. (And because... you're basically right. )

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sorry. I wasn't trying to make anybody feel weird. Like I said, just curious. But it's alright for you to say that I'm weird, because we're old friends. (And because... you're basically right. )
    LOL By now, I know you can take a joke as it was intended you educated so and so!!! LOL LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    I went to the school of "Hard Knocks"!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler remyzaguan is on a distinguished road

Livin' in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, pathoftheturtle, for assisting me in the clarification of my "condition"! I may well be an introverted IRL, but I must confess my ignorance; what does IRL stand for? I do appreciate the welcome. Well, back to the FAQs for me!

Traveler bryanambition is on a distinguished road bryanambition's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I have been a Stephen King fan my entire literate life--basically, once I discovered the value of a book, I was addicted to the biggest, thickest volumes King could throw at me! I started the Dark Tower series last year, and slowly made my way to the end, savouring every character, every movement, every decision. I just finished The Dark Tower, and am having a serious starkblast of emotions--I feel like I was part of the ka tet! So I'm here for some emotional support ;-)

Who is your favorite charcter?

I'd have to say Susannah, as I felt she brought a warm, maternal quality to the ka tet as well as the type of strength and resilience only a woman (and perhaps a mother) could have. She made the whole thing feel so much more human, and I loved her energy.

What is your favorite book?

Wolves of the Calla, I think. I like how much closer it brought the ka tet, one of their most important battles. I also really enjoyed Pere Callahan's story. But it's difficult to say. The historical aspects of Wizard and Glass that told more about Roland's past were amazing, too.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

London, UK! But I am from New York City, so I found so much of the interaction with America-side and NYC fascinating.
    do you have a nickname?

BryanAmbition, I guess ;-)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Brian! Please feel free to post often!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by remyzaguan View Post
    Thank you, pathoftheturtle, for assisting me in the clarification of my "condition"! I may well be an introverted IRL, but I must confess my ignorance; what does IRL stand for? I do appreciate the welcome. Well, back to the FAQs for me!
    IRL stands for "in real life," which stands for "activities when not on the internet." In a way, everything is real life, but that's the term and abbreviation regularly used by the "computer culture" for 10 or 15 years now. So, I was asking whether you think you're more outgoing when you're face-to-face with people. It's not necessarily wrong to use the web only for looking up things you might want to buy; some people prefer that. And some people just don't have extroverted personality types -- nothing wrong with that, either, once you get to know the person. I'm glad you chose to introduce yourself, and feel free to check out the different areas hereabouts. Whatever way you want to approach it, welcome to tdt.org!

And welcome to you, too, Bryan!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears prefer "in the so-called real life"

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loyal follower of Tiamat kirin is on a distinguished road kirin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yo!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yo yourself!

nohting makes a bear happier than seeing an old friend...

Traveler remyzaguan is on a distinguished road

Livin' in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Bryan, and Jean. It was just a few days later, maybe when I was washing my hair or something when it hit me! IRL! In the real world. I like "in the so-called real world! This has brought about some interesting self examination, and I've determined that I'm more introverted on the net! Why, you might ask? Everything is just so damn permanent! With so-called IRL there is no ongoing record of every dumb thing I say! Not so much on the net though . . .

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I really enjoy this place!

Eddie

Country
    Country Flag

I totally understand your feelings. I only hope that nobody would be conscientous enough to unearth everything I've said in the last six years here...

and don't miss the fun: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...me-NOMINATIONS!!!!!!

loyal follower of Tiamat kirin is on a distinguished road kirin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im honest in life and online almost to a fault but if people dont like me for me thats their issue . And we all say things we regret or whatever from time to time I hold nothing against anyone even the biggest arseholes I know because we all have that side to us if we're honest enough with ourselves to see it. And I realise lifes too short for fall outs happy to finally be over all my health issues and in a position to take a couple days off work here and there and enjoy time with the kids . How you been jean ? Because honestly life has been crapping all over me but im not bitter

Country
    Country Flag

kirin, come to the Castle, I want to know all about you in detail

Traveler Mr_Lund will become famous soon enough Mr_Lund's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Greetings Dark Tower Forum!

This is my first post, and as one shouldn't just walk into a room and start spouting off about this or that without saying hello first, neither should one join a forum without making an introduction post. If they do, they have forgotten the face of their father!

First, here are the prompted questions and their answers:

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

In 7th grade, I started reading novels once my grandfather purchased Jurassic Park for me. The 7th grade comic book reader I was was surprised how much I loved it despite no pictures! I stuck with Crichton for a few books, and then tackled my first King novel, and picked a doosy: "It". After "It", I was hooked on King for a long time and read through many of his works in high school (also finding Clive Barker, Anne Rice, and more Crichton along the way). I eventually got to The Gunslinger, and found it to be "just okay" compared to other King stories. Eventually, I picked up The Drawing of the Three, though, and instantly began to LOVE the story. I promptly picked up The Wastelands as my very next book, and was by then a Tower Junkie, pining for when part IV would be released. When it finally came out, I re-read the other three, then the fourth. I've done that "ritual" each time a new book came out until the end. Now, with the recent The Wind Through The Keyhole release, I am doing that same ritual this summer.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Very easy question. Roland, hands down. In many ways, he was the hardcase that in my heart I wanted to be as a high school boy. But, after Roland, it's Eddie Dean. He's a very realistic character, coming from drug abuse to being a man of integrity and wit. Certainly Susannah overcomes much more throughout the story, but Eddie seems more realistic and better developed, in my opinion.

What is your favorite book?

Not an easy question. This, for me, changes. The first time through the first three, it was The Wastelands. It's lengthy, and the characters do a lot in the story. Through the first four, my second time reading, it's The Drawing of the Three. You get to see how much of a tough man Roland is, and the inventiveness of Roland being within the bodies of the three is very entertaining. Now, though, having read all seven (plus the 4.5th), truly book seven, The Dark Tower, is my favorite, as I felt it had (unlike some King books) a perfect ending.

How old are you?

Born in 1980, so 33 at the time of this post.

Where are you from?

Michigan

do you have a nickname?

No.

All that being said, it's nice to be here and I'm looking forward to reading both insights and speculations from the others here. I've mostly sought this out to get some questions answered that I still have about the stories. As a disclaimer, I haven't touched any of the comic books, so like many I've already seen here, I too don't consider them canon. However, since I haven't read any of them, I don't really have the option of treating them as canon or not! I may eventually decide to pick them up.

Thanks for your time in reading this, and I look forward to learning from the posts here.

Hile gunslingers!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Mr. Lund! Please feel free to post often!

John

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to have you here, Mr. Lund!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Mr. Lund!!!!

I got married in 1980!!! 33 wonderful years (mostly)!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,

I'm Shac, originally from Israel, currently live in Nashville, TN. Started my SK collection journey few months ago and since than...well you know....hooked...

Heard about this great forum from another Israeli friend mosheprigan and since then I find myself spending more and more time around here. You guys are BIG AND FRIENDLY FAMILY. Hope to be part of it !

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Shac! Be sure to visit the Calvin's Corner collecting site--we'd love to see your collection.

John

Country
    Country Flag

... and, at the same time, don't forget that besides the Calvin's Corner, there's a lot of forums with interesting discussions about King, other books, cinema, world events, personal life, whatever! Look around and don't hesitate to unearth old threads if their content appeals to you

and, of course, don't miss this important event: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...!!!!!&p=796987

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ... and, at the same time, don't forget that besides the Calvin's Corner, there's a lot of forums with interesting discussions about King, other books, cinema, world events, personal life, whatever! Look around and don't hesitate to unearth old threads if their content appeals to you

and, of course, don't miss this important event: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...!!!!!&p=796987

Thanks Jean. Shalom to you too !

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Welcome, Shac! Be sure to visit the Calvin's Corner collecting site--we'd love to see your collection.

John
    Thank you John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 430 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 404 ... LastLast