Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 287 of 430 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    hello all...it's been a while....figured i'd reintroduce myself for those who don't remember me, since it's been damn near 2-3 years.

i am westie, and i am an alcoholic

....wait, wrong group talk. hehe
    SentWest is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome home!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm from the old guard. all these new faces! i must re-establish myself
    Don't look to hard at my face...you may go blind!!! Welcome back to the forum.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm from the old guard. all these new faces! i must re-establish myself
    I knew you'd come crawling back

Good to have you back man !

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loving the warm welcome guys/gals
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Traveler LeChuck is on a distinguished road

Hello, I'm new.

I'm 23 and from London.

I finished the DT books last Monday. I loved/hated every minute of it. And this brought me to this wonderful little forum.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
    Hello, I'm new.

I'm 23 and from London.

I finished the DT books last Monday. I loved/hated every minute of it. And this brought me to this wonderful little forum.
    Welcome! I envy you as I have yet to finish the DT series. I stopped on 4 a long time ago and haven't read much since. Life got in the way, you know.

Enjoy and have fun here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome, LeChuck!

loyal follower of Tiamat kirin is on a distinguished road kirin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME !!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kirin View Post
    WELCOME !!!
    welcome yourself

I don't see you often these days. Hope you'll stay longer this time.

Gunslinger Apprentice Captain Hollister will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all!

Been hiding in the shadows for a few weeks so thought it time to overcome my technophobia and introduce myself.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Back in the late nineties I was working my way through Kings works when I came across The Gunslinger, I must have read DTI-IV 4 or 5 times before the series was completed.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Eddie or Roland

What is your favorite book?

The Drawing Of The Three closely followed by Wizard And Glass and The Waste Lands.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Suffolk in the UK

Do you have a nickname?

No imaginative ones just Dan or Danny.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome, Dan!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Roast is on a distinguished road Roast's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Long days and pleasant nights, ye gunslingers of olde!
    It's beautiful to be back - for those who might remember/ are bonded by facebook ties, there was a time that I scoured these boards as AlishaRiley - for those who don't, I'll begin at the beginning and introduce myself.

I'd treated my peepers to Pet Semetary as a wee lassie, then discovered Carrie, The Shining and It - some years later (the tender age of 18, if my memory serves me well) I was given WOTC as a gift. I'd heard, vaguely of TDT through a band that I was pretty much in love with at the time, whose concepts had been hugely inspired by the series (Coheed and Cambria, they be), but had never gotten around to delving deeply enough to investigate it any further than that. So...I received Wolves, out of the blue, and began my little adventure from the awkward stage of 5 books in...which was...silly, but patience wasn't a virtue I was well acquainted with back then. I fell in love, of course, and decided to do a U-turn and gobble up the series from the beginning; desperately trying to erase my memory to avoid spoilers (which rarely works, although illusion is a grand thing. Indeed). And...yes...that was that. Hooked. Lined. Sunk. Living in Mid-World from thenceforth.

Who is your favourite character?
    Arg. The dreaded question. For a long time, I'd have said Eddie; although if I can jumble up the question slightly, and personify the relationship between Roland and Jake...I'd like to do do that. I also had a real thing for Rhea. Creepy old hags just seem to do it for me.

What is your favourite book?
    Emotionally speaking, the tie that I feel with Wolves is strongest; although for pure literary pleasure it'd have to be The Drawing of the Three. The digestion of that was...special.

How old are you?
    (That was easy.)

Where are you from?
    Liverpool, England, etc.

Do you have a nickname?
    Yar. Roast, Lili, various abbreviations of Alisha, anything else that seems momentarily fitting.

And...that's that.
    Nice to meet you.

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome back, and nice to meet you!!

John F. Kennedy unclelouie will become famous soon enough

Hello, all.. I am new here. So I guess Ill just get to the questions....

A friend of mine gave me a copy of the Gunslinger a while back. Said "it sucked". I thought the cover looked cool, so I took it and gave it a try. This friend wasn't a SK fan, really.. but I was... have been since the early 90s. I might well have been the only kid in my 6th grade class who owned "The Bachman Books"...

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Bear in mind, I have only read the first 3 books (Gunslinger, Drawing, and Wastelands). But so far, I'd say Eddie Dean is the most entertaining. He's such a wise ass, and his random comments make me chuckle when I read them. He is such a great foil to Roland's character. His replies to Roland's comments and his interactions with Mid World denizens are priceless at times. I also like Oy. Don't ask me why, but I think Oy is awesome... I can just picture him growling, "Ake".

What is your favorite book?
    So far, I'd say the Wastelands. I loved the Drawing of Three. Gunslinger was kinda slow (but highly necessary to set the stage for the story). I love our ka-tet of Roland, Jake, Eddie, Suze, and Oy. How old are you?

Where are you from?
    The South

do you have a nickname?
    Nope.

Oh, and somehow the age question didn't paste.... Im in my mid.... 30s....

My Mood
    Inspired

welcome, unclelouie!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome unclelouie!

And Alisha, welcome home!

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

John F. Kennedy unclelouie will become famous soon enough

Default How did you old school DT fans do it?

So I recently just finished The Waste Lands, and am now waiting on my copy of Wizard and Glass to arrive from Amazon (ordered it last week). It's probably going to arrive in a couple of days, but I am going mad here with suspense.

I know many read the books as they were released, and had wait many years to complete the story. I don't know how you managed it!

Hmmm, actually, Im not sure why I waited til my mid 30s to finally read the DT series... I've been reading SK since the early 90s. Oh well.. better late than never.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

We waited. And, at least us old timers, we hung out on the original tdt.net and speculated about what would happened and forged life long friendships with like minded people all over the world.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Hell, there wasn't even a real internet back in my day. The best we had (and, at it's best, it was very good), was alt.books.stephen-king on USENET -- but even then, many of us had been waiting for installments for a decade or more.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost threw my copy of The Waste Lands against the wall when it ended as it did. I was really frustrated! The wait for Wizard and Glass seemed endless.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 287 of 430 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 ... LastLast