Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 515 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 12872

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Just for clarification, a "newbie" is someone new to the business of collecting, and not necessarily, new to this website. Just wanted to know. I am very "new" to the site, only 3-4 months, but I am far from a new to the business of collecting. To be honest, I hate the need to label in either case.
    I fall into that same camp. I've been collecting for nearly twenty-five years (horror, small-press horror and mystery, modern 1sts, etc.) but only registered on this site a year or so ago. That's why generalizations of the "newbie" sort are not very useful, productive, or -- often -- accurate.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This was lost in the big debate, still available
    These are still for sale or trade...

Darkman s/l #103... $400
    Desperation gift, DJ has fold on the inside front flap page 524 is wrinkled, looks like the page was wrinkled during printing it's not folded-$50
    Talisman /Blackhouse grant gift set- $100
    DT7 slipcase from collector - $25

Offers welcome, PM me with any offers / trades.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Well that was all very interesting.
    Nothing like a heated discussion to liven up an otherwise boring day.
    You not much for mincing words are you RT?

Back on track:
    Trades and offers welcome:

Dan Simmons Abominable 1st 1st signed and dated - 30 plus shipping
    Neil Gaiman Oceans at the end of the Lane flatsigned - 25 plus shipping
    Justin Cronin The Twelve signed and dated with custom slipcase and provenance = 60 plus shipping
    The Twelve signed and dated without slipcase = 30 plus shipping
    reality continues to ruin my life

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I agree, not ALL new collectors buy and then sell quickly. But the evidence is there, that most do.
    Evidence? Most? Care to back that up?
    Or better yet, just drop it already. MRT you've helped me on several occasions with properly price estimating a book that greatly helped out with expensive purchases. I have three of those books sitting on my shelf.

You are better than this.

And for folks feeling a need to prove their 'worth' - the day I feel a need to justify how and when I buy or sell a book is the last day I'll come onto this site. An us and them division is the quickest way to make this place obsolete which would be a tragedy.

Well stated, McD!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Have some Grant gift books that I will let go for less than issue price...
    • Desperation (25% off)
    • The Little Sisters of Eluria #1629/400 (10% off)
    • The Wind Through the Keyhole (15% off)

If purchase all three, comes with free shipping..
    Also, will consider trades..
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a few book I would like to trade for a S/L of interest... I have Gift Edition Joyland, Sec of Dreams Vol 1 and 2, Riding the bullet gift, blockade Billy (without the card)... All fine... If interested in buying let me know. Thanks all
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

For sale:
    - UK Signed Limited Doctor Sleep. Still in shrink wrap, brand new. $650
    - UK Signed Limited WTTK. Number 69 (might be desirable number for someone). $550. Opened but in perfect condition.

Actual shipping. Paypal gift, or as normal paypal plus fees associated with that. Books will ship from New Zealand.

Will consider offers if someone wants to buy both...

Cheers
    James

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have since sent him a email and apologized and to let him know I have not just disappeared. Cheers, kris
    I feel I need to post and let everyone know Kris did in fact Email me with an explanation of what happened. I should have worked this out off boards and given him a chance. I'm a better person than that.

The below isn't directed at Kris at all, just an explanation of how the frustration reached the point it did:

If I can help someones collection out, I try to do so. Over the past few months I've contacted new members who seem to be looking for books (since I've been collecting King since 1980 I have a few extras in Room 217). I've spent time taking pictures, putting prices together, etc. The member at first seems very interested, starts asking about discounts for adding more books, etc. and....out of nowhere....all communications stop. Nothing...nada....the person just simply disappears. This has happened five times in the past 3 months. I understand things happen, eye's bigger than bank account, wife threatens, etc. but please just have the etiquette to say, sorry, something has come up and I need to wait. I truly respect that. Shoot, I've had to do that myself on these boards.

Lesson I've learned over the past few days......."crap happens to good people and I could be the next person it happens too. Instead of posting negative, I need to post well wishes and hope things work out for our member, it doesn't matter if they are new or have been here since the opening day of thedarktower.org

Hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving and uses the day to reflect on the blessings. I know I have a ton of blessing to be thankful for myself.

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have since sent him a email and apologized and to let him know I have not just disappeared. Cheers, kris
    I feel I need to post and let everyone know Kris did in fact Email me with an explanation of what happened. I should have worked this out off boards and given him a chance. I'm a better person than that.

The below isn't directed at Kris at all, just an explanation of how the frustration reached the point it did:

If I can help someones collection out, I try to do so. Over the past few months I've contacted new members who seem to be looking for books (since I've been collecting King since 1980 I have a few extras in Room 217). I've spent time taking pictures, putting prices together, etc. The member at first seems very interested, starts asking about discounts for adding more books, etc. and....out of nowhere....all communications stop. Nothing...nada....the person just simply disappears. This has happened five times in the past 3 months. I understand things happen, eye's bigger than bank account, wife threatens, etc. but please just have the etiquette to say, sorry, something has come up and I need to wait. I truly respect that. Shoot, I've had to do that myself on these boards.

Lesson I've learned over the past few days......."crap happens to good people and I could be the next person it happens too. Instead of posting negative, I need to post well wishes and hope things work out for our member, it doesn't matter if they are new or have been here since the opening day of thedarktower.org

Hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving and uses the day to reflect on the blessings. I know I have a ton of blessing to be thankful for myself.

Ralph Mulleins
    Ralph, thanks for posting this. I really appreciate it. I can assure everyone on this site I may be new but I am a serious collector and look forward to many more dealings with Ralph and hopefully others here!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all my US Dart Tower friends out there!!!! Cheers, kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Just asking about availability of a book, or even pictures, is no big deal of course. Nobody owes anybody anything just for sending an email.

To me, though, once a buyer offers a price, and that price is accepted, I think there's an implicit understanding that a deal is in place - NOT a legal deal, but a moral deal. So if you say "how about $250 including shipping?" and the seller says, "yeah, that works," that's sort of a deal. If I was a seller, I would think the person is serious and is ready to buy the book.

You can still back out, obviously, but the buyer does owe the seller an explanation at that point. Cause why did you make an offer that you were not ready to commit to? What was the point?

Or at least be up front that you're just budgeting - "I could maybe do it for $250, but I'm not sure? Would that price work? Now or in the future?"

If everyone went by that standard, it would be fine. But tirekicking belongs in the first email...once you get into price-haggling, you're (the general 'you,' not a specific person) wasting people's time if you're not for real.

(this is why I don't post stuff here...ebay removes the personal nature, and keeps it to an all-business transaction)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent thoughts. A template for the way things should be handled.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey gang,
    I have four S/L copies of the Shining coming (one for me, and two for other collectors here who have me trying to get a matching number to their Doctor Sleep editions). I am willing to try for one more matching edition. I want to be honest though, I will not set a price yet. I will want to see what the ebay market is like at the time. I will try not to kill anyone, nor will I hold anyone hostage, but I will certainly pass on any ebay savings - I love to screw ebay. Two buyers here have already dealt with me in this manner. Let me know and I will begin the ground work with Sub Press. Keep in mind though, there can be no promises - I am at the decisions of Sub Press. Please send me a message via the site rather than posting here. I hope the community is fine with my approach to this. I do have an extra Doctor Sleep and two extra copies of The Dark Man is someone is interested in making an offer. People who know me here, and on ebay, know that I am an honorable seller.
    Best, Greg

Country
    Country Flag

Joyland Gift (sealed) - $120
    Secretary Vol 1 & 2 Gift (Sealed) - $300
    Riding the Bullet Gift (sealed) - $100
    Blockaide Billy Gift - $30
    ALL FINE/FINE

Anyone interested I will use Pay Pal "pay for goods and services" since I am new here thus you would be totally protected if the books are not the condition I say or never come etc. I will package carefully. Not adverse to a trade... looking for a few S/L's... let me know what you have. thanks
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Waiting for the first appearances and anthologies...

Also, I might be able to help you out with some of those Chrictons you posted about. I'll be making my rounds this weekend.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Selling:

THE TALISMAN S/L also signed this year by BERNIE WRIGHTSON. $500 PPAL Gift.

The Dark Tower S/L

DT 3 S/L
    DT 4 S/L
    DT 5-LSOE S/L (these are matching #101)

Message with offers if interested in the Dark Tower S/L.

Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I let a friend borrow my 1st edition HC of Stephen King's Doctor Sleep, and he spilled wine all over it. Sigh...

Does anyone have an extra 1st edition US trade hard cover of Doctor Sleep they would be willing to sell me?

Thanks!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

D'oh! Forgot to say: I will pay via paypal gift.

Thanks!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    I let a friend borrow my 1st edition HC of Stephen King's Doctor Sleep, and he spilled wine all over it. Sigh...

Does anyone have an extra 1st edition US trade hard cover of Doctor Sleep they would be willing to sell me?

Thanks!
    Friends never let friends borrow books. That's what libraries are for. Sorry about that. Is it hard to find in your area? They are at nearly every store around here.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Thanks!
    Friends never let friends borrow books. That's what libraries are for. Sorry about that. Is it hard to find in your area? They are at nearly every store around here.
    Wise words! I learned my lesson.

Not hard to find in my area. I checked here first to see if anyone had any extras they wanted to get off of.
    WANTED:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Thanks!
    Wise words! I learned my lesson.

Not hard to find in my area. I checked here first to see if anyone had any extras they wanted to get off of.
    Just called Wally World and my local bookstore and they are out! I'm surprised. So, unless someone has a copy here they would like to sell, I'm off to eBay land.

Thanks!
    WANTED:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Check your in box
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Merlin! I just sent you a PM as well.

Again, thank you so much, my friend!
    WANTED:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And BOOM!

I'll be the proud owner of Doctor Sleep--again--soon!

Thanks, Bill! You, sir, rock!
    WANTED:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shush, not so loud!!! LOL before you know it I'll get a reputation of being a nice guy rather than the ass that I make everyone believe I am.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OK,

It has been nine days since I've heard from the user Jud Crandell in regards to a trade for his gift edition of IT.

I have sent him multiple emails--mainly to make sure he's okay--and haven't heard back from him.

I just sent him another PM and an email instructing him to contact me tomorrow if he still wants to do the trade.

If I don't hear back from him by tomorrow, then I will be looking to do a trade for a gift edition of IT from CD. I think nine days is more than enough time, my friends.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks!
    WANTED:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 515 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast