Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 515 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 12874

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Please send me your best offer. Thank you.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think that Shirley Sonderegger signed that letter. What do the experts think?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I think that Shirley Sonderegger signed that letter.
    I, too, think that that letter is secretarial signed.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Agreed. The SK/ss on the bottom does indicate that the letter is from his secretary.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1/5/14: AKC SALE!!!!!

- S/L Green Mile (Remarqued PC Copy - Like New): $1,000
    - S/L Firestarter (#624 - Like New): $1,100

Payment via Paypal Gift

Shipping in the US $20.00 Insured/Priority......INTL shipping actual

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Agreed. The SK/ss on the bottom does indicate that the letter is from his secretary.

I would say so, but what about the signing? Didnt Bev once said that his office had a machine to reproduce his signature? therefore the letter could have been typed by his secretary and the signature done by this machine?
    Just a random thought
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

No, I never said anything like that. Often secretaries produce letters and leave them for the boss to sign. Or they might sign them. Who knows?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy, I think you are referring to an auto-pen. I have never heard that King has used one. Michael Crichton once used one to sign thousands of copies of a book quite a while ago. I think it was a gift, illustrated edition of Jurassic Park or something. It created quite a lot of negative feedback from collectors and he said it was a big mistake on his part to use it.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well ... that sucks. I'll of course go with the opinion of the experts, but in my own defense, with the exception of the n loop around thing at the end of "Stephen," doesn't that signature look a lot like the rest of these?

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...nt&redirect=no

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Well ... that sucks. I'll of course go with the opinion of the experts, but in my own defense, with the exception of the n loop around thing at the end of "Stephen," doesn't that signature look a lot like the rest of these?

It resembles them but that is the idea of a secretarial signature. In most cases no one cares if a letter is signed by a secretary or not. It is just more convenient.

One of my "needful things" is a team signed baseball by the 1961 New York Yankees. I've seen a few but on most the sigs of Mantle and Maris are "clubhouse signatures" signed by someone else. You have to get an authenticating service to tell the difference most times and we know how error prone those services can be. I'll probably never own one just because of that.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It resembles them but that is the idea of a secretarial signature. In most cases no one cares if a letter is signed by a secretary or not. It is just more convenient.

One of my "needful things" is a team signed baseball by the 1961 New York Yankees. I've seen a few but on most the sigs of Mantle and Maris are "clubhouse signatures" signed by someone else. You have to get an authenticating service to tell the difference most times and we know how error prone those services can be. I'll probably never own one just because of that.
    I knew there was a reason why I liked you so much, Bob! LOL

Spoiler:
    BTW, I have a team signed 1998 Yankee's ball that, Lee Mazzilli obtained for me. He took it to each player for a signature. That team had a few stars as well! LOL That '61 team had what? 3 HOF ers? (Ford, Mantle & Berra). '98 should produce at least 2 (Jeter & Rivera)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeremy, I think you are referring to an auto-pen. I have never heard that King has used one. Michael Crichton once used one to sign thousands of copies of a book quite a while ago. I think it was a gift, illustrated edition of Jurassic Park or something. It created quite a lot of negative feedback from collectors and he said it was a big mistake on his part to use it.
    Yep, that is true. I thought that you mentionned that at some point King was using it, but I may be wrong.
    My other opinion on this letter is that it had been typed by King's secretary and signed by him.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    My other opinion on this letter is that it had been typed by King's secretary and signed by him.
    It was almost surely typed by Shirley Sonderegger after being dictated by King. I think that is what the "SK/ss" notation means. I don't know who signed it but I am pretty certain it wasn't King.

While the practice of secretaries signing letters is pretty common across the business world I don't recall seeing it before in letters from King's office. I have seen many letters signed by King and this is the first one I can recall that was signed by someone else. It may have some value just because it seems to be an oddity.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

The lowercase letters on a business letter indicate the TYPIST of the letter and do not necessarily indicate who performed the actual signature.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SOLD!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

SOLD!!!!!!

Grumble, grumble, grumble
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

SKELETON CREW - Lettered "I"

$3100 via Paypal gift (preferably; we'll work it out) - includes insured US shipping.

Includes the poster. Is in fine condition. Email for pix!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to publicly thank and promote Matt (Lot Guy) following a recent purchase from him. A very honourable gentleman who ensured a happy transaction. Cheers Matt!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know it is after Xmas but I am really wanting to sell my DK #576 set... So I am going to make a deal. The first 2 books are in fine/near fine shape and 1st/1st. They are NOT signed and Drawing is fine and Gunslinger is has only a hint of shelf wear. I have lots of pictures if you would like to have me send some to you. The last books right through to Wind are all matching #576 and ensures the right to any future ones in that number. They are all fine in fine slip cases. I also have a Desperation #576 if someone would like that as well. You can go through David at Bett's if you like so you will feel safe with a purchase this large. I am prepared to sell the whole lot for $5000. This is a very fair price and I will even include shipping! Add Desperation for only $250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only reason I am doing this is cause I am VERY close to paying off my new set. Thanks guys and I hope someone out there has some cash right after the holidays... PM me for more info. kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

John F. Kennedy k9 mommy is on a distinguished road k9 mommy's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default ~~~~Dr.Sleep~~~~ Reduced~~~~~

~ NEW PRICE: SIGNED DOCTOR SLEEP ~
    ~ WILL CONSIDER TRADES ~

I have a few Doctor Sleep from PEN Canada Oct.24 2013 for sale $300.00 + shipping
    Will include copy of tickets and brochure. First 4 buyers will have the actual brochure.

email me for photos of the signing and for the books: suzannewalt@rogers.com

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I know it is after Xmas but I am really wanting to sell my DK #576 set... So I am going to make a deal. The first 2 books are in fine/near fine shape and 1st/1st. They are NOT signed and Drawing is fine and Gunslinger is has only a hint of shelf wear. I have lots of pictures if you would like to have me send some to you. The last books right through to Wind are all matching #576 and ensures the right to any future ones in that number. They are all fine in fine slip cases. I also have a Desperation #576 if someone would like that as well. You can go through David at Bett's if you like so you will feel safe with a purchase this large. I am prepared to sell the whole lot for $5000. This is a very fair price and I will even include shipping! Add Desperation for only $250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only reason I am doing this is cause I am VERY close to paying off my new set. Thanks guys and I hope someone out there has some cash right after the holidays... PM me for more info. kris
    Hi Kris..
    I did a calculation on selling your set for $5000 based on the low/high prices from The Collector website. I certainly agree you have a very fair price at $5000. Based on the distribution equity of the books, you are selling the TWTTKH for less than $800. The total set is only 81% of the listed low sell of the books. This does not include the free gift that you offered. You probably could get more for your set by breaking them up and selling separately. . best of luck

Book Issue Low Avg High Purchase % Cost
    DT2 100 $1,200 $1,40 $1,600 20.22% $1,010.83
    DT3 UNK $600 $700 $800 10.11% $505.42
    DT4 UNK $900 $1,000 $1,100 14.44% $722.02
    DT5 200 $550 $600 $650 8.66% $433.21
    DT6 175 $650 $700 $750 10.11% $505.42
    DT7 225 $650 $700 $750 10.11% $505.42
    LSOE 300 S650 $725 $800 10.47% $523.47
    TWTTKH 350 $950 $1100 $1250 15.88% $794.22
    Total $6,150 $6,925 $7,700 100.00% $5,000.00

Sorry the spaces are missing...
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

RIC, unless I'm reading it wrong, I think you're about $1,000 off.

His DT2 isn't an S/L.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hi Kris..
    I did a calculation on selling your set for $5000 based on the low/high prices from The Collector website. I certainly agree you have a very fair price at $5000. Based on the distribution equity of the books, you are selling the TWTTKH for less than $800. The total set is only 81% of the listed low sell of the books. This does not include the free gift that you offered. You probably could get more for your set by breaking them up and selling separately. . best of luck

Book Issue Low Avg High Purchase % Cost
    DT2 100 $1,200 $1,40 $1,600 20.22% $1,010.83
    DT3 UNK $600 $700 $800 10.11% $505.42
    DT4 UNK $900 $1,000 $1,100 14.44% $722.02
    DT5 200 $550 $600 $650 8.66% $433.21
    DT6 175 $650 $700 $750 10.11% $505.42
    DT7 225 $650 $700 $750 10.11% $505.42
    LSOE 300 S650 $725 $800 10.47% $523.47
    TWTTKH 350 $950 $1100 $1250 15.88% $794.22
    Total $6,150 $6,925 $7,700 100.00% $5,000.00

Sorry the spaces are missing...
    Those prices for DT5, 6, 7 and LSOE seem a lot higher than actual market prices have been recently.
    LSOE and DT 7 in particular can easily be had in the $300 to 350 range. (obviously matching numbers will bump the prices up a bit).

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think the price ranges in the descriptions on the collector's site have been updated in a long time.
    He usually has an ebay history chart with more recent pricing.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

RIC, unless I'm reading it wrong, I think you're about $1,000 off.

His DT2 isn't an S/L.
    Shannon.. the spreadsheet is based on all of them being S/Ls.. I did not pickup on the description w/DT2 not S/L, so you are correct. The sheet is off, so I attached revised figures without DT2. This places the set as being 100% of low The Collector estimates. May not as good of a deal as I first thought, but still not real bad.

Book__Issue______Low_______Avg______High____purcha se %_____Cost
    DT3____________$600_______$700_____$800_____12.67% _____$633.48
    DT4____________$900_____ $1,000____$1,100____18.10%_____ $904.98
    DT5__200_______$550_______$600_____$650_____10.86% _____$542.99
    DT6__175_______$650_______$700_____$750_____12.67% _____$633.48
    DT7__225_______$650_______$700_____$750_____12.67% _____$633.48
    LSOE_300_______$650_______$725_____$800_____13.12% _____$656.11
    TWTTKH_350____$950______$1100____$1250_____19.91%_ ____$995.48
    Total_________ $4,950______$5,525___$6,100_____100.00%___$5,000.0 0
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that some of The Collectors esitmates (even at the low end) seem to be a bit high for V through VII. But you have to remember that while books 1 and 2 aren't S/L's, they are still included and so $5k is a fair deal IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 515 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast