Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 515 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 12874

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    You can always sell them now, and if the "bug" bites you again in the future, you can always rebuild your collection.

Please take into account the fact I am interested in several of your titles, so I may not be the best person to tender advice.

For that very reason, I have deleted two posts I had responding to agrabins plight, same advice, but let me have first dibs at... :-)

Agrabin, if you do decide to sell, please please please keep hold of those that feel special to you, the ones you do reach for first when you are browsing through them.

And as in the case of Sir B, you don't have to give them away, and they may stay on your nice bookshelves a little longer, and your feelings may change.

Hope you keep them.

Except for the one I'm pm ing you about now j/k

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can always sell them now, and if the "bug" bites you again in the future, you can always rebuild your collection.

Please take into account the fact I am interested in several of your titles, so I may not be the best person to tender advice.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

With regards to the last part of that post by Shaq....
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think most of us have felt the same at one time or another. I had a decent proof collection (at least, for a noob like me) with some pretty scarce titles and I sold most of them pretty much on a whim because I felt I needed to get some other books instead, and I felt some frustration about proof collecting in general. I do admit that it allowed me to buy stuff like a UK CARRIE 1st but I'm still a bit sad that I let some of those proofs go. I'm rebuilding the proof collection as we speak.

I was also on the verge of selling my pre-CARRIE publications recently because I wanted to help a family member out financially, but I'm glad I didn't need to in the end.

What I do think is that simply allowing the idea of selling to enter your mind, and to truly let the idea of letting go sink in, will give you a new and fresh perspective on your books. You will either look at the collection with renewed interest and freshness or you will sell your stuff and be at peace with it (so it's a win-win situation). But yeah, like the others said, take your time.

Country
    Country Flag

Agrabin, if you do decide to sell, please please please keep hold of those that feel special to you, the ones you do reach for first when you are browsing through them.

And as in the case of Sir B, you don't have to give them away, and they may stay on your nice bookshelves a little longer, and your feelings may change.

Hope you keep them.

Thanks.

If I sell, there are some I will definitely keep. Surprisingly maybe, not necessarily the 'best' or most desirable to others. For example - I bought books from a guy in England some time ago who was a bit strapped for cash. He was great to deal with and I took some that, to be honest, I wasn't really fussed on. One I did get, however was a King signed Desperation Gift Edition in a slipcase. That really is a gorgeous book and one of my favourites. I also feel that I would be letting him down somehow by selling it on.

Except for the one I'm pm ing you about now j/k

I like your style...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I think most of us have felt the same at one time or another. I had a decent proof collection (at least, for a noob like me) with some pretty scarce titles and I sold most of them pretty much on a whim because I felt I needed to get some other books instead, and I felt some frustration about proof collecting in general. I do admit that it allowed me to buy stuff like a UK CARRIE 1st but I'm still a bit sad that I let some of those proofs go. I'm rebuilding the proof collection as we speak.

I was also on the verge of selling my pre-CARRIE publications recently because I wanted to help a family member out financially, but I'm glad I didn't need to in the end.

What I do think is that simply allowing the idea of selling to enter your mind, and to truly let the idea of letting go sink in, will give you a new and fresh perspective on your books. You will either look at the collection with renewed interest and freshness or you will sell your stuff and be at peace with it (so it's a win-win situation). But yeah, like the others said, take your time.

Thanks Michael. Your advice is well received.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Burn them all! Arrrrrgggggghhhh

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems like too much trouble for him to go to. He should promptly mail them to me for "burning".

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The following rules are immediately in effect:
    • The Collectible Classifieds thread is not to be used for a debate about whether or not to sell an item or a collection.
    • The Collectible Classifieds thread is intended to notify members of a personal sale(s). This thread is not to advertise the sale of other people's books-just you the member selling an item or two.
    • Whining, maudlin posts, and or pleading are strictly forbidden.
    • Sell or buy; but no crying. There are other threads to lament.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

For sale:

Matching # Talisman S/L and Black House S/L $950 plus shipping.

Secretary of Dreams Volume 2 S/L $325 plus shipping.

Your purchase of either gets a $50 donation in YOUR NAME to the 2012 HAVEN FOUNDATION FUNDRAISER.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

• The Collectible Classifieds thread is not to be used for a debate about whether or not to sell an item or a collection.
    • The Collectible Classifieds thread is intended to notify members of a personal sale(s). This thread is not to advertise the sale of other people's books-just you the member selling an item or two.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he's just saying that our entire conversation could have and probably should have taken place elsewhere and that this thread should strictly be for buying and selling. We have other threads for discussion. We also have other threads for showing sales by others and this one should be reserved only for a personal sale and posts directly related to that personal sale. I can kinda' see the point and I am guilty my self of setting us off topic. Enough off topic discussion and we might not even see a sale because of it.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I think he's just saying that our entire conversation could have and probably should have taken place elsewhere and that this thread should strictly be for buying and selling. We have other threads for discussion. We also have other threads for showing sales by others and this one should be reserved only for a personal sale and posts directly related to that personal sale. I can kinda' see the point and I am guilty my self of setting us off topic. Enough off topic discussion and we might not even see a sale because of it.
    Of course he's right as are you...I didn't think it through I suppose. My apologies to all.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just for future reference, where is the thread for people wanting to post a sale for a friend or whatever? I have seen some really good deals posted by forum members for others wanting to sell their books.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would reccomend this:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Auctions-Sales

or prerhaps this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rk-Tower-Items

These should cover most sales. Even if it's not precisely an auction I don't think anyone will complain.

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Good point, RF!! And fwiw I believe my "Directorship" has netted us "The Sicilian Mob" and an Air Force to enforce this very mandate. That being said, Anyone have a "Skeleton Crew S/L" for sale at a bargain price?

Merlin/Director out!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would reccomend this:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Auctions-Sales

or prerhaps this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rk-Tower-Items

These should cover most sales. Even if it's not precisely an auction I don't think anyone will complain.
    Thanks!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I need to make room on the bookshelves and decided that the few UK editions I have Im going to part with. I had thought I would collect all the UK editions as well as the US but I dont have the bookshelf space (nor the funds) to be that much of a completist and would rather focus on signed editions.
    Make an offer if you see something interesting. I will ship out of the US but buyer pays actual shipping costs:

Bag of Bones
    Blackhouse
    Cell
    Christine
    Cujo - Price Clipped
    Danse Macabre Softcover
    Dark Tower V: Wolves of Calla
    Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
    Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower

Delores Claiborne Trade - 14.99 on DJ
    Dreamcatcher
    Eyes of the dragon
    Firestarter
    Four Past Midnight
    From a Buick 8
    Full Dark No Stars UK edition

Geralds Game Trade
    Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

Misery
    Needful Things - 15.99 on DJ
    Pet Semitary
    Regulators
    Rose Madder 2nd state

Tommyknockers Price Clipped
    Under the Dome S/L SIGNED

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The Talisman/Black House Gift Edition from grant number 1225 F/F - 160
    Mayhap a tad expensive.
    These are still available from Grant at $150
    https://secure.grantbooks.com/manage...it=Add+to+Cart

Ebay $82 BIN
    And Betts just sold one for $75

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    The Talisman/Black House Gift Edition from grant number 1225 F/F - 160
    Mayhap a tad expensive.
    These are still available from Grant at $150
    https://secure.grantbooks.com/manage...it=Add+to+Cart

Ebay $82 BIN
    And Betts just sold one for $75
    i agree the prices all seem a little high. just trying to help.

Banned Thelangoleer will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine

Yeah they are 150 from Grant PLUS shipping - Betts just sold one for 75 that was nearly 1000 higher than mine and the ebay buy it now is also 2000 higher than mine. I understand you are all trying to help and I appreciate the advice. I will definitely take it under consideration.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, I guess the prices may be a bit more on par if they are including shipping. Any chance that includes international shipping?
    Gotta realise that the number may not be a factor in price for many collectors though...

My Mood
    Fine

I figured I would offer this here for any potential Harry Potter Fans

Full set of First Edition First Printings (including sorcerer's Stone). Also included is the collectors edition of Sorcerer's Stone, Collectors Edition of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and Collectors Edition of Deathly Hallows. Also included - Tales of Beedle the Bard Collectors Edition in Publishers Shrink wrap and the first trade edition/printing of beedle the bard. Lastly, a RARE uk Large print (here in the US generally those arent too rare but only about 1,000 of these were produced for libraries and schools) Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone first edition, first printing.
    You will NOT find a more complete set of US harry potter books anywhere.

Asking 3,100 for everything (the first book alone generally sells for well over 2,500) or best offers - no book clubs, no terrible conditions. Books 2-7 are in F/F condition. Book one is in a Fine Dj, and book is in NF condition. ALL OFFERS WELCOME (reasonable lol)

My Mood
    Fine

S/L Gunslinger audio still in shrink wrap F/F condition - $230

Country
    Country Flag

I have one extra uk s/l TWTTKH that I may want to sell....so, just to throw that out there in case someone didnt get a copy.

Extra info---its from HATCHARDS

May be interested in trade as well ( if you have an extra grant s/l DT V....for example )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 515 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast