Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: carlosdetweiller

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I keep checking he'll post some weirdo esoteric collectible he's been tracking down and trapping for decades that not even King knew existed.

(What a terrible sentence.)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dear Santa,
    I have been very good this year (so mummy and daddy tell me). They have told me to write my christmas list and send it to you.

This year I would very much like to go and live at Mr Detweillers house, he has a very nice basement full of wonderful books. I promise not to touch ANY of them (especially when I have been eating sweets) but it would be nice to just sit in the room and look at the pretty books. This will make me smile.

Best wishes to you and all of your elves,

SG
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread - for a Stephen King fan - is Mecca.

Along the Path of the Beam ozmosis7 will become famous soon enough ozmosis7's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

This is an amazing collection... [mouth agape]

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just had an opportunity to browse through this thread... I am still in utter shock. I cannot believe what I am seeing.... I can only hope one day I have a collection even half this... wow. Wow. WOW!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You just had your first dose of vitamin D(etweiller), huh? It's like a rite of passage for collectors.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    You just had your first dose of vitamin D(etweiller), huh? It's like a rite of passage for collectors.
    I did man... I was trying to zoom in. Like when he mentions the Firestarter S/L... I think he has like 4 or 5 of them!!!!! Shocked....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Firestarter was King's first S/L - it's not only signed but also dated (over a period of four days I think). I assume Bob has a copy from each day.

Country
    Country Flag

Firestarter was King's first S/L - it's not only signed but also dated (over a period of four days I think). I assume Bob has a copy from each day.
    ARE YOU serious? Wow... I wish he would post more pics. There is nothing for awhile now.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob - If you ever get a chance, can you take some close-ups of your Anne Rice case? And do you have the BE Trice limiteds?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhhhhhh. Mecca

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell YES! New pics Bob please!!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Bob - If you ever get a chance, can you take some close-ups of your Anne Rice case? And do you have the BE Trice limiteds?
    Thanks, all, for the nice comments. Becca, here are photos of my Rice shelves. I used to collect her works in some depth but have become much less interested in her later writing. Maybe the new Lestat book will rekindle some interest.

Shelf 1 - Early US editions and proofs.

Shelf 2 - Continuation of US editions and proofs

Shelf 3 - More US books and the start of the early UK editions and proofs. I don't have any UK proof prior to Queen of the Damned.

Shelf 4 - More UK editions and proofs.

Shelf 5 - Limiteds. Ultramarine and B. E. Trice.

I've got a few more upstairs. The Easton Press and maybe a couple of other editions but nothing earth shattering. I really liked collecting Rice for a long time. I still think The Vampire Lestat is one of my top 10 all time favorite books.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You never cease to amaze, Bob!!! Elegant and awesome!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Bob.
    I still kind of regret selling most of my Anne Rice limiteds.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    In Michael Collings' earlier bibliography he listed a magazine called NEW BERN MAGAZINE that published "The Cat From Hell" in 1984. I have long looked for a copy with no luck. In researching the story I found in Brooks' newer bibliography that the magazine published only Phil Bowie's winning story in serial fashion in two consecutive issues (March and April, 1984). I still would like to find copies but am sort of relieved to know that I am not missing a real King appearance.
    I was sent a photocopy of the New Bern piece from the editor a few years ago. I sent it to Justin and I don't remember being a Phil Bowie version.. Either way I'll have to figure out where I put it and scan it for you.
    John

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Bob,I have just been looking at your pics.. would it be possible (if you have time) sometime to post some close ups of your SK Limited's and Lettered's? I can't see them well enough on my screen and they look amazing!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hi Bob,I have just been looking at your pics.. would it be possible (if you have time) sometime to post some close ups of your SK Limited's and Lettered's? I can't see them well enough on my screen and they look amazing!!!
    OK. Thanks for the comments! Give me a couple of days. I should have time this weekend.

Country
    Country Flag

PUMPED! And I bet there will be a lot of others here excited too Thanks very much!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Once Bob retires I will ask him to post close-up pics of every bookshelf in his library. No need to take out every book or magazine, just a clear pic of the spines would be enough (I'm easy to please).

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting the Anne Rice books for me. I always loved the UK covers better than US but I only ever purchased a few of them. Something else for me to obsess about - LOL!

I only have the BE Trice Memnoch limited... are the darker ones lettered editions? (Ditto with the others?)

I only have the BE Trice Memnoch limited... are the darker ones lettered editions? (Ditto with the others?)
    The first book of each title is lettered; followed by larger limitation numbers. In the case of Memnoch Trice did three different limited states.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, can you elaborate on the Memnoch states (lettered, limited, gift?)... I've never opened mine. Guess I should.

Country
    Country Flag

Once Bob retires I will ask him to post close-up pics of every bookshelf in his library. No need to take out every book or magazine, just a clear pic of the spines would be enough (I'm easy to please).
    lol I would love that too. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, can you elaborate on the Memnoch states (lettered, limited, gift?)... I've never opened mine. Guess I should.
    I believe the three states are limited, deluxe limited and lettered.

The BE Trice editions are pretty nice, although I think they are really just nice bindings and materials on a trade edition book block. Plus the signature page tipped in of course.
    Mark Twain

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast