Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Bookcases

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really a stunning room !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Topo77 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Finally I have finished my new house and my new home library. So I can show you the final product

Did you build them yourself or did you have someone come in a do them? My second favorite hobby is wood working so now that I have started looking at buying a house this really peaked my interest.
    Very great craftsmanship. Extremely Jealous!

Now you just need the ability to add some doors to the top shelf for the REALLY rare books that should be protested.
    Also one note if you have not already but I would add some UV film to that window so you do not fade the books and figures. Congrats again!

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!!
    P2

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful room! The best part is the empty shelf space waiting to be filled
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Absolutely amazing, I love it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to see some close ups of those books - collection thread!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! The cases with the figures are great. And I'd second what Becca said about close ups.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing display!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Along the Path of the Beam Topo77 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    There are a lot of books there toppo! Nice! Question: What type of figures are those in the case?
    There are figures from the Assassins Creed ( I'm a fan of the series ) then there are some from Game of a Thrones my best book series and some Iron Man statues. Yes I know it is a geek thing but I can't help it

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Finally I have finished my new house and my new home library. So I can show you the final product

Did you build them yourself or did you have someone come in a do them? My second favorite hobby is wood working so now that I have started looking at buying a house this really peaked my interest.
    Very great craftsmanship. Extremely Jealous!

Now you just need the ability to add some doors to the top shelf for the REALLY rare books that should be protested.
    Also one note if you have not already but I would add some UV film to that window so you do not fade the books and figures. Congrats again!
    The bookcases where made by my friend who is usually making kitchens but this time he made an exception and done it for me. The project was mine idea. I order the the wood that is walnut and then he constructed it. When he finished he told me that is the best thing that he done till now
    Regarding the doors there is no need because the room has air filtration system with ionisation and also humidity control system ( and dehumidify system if there is to much humidity but should not be a problem because the house has a perfect thermal isolation ) so in the room is a fresh air like in mountains without dust.
    I'm a perfectionist and people tell me that is scary how do I care for my books
    Regarding the windows there is also a system that regulate "transmittance" of the solar light. When the solar light is full on the window the system close the blinds so there is no light on the books.
    When I took the photos I opened the blinds for the natural light.
    But I already ordered the UV film and must mount it to be 100 % sure there won't be any damage
    So this is it.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Beautiful room! The best part is the empty shelf space waiting to be filled
    Yes you are right Becca and I can't wait to fill them
    But then comes another problem I will have to build another library and my wife will kill me
    I will do some close photos of the shelves.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa, very nice!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    There are a lot of books there toppo! Nice! Question: What type of figures are those in the case?
    There are figures from the Assassins Creed ( I'm a fan of the series ) then there are some from Game of a Thrones my best book series and some Iron Man statues. Yes I know it is a geek thing but I can't help it
    I thought some were AC....love those. Thought the others were Berserk. I have none, but always was fascinated with some of the fantasy figurines. Alas, I can't collect everything lol.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

That room's incredible! Well done.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

bugensbooks.com

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! I want to take a nap amongst the books in that comfy-looking chair in your library.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Thanks for sharing pictures and congratulations on the house and the room

While i've incorporated a collection into my home office/entertainment area, you have a room that looks like pure entertainment and relaxation to me.

After seeing your setup, i'm sitting at my desk trying to figure out how to incorporate shelves into my office if i mount my tv on the wall and put shelves up to ceiling (10'h) on either side. Anyway, great setup!
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Took a door off to re-stain it, but I stored it instead and built a simple bookcase in its place so most of my King paperbacks could be in the same area:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice set up! I dig the Eastons too!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome set up - what's housed in that centre cabinet? (right of photo)

Those are my Philip Jose Farmer books.

And a lousy picture of my 1st/1st ENDER'S GAME

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice digs!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha!!! That Minnion
    P2

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Based on the love for the Ikea Billy Bookcases I saw in this thread a while back I picked this little diddy up a few weeks ago. I finally managed to get the room ready for it and hope to put it together this weekend.

Anyone who have bought the Billy series before have any tips or things to watch out for before I start?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I have in my office if you look in my collection thread at the end. The hardest part is the corner piece. I recommend keeping all shelves out of the cases until you get them all up. you will have to move them around a lot until you get that corner perfect. Also if you are putting them on carpet I recommend not doing the top screws into the wall until the end. they will slowly sink with the weight of the books and push down in to the carpet padding causing the top to pull down on tat screw and you will have to adjust it again. Other than that they are a sold set that I think look great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast