Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The *declining* Stephen King Market

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayPhish View Post
    I agree that the recent Danse Macabre from Stu was underpriced. I was curious whether that was because the books were on consignment. I purchased my copy from Stu for $3k a few years ago. I know the market isn't that strong but when a book is being sold for half the value I'm very skeptical. Nothing on his site mentions condition. I certainly would not let my copy go for less than $2500 and that's already a $500 loss. Congratulations to whomever purchased it though; a 'steal' at that price.
    I confirmed that the condition was fine/fine with a fine glassine dj before buying it. I think it is the rarest of the King lettered editions.
    Not to steer too much off topic but, does having the original glassine matters that much in your purchasing decision?. As far as I know it could be purchased from Gaylord or Brodart and can be easily cut into exact sizes. It has a tendency to yellow unattractively with age and I am considering replacing them with new glassine.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It mattered in mine, and I bought the regular s/l....it does yellow, but it is still part of the book.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Not to steer too much off topic but, does having the original glassine matters that much in your purchasing decision?. As far as I know it could be purchased from Gaylord or Brodart and can be easily cut into exact sizes. It has a tendency to yellow unattractively with age and I am considering replacing them with new glassine.
    It does matter to me. I am a stickler for originals. I even dislike the practice of switching dust jackets on books to upgrade (although I have done that myself a few times). To me a yellowed, frayed (but original) glassine dj is better than a new one using replacement materials.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Theres one book that I think is an oddity in all this - the S/L of the Waste Lands.

Right now they're going for $300- $400, and I think even in this market thats WAY below value. Six months ago I sold one for $700, five months ago I bought one for $650. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but theres a guy on eBay that seems to have a never ending supply of them - probably a dozen in the last three months hes auctioned off. I'm pretty sure that seller is the cause of such low prices for that particular book.

Thoughts?
    I've noticed this and I'm trying to pick one up as a filler until my number emerges someday!
    I just got one for $305. I guess that's pretty good, although it will be interesting what his remaining stock goes for. He's got yet another one up for bids right now.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It is not declining in all areas. Stu at Betts put up a collection of lettered editions this weekend and over half are already gone. Wow!
    And the other half have now been reduced in price.

I just captured The Green Mile lettered for $500 less than the issue price.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Default Green Mile Illustration

Hopefully you'll get a nice illustration in your traycase for Green Mile. Let us know how it is.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This is the illustration...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I would have though The Dark Tower series would hold its value, but this same number signed/limited set of 10 books went for...

£3100

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=360154280444

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't that just indicate someone got a REALLY good deal?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I would have though The Dark Tower series would hold its value, but this same number signed/limited set of 10 books went for...

£3100

I would say the seller was in a hurry to sell. The offer he accepted was much lower than his asking price or "Buy It Now" price.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yah I don't think its really an indication of market value when someone in desperate need of cash accepts a bad offer.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just curious what you guys would value a 2nd printing Gunslinger with a cracked binding at?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

£3100

I would say the seller was in a hurry to sell. The offer he accepted was much lower than his asking price or "Buy It Now" price.
    I'm glad sellers are in a hurry to sell. The Colorado Kid # 5/33 at Betts has just been reduced by $250. Couldn't resist it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The market for proofs is strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The market for proofs is strong.
    I know. I'm selling them.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Proofs still seem to be strong. Also, we seem to have more international interest.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes.

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely

Country
    Country Flag

Betts have had a lot of full collections on sale this year. Every one of these is a collector less.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, but it's one collector maybe replaced by numerous new collectors buying off the seperate parts.

Still, other than brief surges, the market has shown little staying power.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Responding to earlier posts, Make no mistake, when the "Master" passes prices will skyrocket. It is just the way of the world. BTW, as King has it set-up now we will most likely be getting novels from him for many years to come, ala Tupac!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, prices will skyrocket, but that's kinda' not real. I expect the first week or so you'll see ridiculous prices and people being stupid and paying them, but it'll level off shortly after that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

The Big Book of Necon Signed/Limied 1/350. CD Issue price $350

This has only recently been issued. Normally the first ones for sale command a high price.

The first one I've seen on ebay sold for $108.05

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item23175a23de

The second one I've seen sold for $70.18

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-BOOK-NEC...item19cb502c26

The original Necon papeback with the first printing of this story only made £100

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Necon-XX-200...item35b7b4ed28

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

People just don't have the money anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast