Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 891 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 587 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 22252

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The books are on track to begin shipping October 15th.
    Does this include the signed/numbered and the signed/lettered editions, or just the trade?
    The Gift Edition and the Signed/Numbered will be shipping at the same time.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the clarification Brian.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Any updates on traycased Ronald Kelly books and Tim Lebbon's Map of Moments?

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Any updates on traycased Ronald Kelly books and Tim Lebbon's Map of Moments?
    The Lettered Editions of Midnight Grinding and Hell Hollow are part of our next phase of production this fall and winter. We have hired a second traycase maker, which is definitely going to help!

The Map of Moments is basically ready for the printer, with the exception of the DJ, which the designer is still working on. (This is an outside designer, not one of our usual suspects, and he's also creating the artwork.) We won't be officially announcing the book until all of that work is done, even though it's no secret we're publishing the book, just because we don't want to take preorders until we're 100% sure of the pub date and we can't be sure of that right now. Once the DJ is completed, we'll send the book to the printer and plan the announcement.

Thanks for asking!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Are there any updates on The Century's Best Horror Fiction?

Will we be seeing this one shipped out this year also?

Thanks!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Brian,

Thanks!
    My original hope had been to ship The Century's Best Horror Fiction at the end of the year -- seemed like a great way to cap off a great year -- but this past spring UPS lost the signature sheets for the Lettered Edition as they were headed to the last author.

We've been rushing like crazy this summer (and now fall) to get the new sheets signed as quickly as possible. All of the available Non-US authors have now signed (we start overseas because that's where the odds are usually the highest something will go wrong in transit!) and the sheets are out on the west coast right now, working their way back east.

We're working with the authors to keep the sheets moving, and if we can keep the schedule we planned, we should have them back and ready for the printer in December. So now I'm hoping to end the year with the announcement that both volumes are at the printer!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Brian,

Thanks!
    My original hope had been to ship The Century's Best Horror Fiction at the end of the year -- seemed like a great way to cap off a great year -- but this past spring UPS lost the signature sheets for the Lettered Edition as they were headed to the last author.

We've been rushing like crazy this summer (and now fall) to get the new sheets signed as quickly as possible. All of the available Non-US authors have now signed (we start overseas because that's where the odds are usually the highest something will go wrong in transit!) and the sheets are out on the west coast right now, working their way back east.

We're working with the authors to keep the sheets moving, and if we can keep the schedule we planned, we should have them back and ready for the printer in December. So now I'm hoping to end the year with the announcement that both volumes are at the printer!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    That's great to hear. I have been looking forward to this one for a while.

Thanks for the update!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is Amazon is going to actually have copies of SOD 2 for sale, or is it just listed on their website along with every other future, new book?

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Is Amazon is going to actually have copies of SOD 2 for sale, or is it just listed on their website along with every other future, new book?
    That's a great question and the answer is: we will not be supplying copies of SOD 2 to Amazon.

Amazon lists pretty much every book with an ISBN, whether or not they can get it. Their system just pulls from Bowker's "Books in Print" database, I think.

For SOD 1, Amazon tried to order around 2,000 copies, I believe. It's been a while, so I don't recall the exact number, but I do remember it easily would have put the book out of print on publication.

Amazon takes such a big discount that many small presses simply can't afford to do business with them because the press would lose money on every copy Amazon sells, and that's just not a viable option for a very small business. Any cash flow is great, of course, and Amazon can provide that, but at the end of the day, it's hard to build your business in that situation. (As always, I speak from my own experience here and I am not speaking on behalf of any other publisher. Everyone has their own approach to the business!)

So the short answer is: nope, we won't be sending any copies to Amazon. Thanks for asking!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for all the recent, solid updates, Brian.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the direct information, Brian. Gotta get my order into CD tonight :-)

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One more Brian...

Any progress on The Prince of Dreams, your edition of the book about Neil Gaiman?

Thanks for your updates, very nice to be kept up to date on these projects

Karl

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Well, I actually feel the opposite...I think a lot of original purchasers are probably not that serious collectors anymore, and will probably sell right away.

But, $400's still a good price...it is a good set of sigs, and that's probably close to what the secondary market will bear.
    I keep hearing this phrase "serious collector" What exactly does this mean? Does "serious collector" mean people who spend a lot of money ($400) on books? Does it mean people who collect every book an author (Stephen King) ever wrote? Does it mean a person who buys books signed by famous authors?
    webster's dictionary:
    serious collector- see carlos detweiller, aka.Bob from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    One more Brian...

Any progress on The Prince of Dreams, your edition of the book about Neil Gaiman?

Thanks for your updates, very nice to be kept up to date on these projects

Karl
    Hi Karl!

Everything is done with the exception of Steve Bissette's exclusive art gallery and his cover artwork. He's been working on the project for a long time, so I'm sure the art is going to be spectacular. Hopefully his schedule will allow him to finish everything soon. We're very much looking forward to completing this one! It's going to be a beautiful edition.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I sure appreciate you coming out here and filling everyone in. Very cool to read it from the source.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Please pardon my confusion, and I'm sure I've asked this question before, but -

How many different states are there of The Secretary of Dreams Volume 1, and what would be a fair price to pay for them?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

ARC, "Gift" (trade) edition (5000 copies), signed numbered (750 copies) and a lettered edition that hasn't yet been published. I can't remember how many copies of it were scheduled. I'm not sure on pricing, either.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    ARC, "Gift" (trade) edition (5000 copies), signed numbered (750 copies) and a lettered edition that hasn't yet been published. I can't remember how many copies of it were scheduled.
    Yep, those counts are correct!

Published in three states:
    * Slipcased Hardcover Gift Edition of only 5,000 copies
    * Signed and Traycased Hardcover Limited Edition of only 750 copies bound in leather with a satin ribbon page marker
    * Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 copies, bound in fine materials with gilded page edges, a satin ribbon page marker, and protected in a massive deluxe traycase

The Lettered Edition did finally ship. Here are some photos if anyone is interested:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/...sod1-lettered/

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Brian, for the correction. I didn't order a lettered, so I really didn't keep track of it.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think $450 give or take has been the going rate for the SOD I s/l...maybe a little less?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep hearing this phrase "serious collector" What exactly does this mean?
    A 'serious collector' is someone who never smiles-until they receive something other 'serious collector's' want but either have not, or may never obtain.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

I keep hearing this phrase "serious collector" What exactly does this mean?
    A 'serious collector' is someone who never smiles-until they receive something other 'serious collector's' want but either have not, or may never obtain.

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I think $450 give or take has been the going rate for the SOD I s/l...maybe a little less?

The only ones I've seen lately are in the $650 to $750 range, or much higher. Abebooks has one for over $2300 and one for $750, but that seller opened the book ALL THE WAY to photograph the signature. I NEVER crack my books open that far. I like keeping the spine nice and tight and brand new, and will open them just enough to read them or check the signature if there is one. But that's just me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The last 2 copies of Signed/Numbered SoD I sold at Betts for $325. I would expect them to sell for less on ebay.
    The last 2 copies of Signed/Lettered SoD I sold on ebay for the issue price of $1500.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I paid about $300 for the numbered from an eBay seller about 6 months ago. I've bought a few books from him over the past year and he usually gives me some good deals. We do it off e-bay so he avoids the fees. Win win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 891 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 587 ... LastLast