Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 646 of 890 FirstFirst ... 146 546 596 636 644 645 646 647 648 656 696 746 ... LastLast
Results 16,126 to 16,150 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pfff, I dont collect all limited/gift edition because simply not enough space / financial ressources, but I wonder if this is the right choice :p
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I would like to go on record and say that I saw nothing amiss in RC65's post; it struck me as a simple factual statement that made its point and that's it.

FWIW, if someone were to criticize CD for trying to drum up profit, I too would find that offensive, but I didn't get a whiff of that in this post.

And while I agree with this...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    Why fly off the handle rather than asking the poster to clarify his statement?
    I think this...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    I've neg rep'd RF.
    ...was a bit strong - I believe RF was coming from the right place (defending CD) and that his misread of RC65's post was an honest mistake.
    Perhaps there was a misinterpretation. That being said; it's been my experience that when people preface a statement by "Don't take offense..." or "Not to be crass..." that the person says something offensive and or crass. Not every time, but often.

My post stands for itself. I was a bit defensive of the folks at CD who received the "extra" gross sales revenue for the book.

I also appreciate the fact that members disagree with what I said in response.

It's also very cool to see people engage in a civil conversation.

The site allows a person to give negative reputation; and although I disagree with having received the neg rep, it would be weak of me to strike out at the act (delete the neg rep, send neg rep back etc.) because of my position here.

Thanks to everyone for the comments that agree with me, and more thanks to those that disagree for stating so.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I can't decide if this is crassly defensive or defensively crass.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Perhaps there was a misinterpretation. That being said; it's been my experience that when people preface a statement by "Don't take offense..." or "Not to be crass..." that the person says something offensive and or crass. Not every time, but often.

My post stands for itself. I was a bit defensive of the folks at CD who received the "extra" gross sales revenue for the book.

The site allows a person to give negative reputation; and although I disagree with having received the neg rep, it would be weak of me to strike out at the act (delete the neg rep, send neg rep back etc.) because of my position here.

Thanks to everyone for the comments that agree with me, and more thanks to those that disagree for stating so.
    To echo RF’s comment, I also appreciate the positive rep comments and the supportive comments in this thread, and the kind words I’ve received on- and off-line regarding the matter. It’s nice to see a community support one another and, as well, for some to be able to see an issue differently but remain respectful and not argumentative. While the whole situation has been for me more puzzling than anything else, it’s also been an affirmation of the friendly folks that the horror / fantastic-fiction genre seems to attract.

Randall runs a fine ship here – as evidenced by the large degree of participation by the membership in an era where other such genre forums struggle against an overwhelming tide of other forms of social media and subsequent membership depletion – and this experience has certainly not tempered my enjoyment of TDT.org. I appreciate RF’s time and effort making TDT.org what it is, and I look forward to remaining a contributing member for many years to come.

As a last note, since RF alludes to it above, I will say that my only purpose for introducing my post with the word “crass” was not a reflection on who/how/why was being paid (other than my benign inference that perhaps it was a father rightly watching out for his son), but rather simply because I was offering up the pragmatic subject of money in reply to another poster who wondered why the limitation was higher than 500...money, as opposed to the usual esoteric and subjective issues of art, production quality, and all the other small-press minutia that we all love to discuss while not dwelling on the fact that a signed/limited collectable is fundamentally a consumer product like any other. And, yes, a discussion of money over art in public will almost always be a bit crass.

Money and religion: two things best not discussed in public…reminder noted, lesson learned.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

To echo RF’s comment, I also appreciate the positive rep comments and the supportive comments in this thread, and the kind words I’ve received on- and off-line regarding the matter. It’s nice to see a community support one another and, as well, for some to be able to see an issue differently but remain respectful and not argumentative. While the whole situation has been for me more puzzling than anything else, it’s also been an affirmation of the friendly folks that the horror / fantastic-fiction genre seems to attract.

Randall runs a fine ship here – as evidenced by the large degree of participation by the membership in an era where other such genre forums struggle against an overwhelming tide of other forms of social media and subsequent membership depletion – and this experience has certainly not tempered my enjoyment of TDT.org. I appreciate RF’s time and effort making TDT.org what it is, and I look forward to remaining a contributing member for many years to come.

As a last note, since RF alludes to it above, I will say that my only purpose for introducing my post with the word “crass” was not a reflection on who/how/why was being paid (other than my benign inference that perhaps it was a father rightly watching out for his son), but rather simply because I was offering up the pragmatic subject of money in reply to another poster who wondered why the limitation was higher than 500...money, as opposed to the usual esoteric and subjective issues of art, production quality, and all the other small-press minutia that we all love to discuss while not dwelling on the fact that a signed/limited collectable is fundamentally a consumer product like any other. And, yes, a discussion of money over art in public will almost always be a bit crass.

Money and religion: two things best not discussed in public…reminder noted, lesson learned.
    Well well written post brother. Rf's too. Very nice to read such classy dialogue between two people. Cheers to both of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

DID HE JUST SAY TOW PEOPLE?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    DID HE JUST SAY TOW PEOPLE?
    Man your an idiot.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

THE SHINING production update going out today:

We are still right on track to have finished slipcases and traycases by the end of May, and we thought you might like to see a photo of the “approval traycase” they sent us for confirmation of the materials, etc. In addition, our very first finished copy of the Artist Limited Edition book is in the case, so you can see the cover artwork and how all of the colors play off each other.

Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes...that works.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

We are still right on track to have finished slipcases and traycases by the end of May, and we thought you might like to see a photo of the “approval traycase” they sent us for confirmation of the materials, etc. In addition, our very first finished copy of the Artist Limited Edition book is in the case, so you can see the cover artwork and how all of the colors play off each other.

That looks phenomenal! Great job!

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks amazing!

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweeeeet!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is going to be an amazing product!!!!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That cover art is absolutely stunning in that traycase.....gorgeous work by Don and the CD team!

Wish I knew where the original was.....

Oh, wait....

😀

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    That cover art is absolutely stunning in that traycase.....gorgeous work by Don and the CD team!

Wish I knew where the original was.....

Oh, wait....

😀
    ME too! I think that person is very very LUCKY!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful! This is going to be one helluva gorgeous book. I can't wait to see what remarques I get too!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shiver me timbers! Just look at all that gold color! A sight for this seadog's eyes that be. Arrrrrr!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks amazing. Looking forward to holding it in my clammy wee hands!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All this constructive and polite discourse is making me ill!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    All this constructive and polite discourse is making me ill!!!!
    Funny. But I can't help but contribute once again. This might be my favorite DustJacket. I mean, ugh why is that first light busted. That hallway is too dark. This edition sucks.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the Salem's Artist edition was going to be hard to beat, but man I like this one so much and I LOVE the yellow interior. What color is the lettering on the traycase? Please say it is yellow!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    I thought the Salem's Artist edition was going to be hard to beat, but man I like this one so much and I LOVE the yellow interior. What color is the lettering on the traycase? Please say it is yellow!
    Looks like gold (yellow) and red. from what I can see on the DJ spine. I think they match those, right?

WTB:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

That is an awesome illustration, for sure!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 646 of 890 FirstFirst ... 146 546 596 636 644 645 646 647 648 656 696 746 ... LastLast