Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 890 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 481 881 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Brian,

Any chance we will be reading October Dreams II gift edition this October?!
    Looking more like December. The last proofreader's corrections were lost in the mail, so we're just now delivering the final files to the printer and they've been taking up to 8 weeks to print lately.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I also have a question Brian.. any updates on Carrie's production?
    Slipcases are done, but the printer is SLOW, and I haven't wrangled a ship date out of them yet. That said, the printer is about to have thousands of slipcases land on their loading dock because I couldn't leave them sit at the slipcase maker's office, so maybe that will motivate them to pick up the pace! We'll email the customers who ordered CARRIE when we actually have a delivery date from the printer.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Brian,

Looking more like December. The last proofreader's corrections were lost in the mail, so we're just now delivering the final files to the printer and they've been taking up to 8 weeks to print lately.

Brian

Do you have to change the name of the book to December Dreams? and will that slow everything down again with the name change and printer files? I am glad i am not in the publishing business. On another note: Maybe you should delete all my previous orders that shipped on the website, i did a simple calculation based on past orders and realized i spent way too much on books from Cemetery Dance!

Thanks again for my awesome grab bag!!! I requested and received and awesome IT proof. please send me a Carrie proof! if i was thinking i would of asked for that tooooo!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I also have a question Brian.. any updates on Carrie's production?
    Slipcases are done, but the printer is SLOW, and I haven't wrangled a ship date out of them yet. That said, the printer is about to have thousands of slipcases land on their loading dock because I couldn't leave them sit at the slipcase maker's office, so maybe that will motivate them to pick up the pace! We'll email the customers who ordered CARRIE when we actually have a delivery date from the printer.

Brian
    Thanks Brian... pumped to see how it turns out
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Brian,

Brian

Do you have to change the name of the book to December Dreams? and will that slow everything down again with the name change and printer files? I am glad i am not in the publishing business. On another note: Maybe you should delete all my previous orders that shipped on the website, i did a simple calculation based on past orders and realized i spent way too much on books from Cemetery Dance!

Thanks again for my awesome grab bag!!! I requested and received and awesome IT proof. please send me a Carrie proof! if i was thinking i would of asked for that tooooo!!!!
    It could still be in October only of next year. LOl. Sometimes I think it would be faster to hire some monks to transcribe these books by hand. It seems to take longer to publish than to write them. They look great though when they finally show. Often as a surprise since I have sometimes long forgotten even ordering them.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Sometimes I think it would be faster to hire some monks to transcribe these books by hand. It seems to take longer to publish than to write them.
    An odd complaint about a book that was announced in August and will be published within four months of being announced, ha!

Brian

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes I think it would be faster to hire some monks to transcribe these books by hand. It seems to take longer to publish than to write them.
    An odd complaint about a book that was announced in August and will be published within four months of being announced, ha!

Brian
    Not really a complaint since I'm familiar with the frequent delays. But I don't think it is unreasonable to perhaps expect a Halloween themed book to be released closer to Halloween than X-mas.

Brian
    Not really a complaint since I'm familiar with the frequent delays. But I don't think it is unreasonable to perhaps expect a Halloween themed book to be released closer to Halloween than X-mas.
    Well, considering this was originally planned as an October 2015 title, but the material came together faster than we expected, think of it as being 10 months early.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Well, considering this was originally planned as an October 2015 title, but the material came together faster than we expected, think of it as being 10 months early.
    Now that is a positive spin if I ever heard one. Maybe you should consider packing it with an orange ribbon that says DO NOT OPEN until OCTOBER 31st 2015

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Now that is a positive spin if I ever heard one. Maybe you should consider packing it with an orange ribbon that says DO NOT OPEN until OCTOBER 31st 2015
    I like how you think!

Here's how a corporate drone would spin a December pub date:

We're on the bleeding edge of Christmas counter programing using our corporate values to think outside the box to leverage the lack of Halloween themed books in the December marketplace to push our sales to the next level.

Here's how things work in the small press:

Rich and Bob realized there was a chance we could publish the trade hardcover this year instead of having to wait for next Halloween, so we took the chance that some people would complain about the book not coming out at Halloween if we couldn't get it out by this Halloween. A lot of our customers love Halloween stuff all year round, so we figured most wouldn't care about the timing in the long run.

Ultimately, we just hope that readers will be pleased with the book, whenever they have a chance to pick up a copy!

Brian

X-mas.
    By the way, I don't know if there are any other Futurama fans here, but whenever I see "X-Mas," I think of this:

Brian

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

X-mas.
    By the way, I don't know if there are any other Futurama fans here, but whenever I see "X-Mas," I think of this:

Brian
    Funny, I think of this!!

Spoiler:

"It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year"!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Funny, I think of this!!
    HA!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Is "Gone Girl" completely sold out?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Yep, it sold out pretty quickly, I think.

Brian

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From CD's twitter, yesterday :
    "Be sure to follow @RichardChizmar for a cool @StephenKing related announcement coming on Halloween (no, NOT a book announcement this time!)"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    From CD's twitter, yesterday :
    "Be sure to follow @RichardChizmar for a cool @StephenKing related announcement coming on Halloween (no, NOT a book announcement this time!)"
    That would be sweet!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    Just arrived:

Scan shows front page (on left) and title page (on right); the black borders were added by me.
    Stephen King

CARRIE
    Cemetery Dance, 2014.
    229 + xii pp. Inter-office unbound proof of the forthcoming limited edition, this marked "1st Proof" to pages. Unbound, 8.5 x 11" laser or xerox duplex printed. Near-fine with light handling and trace edgewear.
    Bumped.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just arrived:

Scan shows front page (on left) and title page (on right); the black borders were added by me.
    Stephen King

CARRIE
    Cemetery Dance, 2014.
    229 + xii pp. Inter-office unbound proof of the forthcoming limited edition, this marked "1st Proof" to pages. Unbound, 8.5 x 11" laser or xerox duplex printed. Near-fine with light handling and trace edgewear.
    Bumped.
    Thanks!

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just picked up a numbered copy of Smoke & Mirrors on the secondary market. What a classy looking production!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Just picked up a numbered copy of Smoke & Mirrors on the secondary market. What a classy looking production!!
    How do the stories look? I've considered picking up a copy, but wasn't sure that format was my style.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    How do the stories look? I've considered picking up a copy, but wasn't sure that format was my style.
    I've only really glanced through it so far but the screenplay format looks quite interesting and William Peter Blatty's film premise - Hell Hospital - looks good too.

The materials in Smoke & Mirrors are reproductions of the actual scripts, manuscripts, etc, from each author. Some have little handwritten corrections, etc. The formatting varies based on the type of material and the author's style preferences. All typos and errors are included as-is since these were direct scans of the material. Some people really liked how authentic the experience is -- it's like having that author's document right in front of you -- and some people would have preferred everything to be to cleaned up. Totally no wrong answer on that preference! But I do like seeing the material the way the author created it.

Brian

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered me one of those snazzy "Revival cases for my soon to be signed book!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 890 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 481 881 ... LastLast