Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 890 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 769 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am trying to put together a list of books I have on order and am wondering if from this grab bag "two of your books (SHIVERS VII and COLD COMFORTS) have been announced and the other two will be announced this summer" the other two have been announced and I might have missed it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I am trying to put together a list of books I have on order and am wondering if from this grab bag "two of your books (SHIVERS VII and COLD COMFORTS) have been announced and the other two will be announced this summer" the other two have been announced and I might have missed it? Thanks.
    You are correct, they have not yet been announced!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Booklist review, CD! Happy for you!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Nice Booklist review, CD! Happy for you!
    Thank you!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

I'm looking for some feedback from our collectors about artwork portfolios. For those of you who didn't see the one we made for IT, here are some photos:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/201...ork-portfolio/

That was obviously based on the one I made for Blockade Billy for LRB:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/photo...lockade-billy/

I really liked how the IT project turned out, but the accountant probably would have killed me if Richard would have allowed him because the actual portfolios came in at twice the allotted budget before a piece of artwork was even printed or the artists were paid. Oops!

Those of you who own the IT Artwork Portfolio, do you like the actual portfolio? To do something similar in the future, we would have to charge more to make the math work.

We could also do something less elaborate and price it LOWER. Perhaps a glossy folder with two pockets, no ribbon closure, and 8.5 X 11 artwork instead of 11 X 14. This would be simpler and more affordable, but still a nice presentation.

One thing I'm pretty set on: for future portfolios, there will be at least a few additional pieces of artwork that did NOT appear in the book.

Thoughts? Feedback?

Best,
    Brian

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I would keep it the same quality - I wouldnt mind paying slightly more for high quality work.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that the quality is important, even if the price is a little more - how much more we talking?

I would also hope you would allow people to get the matching number - Mindy was great with me on my copy of IT.

On a side note, I may have missed this, but are the Vinny Chong remarques for Doctor Sleep going to be bound in the books, or just tipped in? I was hoping for bound in the book.

Thanks for asking Brian, and I'm glad to see you stick up for yourself/Cemetery Dance in The Shining blog - keep up the fine work.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heh so today I saw a brown package at the door and got excited, thinking it was The Dark Man, and turned out to be something my brother ordered from Amazon...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My concern about a glossy folder with no clasp is the risk of art pieces sliding out partially and possibly getting damaged. I try to be careful, but you never know. I prefer a full enclosure for peace of mind.

My IT portfolio is a beautiful thing.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I would prefer something affordable but without losing too much quality.
    Having additional pieces that were not included in the book is an excellent idea!
    If a choice between the two I would be happy with less elaborate presentation but more art work

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We could also do something less elaborate and price it LOWER. Perhaps a glossy folder with two pockets, no ribbon closure, and 8.5 X 11 artwork instead of 11 X 14. This would be simpler and more affordable, but still a nice presentation.

One thing I'm pretty set on: for future portfolios, there will be at least a few additional pieces of artwork that did NOT appear in the book.
    Thoughts? Feedback?
    Best,
    Brian
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with TN. Please keep doing the artist signature sheets, too. Those are a nice touch.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I absolutely love the IT artwork portfolio, the presentation is the perfect compliment to the Limited and Lettered Editions of the 25th anniversary IT (particularly as you were able to number match the book and the portfolio).

I'd rather pay a little more for any similar presentations in limited editions that you guys may choose to release in the future - the books themselves are productions of superior quality, and I feel that any accompanying art portfolio should reflect these values.

As my mate Patrick states below "IT is a beautiful thing"

Oh, yeah, and extra pieces, not included in the book, are always a good thing - and definitely retain the artists signature page.
    We all float down here!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the case for the IT portfolio (which was the first one I ever purchased). I would hope to see something available along the same lines.

I also really like the idea of additional pieces not in the book, and agree with above comments: Keep the artist signature page - that was really cool.

The only concern I had was can you provide some nice white gloves with the next one you do, to stop my fingers leaving oil marks on the art pieces lol....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I too love my IT portfolio and wouldn't mind paying extra for similar quality in future.

Thanks for all of the quick replies about artwork portfolios! We had narrowed down our thoughts for these next two, but I just wanted some general feedback to see if we were headed in the right direction. My general thought process is that *I* would always like something to be higher quality, even if it means higher price and fewer sales, but it's good to get feedback that other collectors feel that way, too. I'm trying to find a way to produce something VERY similar in quality that can have the same price without the accountant hating me, but we have to see what our vendors can work out with the material companies. Thanks again!

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Thanks for all of the quick replies about artwork portfolios! We had narrowed down our thoughts for these next two, but I just wanted some general feedback to see if we were headed in the right direction. My general thought process is that *I* would always like something to be higher quality, even if it means higher price and fewer sales, but it's good to get feedback that other collectors feel that way, too. I'm trying to find a way to produce something VERY similar in quality that can have the same price without the accountant hating me, but we have to see what our vendors can work out with the material companies. Thanks again!

Brian
    Thank you - it is great that you ask for opinions. CD has excellent quality that is worth paying for.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

Brian

Thank you - it is great that you ask for opinions. CD has excellent quality that is worth paying for.
    I'll second that opinion. Great job, CD!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If the "IT" portfolio was 50% more, I think it would have sold out. If the author wasn't King related, it would be difficult to sell at >$100.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If the "IT" portfolio was 50% more, I think it would have sold out. If the author wasn't King related, it would be difficult to sell at >$100.
    I think this is a very accurate assessment of the marketplace.

Brian

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't mind paying more for a King porfolio, but also it'd be fine with me to have a portfolio of smaller images (more of the size of The Wastelands, for example) for the same price as IT Porfolio.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Have you ever given any thought to an art book?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooo good idea. Something like Knowing Darkness, but for the horror genre as a whole, as opposed to just King....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

And smaller, with artwork from CD book exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    From time to time! Not sure if it'll ever happen, but we do talk about the idea.

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think this is a very accurate assessment of the marketplace.

Brian
    If it's King, go all out. Most other authors, hesitate or truncate. Even a Joe Hill original novel wouldn't sell 500 portfolios @$100 each.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 890 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 769 ... LastLast