Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 890 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 357 757 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Interesting information, hard to believe they would ship that way knowing how careless shippers are with packages.
    To the New York publishers, the books are so disposable it doesn't matter. If a bunch of them get damaged, they just go on the remaindered pile. It's kind of the opposite of how small presses look at their books since we have a specific, limited print run to deal with.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Interesting information, hard to believe they would ship that way knowing how careless shippers are with packages.
    To the New York publishers, the books are so disposable it doesn't matter. If a bunch of them get damaged, they just go on the remaindered pile. It's kind of the opposite of how small presses look at their books since we have a specific, limited print run to deal with.

Brian
    Actually, that makes a lot of sense from their point of view, I suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Brian
    Actually, that makes a lot of sense from their point of view, I suppose.
    Yep, the labor involved to re-DJ a book, etc, probably isn't worth the profit margins, even on a $25 hardcover.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I shipped a package via USPS Media mail. it wasn't an exspensive book but I had written fragile! & do not crush all over the box! So the postal clerk asked me what was in the box? I let him know it was a book, and he had this look on his face, that very clearly said why did you labels book a fragile? I let him know that books are fragile, and I don't mind it taking a little longer to get there but I want it ti arrive in the same condition it was in when it left my hands. I know this was a little off topic. However the point is if you tell shippers that the package is books, there seems to be this attitude that they're just books they can' get messed up.

Ken

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like kids and textbooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    I shipped a package via USPS Media mail. it wasn't an exspensive book but I had written fragile! & do not crush all over the box! So the postal clerk asked me what was in the box? I let him know it was a book, and he had this look on his face, that very clearly said why did you labels book a fragile? I let him know that books are fragile, and I don't mind it taking a little longer to get there but I want it ti arrive in the same condition it was in when it left my hands. I know this was a little off topic. However the point is if you tell shippers that the package is books, there seems to be this attitude that they're just books they can' get messed up.

Ken

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Some people just don't understand!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think that you (we) can have them stamp "do not bend," "do not crush," "fragile, handle with care," etc. all over any package or envelope that we send but ultimately it will leave human hands and be on conveyer belts and/or other automated sorting and moving devices. Then it is treated like any other package that doesn't have such stamps on it. Crushing, bending, etc. is then out of human control. At least that is what I think happens. I have never worked in the business myself.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think that you (we) can have them stamp "do not bend," "do not crush," "fragile, handle with care," etc. all over any package or envelope that we send but ultimately it will leave human hands and be on conveyer belts and/or other automated sorting and moving devices. Then it is treated like any other package that doesn't have such stamps on it. Crushing, bending, etc. is then out of human control. At least that is what I think happens. I have never worked in the business myself.
    Yea that's pretty much happens. I had a part time job years ago at fed-ex and the word "fragile" didn't mean anything to anyone that worked there.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Humans still get a chance:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIsfBBx0GOs

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    o

Yea that's pretty much happens. I had a part time job years ago at fed-ex and the word "fragile" didn't mean anything to anyone that worked there.
    I had a part time job delivering for the USPS awhile back, and the fragile do not crush seems to make some difference, not a lot but some.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Ha, I remember seeing that video somewhere!

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Photos of the proof/Arcs for The Dark Man are up on Brain James Freeman's website:
    http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/

We're down to our last 50 copies of World War Z, so it will sell out pre-publication:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/brooksm01

Brian

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

The lettered edition takes long. How many are left there?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    6 copies.

Brian

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian James Freeman is a very nice man by the way. In case anyone didn't already know that.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Brian James Freeman is a very nice man by the way. In case anyone didn't already know that.
    He is definitely my favorite person right now

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CD impresses me soo much.

Always responds immediately and always helpful! Very cool outfit.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    6 copies.

Brian
    I ordered one at the first or second day after announcement and i am really looking forward to it!
    6 copies and the film is presented in London today... shouldnt be long to sell those handful and one finger copies...

Yes CD is very very very good. The only criticism i have is, that they are not located in Germany... and they have no private airline that can bring their books to me cheap!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

ETA on signed I Travel by Night?

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    ETA on signed I Travel by Night?
    I know our copies are on the way, but let me check!

Brian

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Very soon. They are here, but Dave is on vacation this week so it is only me shipping orders in the back. I'd say they should ship early next week.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

June 11th huh?

What the hell?!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let the speculation begin. Any contest for this one like with The Dark Man?

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    June 11th huh?

What the hell?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 890 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 357 757 ... LastLast