Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 890 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 650 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Love the pictures of the warehouse. Will love an updated photo when it's empty again!

Might be pushing my luck, but any chance you could post a photo of the art portfolio case when you post your next update? Or is a prototype not really an example of the finished product?

Thanks guys!
    The portfolio case has already been approved and returned, and it wasn't the "final" material -- due to the cost of the material -- so I wouldn't have wanted to post a photo anyway. We've learned to be very careful about posting photos of unfinished projects or prototypes with substitute materials because it causes confusion and false memories. But as soon as they send me the first finished one off the line, we'll post some photos so you can see how it turned out!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    I posted the full wrap cover artwork for GIDEON'S CORPSE by Preston/Child on my blog in case anyone wants to see it:

If you click on the image on my blog, there's a much larger version if you want to see more detail!

Brian
    Brian you you be doing a signed limited print run of this like you did with The Passage?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the updates, Brian and Dan.

That GIDEON'S CORPSE artwork is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    I posted the full wrap cover artwork for GIDEON'S CORPSE by Preston/Child on my blog in case anyone wants to see it:

If you click on the image on my blog, there's a much larger version if you want to see more detail!

Brian
    Brian you you be doing a signed limited print run of this like you did with The Passage?
    Maybe... I would like to, but we are having "mixed" results when it comes to the shipping process from Croatia to the US. Still trying to figure out a better method. The last prints were in rougher shape than we would have liked.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my Bram Stoker "Dracula" and my camera is in NY, but this is one truly legendary edition. Take my word for it. Way to go CD!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just got my Bram Stoker "Dracula" and my camera is in NY, but this is one truly legendary edition. Take my word for it. Way to go CD!!!!!!
    I think you mean "Way to go Kings Way Press" as it's their book we just sold some copies for them.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I think you mean "Way to go Kings Way Press" as it's their book we just sold some copies for them.
    Nah, I prefer to think of it as a CD publication, You guys Rock!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, earlier he congratulated y'all in another thread for a Sub Press book y'all made.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Default Lettered Editions

I had a chance to get a Lettered Edition of IT but to me the basic difference in the Lettered and the Numbered Edition is the Lettered Edition comes in a "Fancy Box". I know they're only 52 copies but $1500.00 for a "Fancy Box" is just to much. There's not that much difference between the Lettered and the Numbered Editions in my humble opinion.
    I could be wrong but still.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I had a chance to get a Lettered Edition of IT but to me the basic difference in the Lettered and the Numbered Edition is the Lettered Edition comes in a "Fancy Box". I know they're only 52 copies but $1500.00 for a "Fancy Box" is just to much. There's not that much difference between the Lettered and the Numbered Editions in my humble opinion.
    I could be wrong but still.
    I personally think the differences between the lettered and limited editions of our editions of King books, are something that's hard to explain. It's just something that when you see the two next to each other and can touch and feel both editions and look at the fine details you can see where the money is going. On a side note, the silver guiding on the IT lettered edition book looks fantastic. I'm sure Brian will post some pictures of it when we get a traycase.

Country
    Country Flag

Dan all I am saying is I would rather see the money that was spent on the "fancy" traycase be spent to make the book that much more special and different from the S/L edition. I would have gotten it if I knew that would have been the case but I know yall think the "fancy traycase" is what makes them different and special.

On a different note, we've posted the final cover artwork for The Dropper by Ron McLarty:

Stephen King had this to say about the book:

“Ron McLarty, who has proven himself a terrific storyteller in such books as The Memory of Running and Traveler, has outdone himself with The Dropper, a story where beauty and brutality mingle in a yarn I just couldn't put down. This book is filled with rich pleasures and textures — it reminded me of Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men. As in his previous novels, The Dropper avoids sentimentality, but not sentiment; Shoe and his brother Bobby live and breathe. I highly recommend it."”

Best,
    Brian

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Yeah I think if the tray cases were done away with and the money put into the actual book, it would be better. Each edition of the book should be unique, especially the lettered when you consider the price is over a thousand dollars.

I guess to each his own. I personally really love the cases, especially the cases on our King lettered editions. I also personally think that the books are unique enough, in most cases I'm not entirely sure how we could make them more unique without redesigning the interior of the book, which in my personal opinion is a waste as we strive for the book design to be as good as can be on all of the editions. Just my opinion though, and that's the opinion of someone who could never afford to actually own a lettered edition.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I guess to each his own. I personally really love the cases, especially the cases on our King lettered editions. I also personally think that the books are unique enough, in most cases I'm not entirely sure how we could make them more unique without redesigning the interior of the book, which in my personal opinion is a waste as we strive for the book design to be as good as can be on all of the editions. Just my opinion though, and that's the opinion of someone who could never afford to actually own a lettered edition.
    How about extra content like a different cover, interior artwork, and maybe a bonus story? Much more valuable to a reader or collector than an expensive but unnecessary tray case I would think?

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    How about extra content like a different cover, interior artwork, and maybe a bonus story? Much more valuable to a reader or collector than an expensive but unnecessary tray case I would think?
    We usually do a different cover design, bonus stories are typically too expensive. It usually hard enough to get the rights to do the original in the first place. Interior artwork I think we've done before, but that's another tricky one as a lot of the people that buy the lettered editions from us don't even open the book.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We usually do a different cover design, bonus stories are typically too expensive. It usually hard enough to get the rights to do the original in the first place. Interior artwork I think we've done before, but that's another tricky one as a lot of the people that buy the lettered editions from us don't even open the book.
    Maybe you could include a matching lettered, limited paperback reading copy like Hill House did with their production of Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS.

Just an idea because the discussion came up. I can't afford Lettered editions anyway.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know everyone is talking about IT (and I am waiting patiently for mine, since I ordered so late in the process), but I would like to say "Thanks" to CD for my "slightly dinged" remarqued copy of FDNS. It is a thing of beauty:

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Maybe you could include a matching lettered, limited paperback reading copy like Hill House did with their production of Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS.

Just an idea because the discussion came up. I can't afford Lettered editions anyway.
    That's a good idea. I'm not a lettered buyer but setting aside an amount of ARCs equal to the lettered edition might be a worthwhile premium to include.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

That's a good idea. I'm not a lettered buyer but setting aside an amount of ARCs equal to the lettered edition might be a worthwhile premium to include.
    Yes, the ARCs would work. Ideally the Lettered would have a different cover, but either way, hand letter the ones that go with that edition.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't that just result in another book that no one would read?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Wouldn't that just result in another book that no one would read?
    You are likely correct. But it would provide a cool extra, which was the topic at hand.

I like the matching number Reader's Copy that came with my AMERICAN GODS. I'd bet some people read them, although that is probably more likely with the more numerous numbered editions than the lettered.

]

(Note to Brice: Don't worry, no one is confusing publishers here. )

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I myself would want/do want a traycase or some other special enclosure for my lettered edition. The Regulators lettered is a gorgeous book, but the case adds to it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone,

I moved a whole bunch of posts from the past three weeks regarding the new edition of IT from this general CD thread over to the dedicated IT thread to avoid doubling up the same discussions of shipping, timing, etc.

Also I moved the discussion about what makes, or might make, Lettered editions special - from the dedicated IT thread over to here, as it wasn't specific to IT.

I left the shipping method cost/benefit discussion here as the concepts and theories apply whenever we choose which shipping option to use for our valuables.

Finally, I left the discussion about the IT art portfolio here since it won't ship until next year.

Thanks.
    - Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

That's actually a really cool idea. Especially for $1500, I wouldn't think that would be too much to ask for. With each one being unique in some way other than a hand-written letter written on the limitation page (I always thought that was kinda lame..), I could see justifying that hefty price. Maybe each case could be uniquely foil stamped as well. And possibly a full-page color remarque as well?

That's not to knock the quality of the edition. I'm sure it will be really nice in the end!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 890 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 650 ... LastLast