Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 890 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 646 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, i'm already starting to regret that i didn't jump on this.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Holy Crap!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Brian didn't mention this, but the other reason we have to offer media mail is because we have a lot of customers who ship their books to a PO box, and UPS does not deliver to PO box's. The other thing that we need to remember is that this is a really heavy book, and from our experience, the bigger / heavier the book is the less likely it is to arrive safely if shipped media mail. This is one of the main reasons we are encouraging UPS shipping methods.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have gotten books shipped to me both ways and have had mishaps with both of them.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I have gotten books shipped to me both ways and have had mishaps with both of them.
    I'm not saying UPS won't mess it up, it's just that UPS is more likely not to, and is more likely to pay out full value on any damages that occur. Where as USPS will fight tooth and nail on any insurance claims, then take 6 months to a year so send what little they do decide to pay out on the insurance claim if anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I'm not saying UPS won't mess it up, it's just that UPS is more likely not to, and is more likely to pay out full value on any damages that occur. Where as USPS will fight tooth and nail on any insurance claims, then take 6 months to a year so send what little they do decide to pay out on the insurance claim if anything at all.
    We ran all of the numbers for our previous 3 years of shipping when we were working on the shipping options for the new website -- more than 100,000 packages shipped via a variety of methods -- and we had significantly less problems with UPS. The problems we did have were resolved much faster. The USPS usually says, "Oops, tough luck! Must have been the way you packaged it, insurance claim denied!" UPS jumps on the case and either finds the item in their system or quickly pays the insurance claim. But we were asked to give people the choice of UPS or USPS, so we've done that. It is 100% your choice how the package is shipped.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Hi, anyone know anything about the Traycase for Full Dark, No Stars? I've been waiting for it for a year now. I have a signed 1st ed. of FDNS just waiting for a traycase. Anyone know what's going on? I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who ordered one.

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Hi, anyone know anything about the Traycase for Full Dark, No Stars? I've been waiting for it for a year now. I have a signed 1st ed. of FDNS just waiting for a traycase. Anyone know what's going on? I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who ordered one.
    You're not the only one! Sorry about the delay on this. It got caught up in the mess with our traycase maker falling so far behind on his work. Drop me a line via email and I will make sure you're on the update list for this item so you don't miss out on future updates! Thanks!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Brian didn't mention this, but the other reason we have to offer media mail is because we have a lot of customers who ship their books to a PO box, and UPS does not deliver to PO box's. The other thing that we need to remember is that this is a really heavy book, and from our experience, the bigger / heavier the book is the less likely it is to arrive safely if shipped media mail. This is one of the main reasons we are encouraging UPS shipping methods.
    Thank you....the PO Box clears up the question......"why even offer Media Mail?".

Great picture of IT Brian, thanks for sharing.

Ralph

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

After some deliberation, I send Mindy an email requesting UPS delivery for my order. The main problem for me was that my daughter works for the USPS, and I try to use them as much as possible. (I don't want her losing her job.) But the fact that the larger packages DO tend to sustain more damage through the Post Office was the deciding factor.

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My only question is are you guys not going to be boxing up as you usually do or are you going to be boxing them up like you usually do?
    Are the books going to be properly boxed up like they should be or not?

My only question is are you guys not going to be boxing up as you usually do or are you going to be boxing them up like you usually do?
    Are the books going to be properly boxed up like they should be or not?
    Like we always do.

Brian

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the picture of IT. Glad my shipping will include insurance in case anything happens to it

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That IT picture gives me happy pants!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by texgunslinger View Post
    Brian,
    I for one appreciate the extra communication you provide on here. You certainly don't have to. I have always been pleased with the CD products I've ordered and I'm sure It will be no different. I vote we quit complaining about the fucking shipping and start getting details on the next King project!
    My opinion only.
    Wow....time to switch to decaf I think.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by texgunslinger View Post
    details on the next King project!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    After already paying $17.15 for shippping I'm not paying another $20 on top of it. Track & Confirm with USPS is 70 cents. Maybe if it was $20 for the UPS instead of the $17.15, but not on top of.
    I've never had any problem with the Post Office and I'll trust them again.
    Wait, I don't understand this. If one is changing the shipping method from USPS Media Mail to UPS insured delivery, why would you be double charged? Shouldn't the charge for Media Mail go away and then the UPS charge added? I mean, it doesn't cost $37 to mail a book! Even insured and everything.
    According to the email from CD, this is an ADDITIONAL charge to what you already paid....so the cost to the buyer to ship the two books is $37.

As you said, the cost of insured UPS Ground is less than $37.....however, you are paying shipping AND handling fees.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    After some deliberation, I send Mindy an email requesting UPS delivery for my order. The main problem for me was that my daughter works for the USPS, and I try to use them as much as possible. (I don't want her losing her job.) But the fact that the larger packages DO tend to sustain more damage through the Post Office was the deciding factor.

John
    I did the same thing. $20 to avoid possible extra hassel is worth it to me.

Mindy is replying to everyone to let them know she received their emails about the shipping. It will take her a while to get through all of these, but she is on it!

Brian

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, Dan, you guys really do go above and beyond in regards to communicating here on the boards. I, and I know everyone else, truly appreciate it.

Now, if a certain someone would get back to me in regards to a certain It: Special Edition blueline, I would appreciate it even more, lol.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Brian, Dan, you guys really do go above and beyond in regards to communicating here on the boards. I, and I know everyone else, truly appreciate it.

Now, if a certain someone would get back to me in regards to a certain It: Special Edition blueline, I would appreciate it even more, lol.
    Oh relax, you got a TMSG didn't ya? LOL LOL LOL

Greedy bastard!!!! That's a very rare collectible!!! LOL

You're a great sport, Shannon!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Ahh I just love forums, why do you think I talked Brian, who in turned talked Rich into creating a CD forum.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian or Dan,

Now that 11/22/63 has been released, any idea how long for the slipcases are made and ready to ship?

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Brian or Dan,

Now that 11/22/63 has been released, any idea how long for the slipcases are made and ready to ship?
    Right now they're running 6 to 8 weeks after the sample case is approved. I am hoping to see the sample cases for the US and UK slipcases by the end of this week, but we'll let you know. Assuming the samples are okay, the manufacturer can order the material and start immediately once the material arrives.

Brian

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Brian or Dan,

Right now they're running 6 to 8 weeks after the sample case is approved. I am hoping to see the sample cases for the US and UK slipcases by the end of this week, but we'll let you know. Assuming the samples are okay, the manufacturer can order the material and start immediately once the material arrives.

Brian
    Brian

Do you know if the S&S limited of 11/22/63 will fit or will that be another option?

Ralph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 890 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 646 ... LastLast