Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 890 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Another HUGE difference is the annoyance with CD has been building for years and years...it's not like people here are just piling on out of the blue...if anything, their customer base has been incredibally loyal to put up with it for this long.

I ordered books (which have long since been cancelled and refunded) in 2002 that have still not been published - not King books, but some books that seemed interesting at the time. It was around $250. It's been seven years and those books still have not shown up?

If I could compare it to DMG - and it's not a valid comparison in any serious way - I would say that both Black House and LSOE encountered significant delays from expected publishing to real publishing dates.

But so what? That didn't cost the customer anyhing. If anything, DMG's practice of not charging customers actually cost them money - many preorders for the Black House/Talisman set ended up unfilled because of declined credit cards, etc. that were never reordered.

CD has earned the negative posts against them with going on 10 years of questionable business practices, dating back to "Legacies." So, this is not just a bunch of collectors throwing temper tantrums.

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Another HUGE difference is the annoyance with CD has been building for years and years...it's not like people here are just piling on out of the blue...if anything, their customer base has been incredibally loyal to put up with it for this long.

I ordered books (which have long since been cancelled and refunded) in 2002 that have still not been published - not King books, but some books that seemed interesting at the time. It was around $250. It's been seven years and those books still have not shown up?

If I could compare it to DMG - and it's not a valid comparison in any serious way - I would say that both Black House and LSOE encountered significant delays from expected publishing to real publishing dates.

But so what? That didn't cost the customer anyhing. If anything, DMG's practice of not charging customers actually cost them money - many preorders for the Black House/Talisman set ended up unfilled because of declined credit cards, etc. that were never reordered.

CD has earned the negative posts against them with going on 10 years of questionable business practices, dating back to "Legacies." So, this is not just a bunch of collectors throwing temper tantrums.
    Think you hit the nail there - if you have not paid for something and there is a delay, and you are being told there is a delay, whilst it might be mildly annoying, you have not lost anything. Once you have paid for something, and still not got it, that is a very different matter........theft maybe?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I would assume a smart investor could get interest on all that money out for that amount of time.

I've never dealt with CD but I believe I would rather get a .25% as opposed to letting it hang out there if I had a choice

Thats also worth for those which prefer to do not preorder but buying once on the second market... other the years, you lose interest, especially with lots of orders or lettered...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my CD magazine two days ago. I like the short fiction, but once again with CD, they are so late, that any article hoping to be topical is six months older than six months old. Bev Vincent does some wonderful work describing being on the set for filming of The Mist (already out on DVD) and reviews Blaze (already on the Remainder rack). What a shame to waste such efforts.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Just wanted to chime in here and say that I agree with those who have become disillusioned with Cemetery Dance. I placed 2 rather expensive orders quite a few years ago and when -- after almost 3 years -- those books never materialized, I decided I no longer wanted them and asked for a full refund. I was actually given a hard time and chastised along the lines of "you've waited this long, what's another 9 months?" which I found unprofessional.

Conversely, my experiences with Donald Grant, over the course of 15+ years have been stellar and always professional. CD comes across as amateur hour in comparison.

Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by Ric; 03-10-2011 at 07:25 AM.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got the last update from CD on the SOD 2. WHY did they make it lavender? WHY couldnt they keep it the same brown as before and re-design the cover why oh why oh me o' my

https://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/SFNT
    Last edited by Chooch; 02-05-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: link
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glann is still working on illustrations for other stories...

it's not going to get published soon...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

At least they've selected a cover. As to the rest of the update, nothing new.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the lavender looks far better than the brown. Any way I can dye volume one?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the lavender color. Helps the second volume stand out from the first. Less cookie cutter and a lttle more unique.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I like the lavender as well...but I'll never own it, so who cares! haha...

Country
    Country Flag

I guess this will be one of those either you love it or hate it. I'll still own it but IMO it would look much better along side the other SOD 1 looking like a set. I dont think the Green mile or Talisman would look good as multiple colors, but publishers do what they do for the author so mayhap SK wanted it to be totally different...who knows ! If this was a stand alone book I think that's a different story ...oh well, my two cents

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    I just got the last update from CD on the SOD 2. WHY did they make it lavender? WHY couldnt they keep it the same brown as before and re-design the cover why oh why oh me o' my

https://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/SFNT
    I assume everyone is with me when I say, no I do not want Glen to put in more illustrations. Just get the darn book out. I could care less if there are 13 more illustrations. Jeeze!
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree!

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And even if their story is true, which I doubt it is - it would be terrible business practice to allow the artist to add more artwork after an initial deadline.

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

How about they FINISH SOD1 Lettereds first!
    I mean seriously already

Country
    Country Flag

Now that IS a damn shame...good money spent in advance and still nothing to show for it. If it werent for being a SK title I would not but from CD. I had my order in for a s/l SOD2 and I was going to buy a SOD1 off of Ebay and emailed Mindy and asked if there was anyway to get the same number (as the one from Ebay) and her respose was that that number was already reserved. OK...I understand that if someone has a number and want to match...cool...no problem...but I was buying it from Ebay so whoever "had it reserved" either did not care about the number or has decided to sell SOD1 and forget about SOD2...so I didnt understand the problem there. Mulliens seen my delima and hooked me up quite nicely and I canceled my order for the SOD2. I wonder what they would do if everyone canceled their orders

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    I like the lavender color. Helps the second volume stand out from the first. Less cookie cutter and a lttle more unique.
    I wonder if the traycase color will match the DJ color as seen in SODV1.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    I wonder if the traycase color will match the DJ color as seen in SODV1.
    That's a good question...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    And even if their story is true, which I doubt it is - it would be terrible business practice to allow the artist to add more artwork after an initial deadline.

Its just bull - just stalls and creates a so called genuine reason to have still not produced the book.......

as someone else here said, why the heck not get the SOD1 lettered done first...but maybe that money has all gone.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just off the top of my head but.....

Every time I think of CD Publishing I get an image of a Caveman carving animal images on a cave wall!!!! Or is it Egyptians carving Hyrogliphics? LOL LOL

In truth though the final products are very nice but, ManJesus! it takes them forever!!!

On a side note, isn't CD at least partially owned by S. King? Does anyone know for sure?
    I could swear I saw somewhere that he at least started it up as his answer to small press publishers out there that he was somewhat dismayed with. Of course my memory ain't what it used to be!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I think Philtrum Press was his baby

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Philtrum was. To my knowledge he has nothing to do with CD beyond them publishing a few things with him in them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys, I stand corrected. Sucks getting old!! lol lol

Now where did I put my pen? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry, merlin. As you get older, it gets worse!

(I know from experience!)

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 890 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast