Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 630 of 890 FirstFirst ... 130 530 580 620 628 629 630 631 632 640 680 730 ... LastLast
Results 15,726 to 15,750 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Not all of them have been sent. We are still shipping them. So far I think we've maybe shipped a quarter or so of them. Remarques will be toward the end, and the Glenn remarques may be held up a little as the sheets he did for us either got lost or where lost in the mail so he's doing them over.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Has anyone got to look over the Salems portfolio yet? Any thoughts?
    It's pretty cool. Good quality paper. Same type of folder as Carrie. I like the preliminary sketches that were included.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to the USPS Tracking mine was delivered to my home today,

John

Not that I can give specifics of what situation I am posting about, I did want to make sure our collectors heard this from me... As a general rule, when a retailer sometimes sells up to 50% of your print runs on books by "non-famous authors," you need to make sure you take care of that retailer when you land a book by a "famous author."

One example of NOT taking care of the retailer is when you cut their allottment by 75% AFTER you've already confirmed a certain number with them and they've already sold that number.

When you do that, the retailer and their customers might be very unhappy about how the situation was handled... and as the retailer is hearing from their customers today, how you handled the situation CAN affect people's desire to support your press in the future.

Anyway, sorry to be so vague, and if you know what I'm speaking of, it would be better for me if you didn't post any names... I just wanted to make it clear that WE ARE NOT HAPPY that our collectors, who ordered from us in good faith, are not getting their books, especially given the crazy amount of support we've given previous titles from the publisher... We love the guy, and we understand he was caught off guard by his direct sales, but man, this situation really sucks...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program of llama photos and 80s hairstyles, already in progress...
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled program of llama photos and 80s hairstyles, already in progress...
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Brian,

I am a customer that CD had to cancel due to the situation. Just wanted to let you guys know that I do not hold it against CD. I am disappointed but understand you would not be cancelling the order if you were able to get the book.

Not that I can give specifics of what situation I am posting about, I did want to make sure our collectors heard this from me... As a general rule, when a retailer sometimes sells up to 50% of your print runs on books by "non-famous authors," you need to make sure you take care of that retailer when you land a book by a "famous author."

One example of NOT taking care of the retailer is when you cut their allottment by 75% AFTER you've already confirmed a certain number with them and they've already sold that number.

When you do that, the retailer and their customers might be very unhappy about how the situation was handled... and as the retailer is hearing from their customers today, how you handled the situation CAN affect people's desire to support your press in the future.

Anyway, sorry to be so vague, and if you know what I'm speaking of, it would be better for me if you didn't post any names... I just wanted to make it clear that WE ARE NOT HAPPY that our collectors, who ordered from us in good faith, are not getting their books, especially given the crazy amount of support we've given previous titles from the publisher... We love the guy, and we understand he was caught off guard by his direct sales, but man, this situation really sucks...

Brian

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Weirdest looking llama I have ever seen

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    I went back to 80's fashion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

This may have been asked before, but is CD going to offer the Hodder & Stoughton UK hardcover of SLEEPING BEAUTIES for sale? If not, I'll pre-order through the Book Depository.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    This may have been asked before, but is CD going to offer the Hodder & Stoughton UK hardcover of SLEEPING BEAUTIES for sale? If not, I'll pre-order through the Book Depository.
    We will not be offering the H&S UK hardcover of this title, thank you for asking!

Brian

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    , James. I'm thinking it's more of a Wolf?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Not all of them have been sent. We are still shipping them. So far I think we've maybe shipped a quarter or so of them. Remarques will be toward the end, and the Glenn remarques may be held up a little as the sheets he did for us either got lost or where lost in the mail so he's doing them over.
    As for the remarques i REALLY hope i will get a different one than in the book...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    As for the remarques i REALLY hope i will get a different one than in the book...
    Personally, I feel sorry for Glenn having to redo all that work. That must really suck!

I had to take these fast because I need to run out the door, but the VIP review copies for GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX arrived. There are 20 of these and most of them are reserved for important business associates of the authors plus a few "very important" publications that will be reviewing the book:

Brian

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!!!! Me like!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

I had to take these fast because I need to run out the door, but the VIP review copies for GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX arrived. There are 20 of these and most of them are reserved for important business associates of the authors plus a few "very important" publications that will be reviewing the book:

Brian
    I just noticed that, because I was in a hurry, it might not be entirely clear what we did... the "front cover" has a diecut window to SHOW part of the "second cover" behind it -- the part of the artwork with the town.

Being someone who grew up on '80s horror paperbacks, I've always wanted to do that for a book!

Brian

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember those die cut covers fondly. Nice looking proof Brian. There's only one thing wrong with it. It's not on my shelf.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So Brian,

You say most of them are accounted for.......

Steps in line to apply for a review. I could post a review in my local publication. The Thunderer.....in reality it is an a4 letter to the local residents, but that counts right??

Good luck with this, it looks great.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I remember those die cut covers fondly. Nice looking proof Brian. There's only one thing wrong with it. It's not on my shelf.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    So Brian,

You say most of them are accounted for.......

Steps in line to apply for a review. I could post a review in my local publication. The Thunderer.....in reality it is an a4 letter to the local residents, but that counts right??

Good luck with this, it looks great.
    For those looking to get their hands on a copy of the VIP proof, there is one currently being auctioned for this year's HF fundraiser....

http://http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20930-2017-Haven-Fundraiser-Aucion-21-Gwendy-s-Button-Box-ARC-1-20

Brian, the cover for the VIP proof looks absolutely amazing!

And to generously donate a copy for the HF is beyond awesome! You guys ROCK!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

It's a long shot, but did anyone get #443 of the Salem's Lot portfolio? I'm looking to match to my AE, but seems CD wasn't able to match it. I might have gotten my request in too late.

Anyway, I have #444 and #445 if anyone is interested in a trade ... or if you want one of those numbers for any other reason, I have no attachment to them and would trade for another Salem's Lot portfolio.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    That's how David King started out with a little help from his younger brother Stephen.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    It's a long shot, but did anyone get #443 of the Salem's Lot portfolio? I'm looking to match to my AE, but seems CD wasn't able to match it. I might have gotten my request in too late.

Anyway, I have #444 and #445 if anyone is interested in a trade ... or if you want one of those numbers for any other reason, I have no attachment to them and would trade for another Salem's Lot portfolio.
    I did not know they had shipped.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 630 of 890 FirstFirst ... 130 530 580 620 628 629 630 631 632 640 680 730 ... LastLast