Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 890 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 542 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Obviously, the normal s/l of SoD I has been released, and it's hard for SK's Mod to get excited about the 52 people waiting for the lettered edition...even though it's $1500 a pop.

Bottom line, I doubt SK really cares about the s/l collectors anyway...I mean, he's probably more amused than anything about the whole mindset, and he's not looking at a calender for delivery dates, etc.

We have to remember that from Mod's perspective, this is a core group of, what? 2000 committed fans out of millions? It's not a big deal to them, and has actually zero to do with him or his fan base. Collector's have ZERO leverage - we're still going to buy the trade books, and that's all that matters.

Am I impressed SK does business with CD? No, not at all. But other than signing a contract, I'm not sure SK has even the tiniest bit of concern over if or when an s/l comes out....didn't his interaction with Jerad consist of one short letter and that was it? And he sent some flowers to Grant one time, I guess.

It's just not on his radar screen...

I think we do the right thing by just sitting on the sidelines of CD's books...to me, it's like this Blockade Billy book didn't even get published. I'll get it eventually, but I totally have zero investment or excitement in tracking down an early copy. That's not my fault; that's CD's fault entirely...

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    And he sent some flowers to Grant one time, I guess.
    He sent flowers??? To HERE or to Don?!?! There were flowers from Uncle Stevie and noone PRESSED THEM!!! ok ok breathe! HE HE

anyway I don't see why he WOULDN'T care. These are HIS books. His publishers are getting bad reps for not publishing ontime. (Yes, I know we introduced LSOE in 2005, but we didn't take your money) There has got to be SOME POINT to be made that would make an impact. Don't you think?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Haha...he sent flowers back in the Black House days I think...

I'm sure he 'cares,' which is different than CARES...I mean, he's got a million things on his plate...so why would he worry about the 750 fans who want to spend the $350 on a hobby he probably considers a little silly?

I'm not saying that's his feeling - but if I were him, I think that's where I'd come down on it. But...it would be really, really easy to say "meh, enough of CD, go to someone else." But he obviously has good feelings toward them for whatever reason.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    You think the Yankers are gonna win the 2010 series??
    Why of course!!! We expect to win every year!!!

And its YankeEs!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

And its YankeEs!!!!
    The spelling IS wrong. He put a "Y" instead of a "W".

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

And its YankeEs!!!!
    The spelling IS wrong. He put a "Y" instead of a "W".
    Wankers, yup, that sums up the boys in pinstripes.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

nice.lol.

"The throw is late! Dave Roberts is safe at second!"

And after that, nothing else they ever do, will ever matter a single, slight bit...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

And after that, nothing else they ever do, will ever matter a single, slight bit...
    Except win World Series after World Series. 27 now and counting.

And speaking of defining moments the Red Sox (I am assuming that is your team) SOLD BABE RUTH! They sold Babe "F***ing" Ruth! And nothing else they do will ever matter.

And has anybody ever seen "No, No Nanette"? I didn't think so.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Except win World Series after World Series. 27 now and counting.

And speaking of defining moments the Red Sox (I am assuming that is your team) SOLD BABE RUTH! They sold Babe "F***ing" Ruth! And nothing else they do will ever matter.

And has anybody ever seen "No, No Nanette"? I didn't think so.
    Well, Pedro was sort of "Precious" wasn't he? Nah, nah Grady, he's got this bitch under CONTROL!!! And if not him....Wakefield will.............OOPS!

Aaron Boone will forever be my hero right up along side Bucky Dent for their momentus at-bats vs the Red Sux!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

Now that there is 3 vs 2 I say we move the discussion over to the Yankees 2010 thread boys and girls! LOL LOL Funny I didn't notice a Red Sox 2010 thread.....must have missed it!

Oh, anyone know the fastest way to get to Logan Airport?

Through Bill Bruckner's Legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What language are those people above speaking?

Who's Buckner? Aaron Boone? Bucky Dent?

I know they weren't players on the only baseball team that's ever lost 4 straight games in a playoff series. That history goes on forever...can't be surpassed. Ever.

I'm not going to add a new post, to respond to the new bleatings down below...except to say that 2004 wasn't a "blemish," but the greatest, largest, most epic collapse in the history of professional athletics.

So you're right...you did make the history books.

That's a fact; cry if you want, but you know I'm right...
    Last edited by Rahfa; 04-02-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: More snarkiness...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Who's Buckner? Aaron Boone? Bucky Dent?

I know they weren't players on the only baseball team that's ever lost 4 straight games in a playoff series. That history goes on forever...can't be surpassed. Ever.
    Just like 1918 - 2005. Either way you slice it we make the history books yet again.

You see............when you have such a rich winning history there has got to be a clunker here or there. We lost to the Dodgers in '55 too (Who's a Bum?). The salient point here is that for the Yankee's....winning is a regular thing. In Boston it only happens when the planets are in alignment, King is writing a book about them or some such foolish thing. Even when the Yanks didn't make the dance in '86 we sent the second team with MOOKIE WILSON!!to scratch your boys from the books.

I'll take all that winning and one blemish over all those blemish's and one or two World Series any day of the week!!!!

And now, after almost 100 years, they finally thought to themselves at Red Sux Central, Hmmmmmm maybe we should build the team a little differently and more like the Yankees!!! Yeah, that's the ticket!!!! We'll get Pitching and Defense and let the hitting come to us (sic). Only problem you still got is we beat your bullpen since Pedro's days. Starters were never an issue, its the bullpen where we feast!! Papelbon? please. You gotta go to Mo!!!!!

Call me when you get to double digit Championships boys! LOL We're still waaayyy ahead in the last 20 years!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Yogi have more rings than your whole team? Jeter too? and whatever became of the legendary NoMaaaar? nope, never got one. Williams? nope. Yaz? nope. Fisk? nope. Boggs? nope. In fact, Boggs & Ruth had to come to N.Y. to get one!!! They shoulda called it "Oh No Nannette!!!"
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

There's no sport as cool and awesome as soccer.

My team is Racing Club de Avellaneda, and here's a pic of my team's supporters:

And we have the world's largest flag

Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's Awesome, Ari!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I officially abstain from any further baseball talk in this thread!! If you all would like to continue bashing the Yankees (LOL) we have a thread for that (2010 Yankees) in another more approved forum. I welcome your thoughts, comments and attempts to further try to better the Red Sox Legacy through disparaging the Yankees! LOL (J/K folks)

Question: I see that low and behold CD has actually delivered a King related title The Complete Concordance (Ok it took 'em almost 4 years, but hey). My questions is why are these popping up on Ebay for 35-45$, almost half what you had to pay CD for a book that I think is still available? And I would think was bought for a collection in the first place?

Others seem to expect that this will happen on the secondary market (in other threads), but I don't see how folks can afford to take a 50% hit on a book they've been waiting 4 years for. I may be naive or uninformed. Can someone more knowledgeable enlighten me?

Thanks in advance
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

This is from CD's latest email:

"1) The first printing of Blockade Billy is in the VERY LOW five figures and we're over 50% of the way sold out after just FOUR days of sales. At this point, we can tell you these 1st Edition/1st Printings will NOT be going to any of the chain bookstores or big online retailers. 1st Edition/1st Printings are a must-have for any collector and this is EASILY the lowest 1st trade printing of any new King book since, well, probably the 1970s."

Since DT IV had only 40K trade editions, I'm sure that statement about 'lowest trade printings since the 1970s' is not really accurate...and of course DT I had only 10K trade editions, right? Which is about as low five figures as you can get...

Bottom line - a 25K (let's say) edition is a big deal, but it's not a life-changing moment. And, if you have to send another email to encourage sales, I'm not sure that is evidence of a really strong sales anyway...I'm sure it's going fine, but the hyperbole doesn't impress...

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

"1) The first printing of Blockade Billy is in the VERY LOW five figures and we're over 50% of the way sold out after just FOUR days of sales. At this point, we can tell you these 1st Edition/1st Printings will NOT be going to any of the chain bookstores or big online retailers. 1st Edition/1st Printings are a must-have for any collector and this is EASILY the lowest 1st trade printing of any new King book since, well, probably the 1970s."

Since DT IV had only 40K trade editions, I'm sure that statement about 'lowest trade printings since the 1970s' is not really accurate...and of course DT I had only 10K trade editions, right? Which is about as low five figures as you can get...

Bottom line - a 25K (let's say) edition is a big deal, but it's not a life-changing moment. And, if you have to send another email to encourage sales, I'm not sure that is evidence of a really strong sales anyway...I'm sure it's going fine, but the hyperbole doesn't impress...
    Probably more like 10K but even if it is 25K and they supposedly had 1.3M hits on the website Monday, were mentioned in multiple media outlets, and had their mailing list grow to 35K, the sales % total is surprisingly low. If the hype in this announcement is accurate I would have expected the first printing to be sold out.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

Probably more like 10K but even if it is 25K and they supposedly had 1.3M hits on the website Monday, were mentioned in multiple media outlets, and had their mailing list grow to 35K, the sales % total is surprisingly low. If the hype in this announcement is accurate I would have expected the first printing to be sold out.
    Same here.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Yeah, when I thought of low, I was thinking like 5000...when I read low 5 numbers I was like, that's not a small print run. Maybe compared to what Scribner puts outs...but, low 5s to a small press is a LARGE print run.

LET'S GO RED SOX!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe their first email stated that the 1st/1st would be 10K and they got permission for an additional 10K (which I assume is going to Amazon, et al). I think they confirmed that to Ms. Mod at SKMB. I agree the hype was that NOBODY who ordered outside CD was gonna get a 1st/1st.

I ordered mine through Overlook and was a bit worried so I emailed Dave and he told me that he was allotted an amount of 1st/1st's with the baseball card so I can rest assured I'm covered. Not only do I get to support Dave, who I think is a really great guy and pleasant dealer, but I didn't have to pay those Ponzi Bastards directly before I got my SOD II!!!! A small Bonus, but still.......I have really grown to hate those folks at CD!!!

Although, in their defense, I'm sure "orders were coming in like crazy" was what it seemed like considering the orders were all coming to Mindy on her cell phone at the nearby Starbucks!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

John F. Kennedy ibeforej is on a distinguished road ibeforej's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Question: I see that low and behold CD has actually delivered a King related title The Complete Concordance (Ok it took 'em almost 4 years, but hey). My questions is why are these popping up on Ebay for 35-45$, almost half what you had to pay CD for a book that I think is still available? And I would think was bought for a collection in the first place?

Others seem to expect that this will happen on the secondary market (in other threads), but I don't see how folks can afford to take a 50% hit on a book they've been waiting 4 years for. I may be naive or uninformed. Can someone more knowledgeable enlighten me?

Thanks in advance
    While I can only speak for myself, I'm selling my copy since I have 2 lettered editions coming in...at some point. I'd also rather go ahead and sell it, rather than have to store it and risk it being damaged.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a relatively new (compared to some of you) collector, I can only say that I would much rather trade my money with DMG than with CD. One of the first books I pre-ordered was through CD & I was just blown away when they charged me but I didn't receive the book for over a year. Almost stopped me from collecting -- I thought that that was the way this whole industry did business.............then I met Jared, Tomas & Stu! I'd credit them with my continuing lack of money!!!!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Camelot Books will also take preorders for 1st Blockade Billy with baseball card. It is not on their site yet but Kim from Camelot told me that they will be receiving them.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read a lot of articles on french websites about this book

funny thing: their email says its sold at 50%.. am sure that before i did read it was almost sold out (1st/1st)?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 890 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 542 ... LastLast