Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 890 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 526 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

All King needs to do is give another small press a try. I am sure that there are lots of them who would want to publish King books.
    I know, I for one, would love to have the King books that CD does. And I am sure we would get them done in a more reasonable time frame. But, that's just me talkin!

And I do know that one person has contacted Mr. King's office. I don't know if they have heard back from the office yet though.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, let's compare with Grant Books. Yes...Grant Books announced Little sisters of Eluria in 2004 o 2005, and it was released in 2008. BUT...they start the preorders and charge the book when it was actually about to be released!
    Last edited by Ari_Racing; 03-29-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I Grant Books!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    I'd hate to see them go under. But like was stated above, their business practices are to blame if they do.

I do have several preorders with them that I would rather not cancel. Therefore, I think I will sit this one out for a while longer to see what happens. Besides, from what I have read here, it is a nightmare trying to get refunds from them anyway. That is something I don't want to deal with at the moment.

I hope I don't get burned.

I could have written this post. I also hope we don't get burned.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A worrying post gone up on the Subterranean Press website:

A Note About Stephen King Goes to the Movies

June 18, 2009

Dear Readers:

Subterranean Press is aware that a number of copies of Stephen King Goes to the Movies have been pre-ordered by customers of Cemetery Dance. Cemetery Dance has not met the terms of our initial or revised agreements. We will not be supplying this book to them. If you have any questions about this, please contact Cemetery Dance directly.

Regards,

Bill Schafer

Anybody on here order their King book from Cemetery Dance? And is this the beginning of the end for CD? Hope not.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, wow. I've got some bad feelings about that!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post

June 18, 2009

Dear Readers:

Subterranean Press is aware that a number of copies of Stephen King Goes to the Movies have been pre-ordered by customers of Cemetery Dance. Cemetery Dance has not met the terms of our initial or revised agreements. We will not be supplying this book to them. If you have any questions about this, please contact Cemetery Dance directly.

Regards,

Bill Schafer

Anybody on here order their King book from Cemetery Dance? And is this the beginning of the end for CD? Hope not.
    I'm not at all surprised to hear it definitely stated that CD is in arrears on its financial obligations. But didn't someone on here state that they had received a copy of this book from CD?

And I'd still like to hear from texgunslinger on his requested refund from CD.

I'm glad I got out while the gittin' was good.

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

June 18, 2009

Dear Readers:

Regards,

Bill Schafer

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    But didn't someone on here state that they had received a copy of this book from CD?
    Yes, that was me. And I don't get it. I recieved my copy from CD. If I still had the shipping invoice I would scan it and post it, but it went into the recycle bin weeks ago. Very strange.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I said this over at the Horror Mall forums, and I'll say it here as well.

I'm probably CD's number one anti-fan. I hate them. I'd be pleased as punch to see their shitty business practices land them in bankruptcy.

BUT - this shouldn't be seen as the beginning of the end. Business deals can fall through for many reasons outside of non-payment. In this case, theres just WAY to many variables.

Will refunding those who pre-ordered hurt CD's cash flow for the next month? You bet. But with the number of refunds they always seem to have to be issuing, they seem to be able to find a way to stay solvent. They'll just put another book up for pre-order and they'll continue the ponzi scheme with this being only a minor set back.

No need to . Yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nyy3723a View Post

June 18, 2009

Dear Readers:

Regards,

Bill Schafer

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    But didn't someone on here state that they had received a copy of this book from CD?
    Yes, that was me. And I don't get it. I recieved my copy from CD. If I still had the shipping invoice I would scan it and post it, but it went into the recycle bin weeks ago. Very strange.
    Perhaps it's not a financial problem at all. Maybe they fell way short of an agreed quota of preordered books.....

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope it's something else. I'm pretty sure most people here have paid for Secretary of Dreams II and we know some have paid for the original Secretary of Dream Lettered. I would like to see everyone on these forums get their books and not get screwed.
    Geoff

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

No refund yet.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I hope it's something else. I'm pretty sure most people here have paid for Secretary of Dreams II and we know some have paid for the original Secretary of Dream Lettered. I would like to see everyone on these forums get their books and not get screwed.
    Hear, hear!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by texgunslinger View Post
    No refund yet.
    I got mine, it took about 2 1/2 weeks ($480.00)
    Geoff

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Trade Edition of The Big Book of Necon is now shipping. However the signed editions are not because sig pages are still circulating.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well i got my refund. all pre-orders accounted for,even shipping,so no complaints there.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on receiving your full refund.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

I have been waiting since May 5. I did receive an email from Brian Freeman promising me it was in the works.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been waiting since May 5. I did receive an email from Brian Freeman promising me it was in the works.
    Two freakin' months, and the boss has to tell you its "in the works"?

Whats next? They'll send you an exclusive link to pre-order your refund?? (Its at the printer, you know!)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch.

You know the wait's gotta be a cash flow thing.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Whats next? They'll send up an exclusive link to pre-order your refund?? (Its at the printer, you know!)
    The longer I wait,
    The more I read of others' experiences,
    The dumber I feel for hanging on...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Whats next? They'll send up an exclusive link to pre-order your refund?? (Its at the printer, you know!)
    The longer I wait,
    The more I read of others' experiences,
    The dumber I feel for hanging on...
    Ditto that sentiment!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    ... this thread definitely makes me have second thoughts on my advance payment for SOD vol. 2 (I paid for both volumes at once, not too long ago)...

You guys think I should cancel my order as well?
    Welll......

I ordered, and received, all three states of CD's From a Buick 8. Great book. My first King lettered.
    Then I ordered The Secretary of Dreams, vol. 1. Of course, I'm still waiting for the lettered edition.
    When vol. 2 (SoD) was announced, I took the plunge and again ordered all three states.

Like everyone else here, I hate the waiting. The promises that aren't kept. But somehow I'm convinced these (and other) editions will finally be released.

I'll take my chances and won't cancel any orders.

sk

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

At this point, the only remaining prepaid book I have on order with CD is the SOD II signed/numbered. I'm going to let it ride.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 890 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 526 ... LastLast