Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 890 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 633 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I am also thinking about getting the art porfolio for this one.

Does anyone know if the 500 signed sets are numbered?
    Had to dig back through my email to find what the signed sheets actually looked like, but yes they will be numbered.
    Will these be sent out before the book is released or what? I also ordered one they kinda put me in the mind of Salem's Lot set but these will have something to keep them in. Looking forward to getting it.
    That's a good question. I'm actually not sure on the answer to that. Maybe Brian will see this and shed some light.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know know The Stand S/L is like the holy grail and I am hoping that It S/L will be as good an S/L as The Stand S/L or maybe better. I am hoping CD blows our minds when It S/L comes out.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Will these be sent out before the book is released or what?
    I just confirmed with Brian, and the answer is "Most Likely" barring any unforeseen delays.

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

Any news on an exact or semi-exact release date? I know it said "Fall 2011" but I thought at this point you might have a handle on production schedules and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by texgunslinger View Post
    Any news on an exact or semi-exact release date? I know it said "Fall 2011" but I thought at this point you might have a handle on production schedules and all that.
    That I have no clue on. I'll point Brian over here though he should have a much better idea than me.

Quote Originally Posted by texgunslinger View Post
    It all depends on when we get the signature sheets back from King. Everything else is ready to go to the printer. Based on the production schedule from FDNS last year, we still have plenty of time to send to the printer and publish before December 21st (the last day of fall). It could definitely be well before then if the sheets were done next week, but I won't even guess at an exact publication date before I have those sheets in my hands. (I've learned that lesson, finally!)

I'll post a note here as soon as everything is at the printer, though, and at that point we will post the final publication date!

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, will the Gift edition be published/shipped sooner than the S/L?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yeah, what El Jefe' said!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

That's not currently the plan. I'd rather ship them together if possible.

Brian

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post

Brian
    Ahhhhh, no fair!!!!!! Since we couldn't get or afford a King Sig at least we should get 'em first!!!! Please re-consider!!!! (Pretty please??????)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I know know The Stand S/L is like the holy grail and I am hoping that It S/L will be as good an S/L as The Stand S/L or maybe better. I am hoping CD blows our minds when It S/L comes out.
    The Stand and The Regulators are the two best produced Stephen King books in terms of book production quality, but both the those books were overseen by Peter Schneider. Unless someone else comes out and cares about book quality over making money it'll be hard to top those. And this is why Hill House is no longer in business, he never understood his business side. Sad. I will say, though Cemetery Dance does a pretty darn good solid job, though. I've been very pleased with the Limited Editions of the King books by CD.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    The Stand and The Regulators are the two best produced Stephen King books in terms of book production quality, but both the those books were overseen by Peter Schneider. Unless someone else comes out and cares about book quality over making money it'll be hard to top those. And this is why Hill House is no longer in business, he never understood his business side. Sad. I will say, though Cemetery Dance does a pretty darn good solid job, though. I've been very pleased with the Limited Editions of the King books by CD.
    Yeah, I would have to agree. While CD does a top notch job, nothing compares to those S/L's except maybe Skeleton Crew IMHO!! And I have been researching and lusting after all three for many years!!!! Certainly though, The Stand sits a notch above all King S/L's.

Edit: Oops!! Almost forgot the Asbestos Firestarter!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Asbestos Firestarter is nowhere near the stunning book that The Stand S/L, Skeleton Crew Lettered, The Regulators S/L and Lettered, are. It is the fact that it was an early King S/L, only 26 were done, and the "Asbestos" DJ (BTW, I sometimes wonder if the DJ is truly asbestos, or just called that) that combine to make it expensive, but not necessarily a stunning book itself. A bit like the 'Salem's Lot DJ that is almost unattainable (thus expensive). The DJ is nothing better, fancier or of higher quality that the other two states. I could go on and on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Asbestos Firestarter is nowhere near the stunning book that The Stand S/L, Skeleton Crew Lettered, The Regulators S/L and Lettered, are. It is the fact that it was an early King S/L, only 26 were done, and the "Asbestos" DJ (BTW, I sometimes wonder if the DJ is truly asbestos, or just called that) that combine to make it expensive, but not necessarily a stunning book itself. A bit like the 'Salem's Lot DJ that is almost unattainable (thus expensive). The DJ is nothing better, fancier or of higher quality that the other two states. I could go on and on.
    Yeah, I have heard all the "negatives", but like you say it is still an elaborate and very rare item. Just trying to give respect is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only had about fifteen S/Ls pass through my hands so far, but Legacies is at the top right now. It was my first, so that might have something to do with it ... lol, but I love it. It's a well, well, well made production.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post

Brian
    This is disappointing news. Past history shows that limiteds & deluxe editions usually run late due to slip and tray case delays as well as signature page timing. The shipping of the trade edition shouldn't be impacted by delays to other editions.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    I think the deluxe 'Salem's Lot is the classiest of all King limiteds.

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Nice to know that the portfolio will be numbered. I'll have a matching book & portfolio now!

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

I think the deluxe 'Salem's Lot is the classiest of all King limiteds.
    Funny, it's near the bottom for me. Other than the inane size and admittedly nice binding there's not much else going for it. To me it pales in comparison to The Stand or Eyes of the Dragon. There are quite a few S/L's that I'd rather keep than the Salem's Lot.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nyy3723a View Post
    Nice to know that the portfolio will be numbered. I'll have a matching book & portfolio now!
    Is that true, though? How do you know you will get matching numbers? Just an honest question, I probably missed some e-mails or posts on the forum, I have no idea.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If you ordered the s/l book and specified a number, then you can order the matching portfolio with the same number. You just have to tell Mindy.

John

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure that you could request a certain number if you have bought the S/L

Arghhh John beat me to it

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys. I figured it would be something like that but I must admit I haven't read CD's latest mailings that closely.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you think having the matching number portfolio will enhance the future value of the book? There are 750 s/l books but only 500 s/l portfolios, so only 500 matching sets could be had if everyone ordered their match. Still on the fence about this one...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I don't see any added value to having the matching numbers except it's kind of neat to do.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 890 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 633 ... LastLast