Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 890 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 422 462 512 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I used the CD discount today for the gift edition of "Faithful" eh saved 50%. CD sent me an email about the grab bag and told me the one book I'm getting is their Salem's Lot artist edition! I'm stoked on that. The second book would be on it's way in 90 days....2 months to go. So I loved the SK grab bag. Basically it was 300. I sold the Carrie proof for 330 and an advanced readers copy for 70. So I made 100 bucks and will keep Salem's Lot and whatever else they send .
    I don't suppose you sold your Carrie unbound proof to a guy in England.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Received email for the CDCC. 10% off David Morrell's "First Blood" signed limited and/or lettered. I purchased the lettered @ $180.00 Thanks CD!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just confirmed my order for 'Salem's Lot.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Got a shipping notice for my OOP Grab Bag.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Cool, let us know what you get. I am looking forward to seeing what they have for us.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too! Now, the wait...

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Jealous. Nothing yet, and I'm traveling for the next two weeks beginning on Saturday.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

any news on gone girl/faithful s/l?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ditto!

Received my Fangora today! Great book but stupid signature by one of the editors - just a scribble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    What an odd edition that would be.

No news on Gone Girl, unfortunately, but I will nudge the agent again soon about those signature sheets.

Some annoying news on Faithful, but my traycase vendor is working to fix a problem that came out of nowhere during production and I'll send out an official update once the problem has a firm solution. Until then, it's just a headache for me to enjoy alone.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    What an odd edition that would be.

No news on Gone Girl, unfortunately, but I will nudge the agent again soon about those signature sheets.

Some annoying news on Faithful, but my traycase vendor is working to fix a problem that came out of nowhere during production and I'll send out an official update once the problem has a firm solution. Until then, it's just a headache for me to enjoy alone.

Brian
    Only because at this point you all expect it, but with regards to "Faithful", Awwwwww!!! LOL

I wouldn't want to disappoint. Now go bid on a HF item!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Only because at this point you all expect it, but with regards to "Faithful", Awwwwww!!! LOL

Given the problems I've had with production on this book, I kind of assumed you had made voodoo doll of either me or, somehow, the book itself -- and you've been busy poking that thing in the eyes!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Given the problems I've had with production on this book, I kind of assumed you had made voodoo doll of either me or, somehow, the book itself -- and you've been busy poking that thing in the eyes!

Brian
    How did you find out??? Do you have "people"????? LOL

Now, donate something to the HF and I'll burn the doll and not the book. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Brian
    How did you find out??? Do you have "people"????? LOL

Now, donate something to the HF and I'll burn the doll and not the book. LOL
    HA!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I see some purchased Faithfull with the recent 50% off deal. I didn't even think of using it for faithfull. Not a bad deal!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I see some purchased Faithfull with the recent 50% off deal. I didn't even think of using it for faithfull. Not a bad deal!
    Remember all the proceeds for the sale of Faithful go to charity. I actually used a previous 50% off code to buy my copy (and apologized to Brian for doing so). My funds were pretty low at that point and it was the only way I could afford to secure a copy. In my defense I DID purchase the more limited edition which meant the charity got more than if I had bought the regular one.

So, although I am in no position to be 'holier than thou' on this, if you can afford to pay full price for this book, please do so and use the code for something else.

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the "Books to Benefit" organisation.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Remember all the proceeds for the sale of Faithful go to charity. I actually used a previous 50% off code to buy my copy (and apologized to Brian for doing so). My funds were pretty low at that point and it was the only way I could afford to secure a copy. In my defense I DID purchase the more limited edition which meant the charity got more than if I had bought the regular one.

So, although I am in no position to be 'holier than thou' on this, if you can afford to pay full price for this book, please do so and use the code for something else.
    A minimum of thirty percent of the retail price from this special edition will be donated to The Haven Foundation and to organizations that promote cancer care and research.
    If I'm reading and understanding this correctly, it doesn't matter what consumers pay with discounts and such if the amount given to the charity is based on the retail price of each book sold.

I'm sure Brian will correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm reading and understanding this correctly, it doesn't matter what consumers pay with discounts and such if the amount given to the charity is based on the retail price of each book sold.

I'm sure Brian will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Sure, that's right. I accounted for how many people usually use coupons when I ran the numbers for the project. That 30% should leave just about $0 in the bank account for the project after the donations, which was the goal. All the money to the rights holders and the causes.

Of course, if more people than expected use coupons, or if some of the retailers don't pay for their books (this happens about 10% of the time), I'll make up the difference out of pocket so that the groups get what they are owed. Depending on how much of a pinch that cost puts me in personally, it will probably kill project #2, which will bum a lot of people out when they hear what it was going to be.

Brian

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah OK. Good to hear the charity doesn't suffer.

Fingers X'd you got you calculations right Brian
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Ah OK. Good to hear the charity doesn't suffer.

Fingers X'd you got you calculations right Brian
    The numbers have actually fallen right in line where I expected, which is reassuring. But it's a good thing I don't have an office or employees to pay for because there's no way 30% would have been possible for a real business... ha!

Brian

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to promote buying the book at a discount at the expense of charity or Brian's pocket. I was just really pointing out that I hadn't considered the discount applying to the book as I didn't see it as a CD production. Kinda like how the discounts don't often apply to LRB publications.

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to promote buying the book at a discount at the expense of charity or Brian's pocket. I was just really pointing out that I hadn't considered the discount applying to the book as I didn't see it as a CD production. Kinda like how the discounts don't often apply to LRB publications.
    It's all good. There are just 25 copies left to sell, and everyone at The Haven Foundation and The Jimmy Fund seem very pleased with how things have turned out!

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you come up shy, I'll buy two books at double price.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If you come up shy, I'll buy two books at double price.
    That is awesome of you, Jerome! YOU ROCK!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Randall Flagg again.

Someone please give RF some rep points for that...

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a suggestion but maybe something related to Randall Flagg could be on the GE cover for 'The Stand'?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 890 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 422 462 512 ... LastLast