Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 709 of 890 FirstFirst ... 209 609 659 699 707 708 709 710 711 719 759 809 ... LastLast
Results 17,701 to 17,725 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We definitely have tried other printers over the years. We're rarely satisfied with the combination of service, cost, and production quality.
    This I can believe. How you (and other small presses) are able to find that balance at the print runs you typically handle consistently amazes me.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Seriously.... that's your answer "Ask Richard"
    Yeah, kind of? He owns the company and he sets the schedule.

I push the books through production, I let him know when each book is printer ready, and then he picks which ones to start and when to start them. I give my input when I can, but I really have no additional information about how he decides... but Richard has *all* the information because he's the guy who actually makes the decisions.

If you ask him, you might receive the information you're seeking. If you ask me, this is my complete answer with all of the information I have to provide. So, yes, I guess I would say, "ask Richard," if you want more details than this.

Brian
    OK, guess I'm ok with that.
    I not really a Facebook kinda person. (once in a while I'll tap into my wife's when she lets me)
    Does Richard have a link thru the DT.org site?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    OK, guess I'm ok with that.
    I not really a Facebook kinda person. (once in a while I'll tap into my wife's when she lets me)
    Does Richard have a link thru the DT.org site?
    I've actually been trying to talk Richard into doing an Ask Me Anything sort of thing just for this site. Not quite sure how we'd work it, he's not a message board person at all (in fact, he's not much into technology -- when he got onto Facebook and then Twitter, we all asked if he was feeling all right), but it's an idea I've floated a few times. I think it would prove to be a popular thing to at least try. Perhaps I should float the idea again next week?

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Years ago when CD was having major problems meeting pub dates you started visiting this site and over time were able to utilize the feedback provided to help restore CD's reputation. If Richard doesn't visit this site/thread he should start. If he does he should respond to the questions being asked.
    I really do think it would be great for Richard to be here in general -- this entire message board is full of conversations I know he would just love.

He's never been into message boards, and like I said in another reply, everyone who knows him was genuinely shocked when he started onto Facebook and Twitter (and then he really embraced them -- I'm still stunned!), but I do agree with you 100%!

I've told him about how MANY of our really great collectors participate here. Many of you are the most "old school" CD collectors I know: people who bought from the PAPER FLYERS we used to mail out in the pre-Internet days! People who used to email with Richard at his AOL address that was the only email address we had for the website!

I think he really would enjoy participating here if I could convince him to give it a try.

Also, whenever there was a question that neither Dan or I are really "able" to answer, then Richard could pop in with his two cents. I'd love that!

I'll bring up the idea next week when we're all back at the office. I'm inspired to try again, ha!

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It truly is the "Ides of August" today. Many a person (here on the boards, and in my personal life-including myself) just is "off" today.
    It really has been a very weird day in a lot of ways. No idea why, but I guess "hooray!" for September to arrive tomorrow? Although it's hard to believe September is already here. As I get older, the years are just zooming past.

Brian

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Hey so what’s this I heard about a bank in Michigan producing special editions of SB? :ballkick:
    Can you get your number/letter?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Hey so what’s this I heard about a bank in Michigan producing special editions of SB? :ballkick:
    I don’t know. You’ll have to ask Dick.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Yes, but they're using 19 different colors of ink for the numbering and lettering, so...

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

This may have been posted here already, but the Limited and Lettered Editions of The Listener should start shipping tomorrow or Thursday. I'm just waiting to hear back from 2 or 3 people clarifying their vague number requests and we'll be good to go.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

and both grab bags?

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    This may have been posted here already, but the Limited and Lettered Editions of The Listener should start shipping tomorrow or Thursday. I'm just waiting to hear back from 2 or 3 people clarifying their vague number requests and we'll be good to go.
    Thanks for the update, Dan! I ordered the limited edition and I can't wait to finally get my hands on it!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    and both grab bags?
    We're shipping the one that came with a tote bag now. The other one on my current "to ship" list is the 3rd of 4 grab bags sold as part of a "grab bag club" at the end of last year (I think). That one won't ship until after The Listener though. Is there another grab bag you're referring to?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and both grab bags?
    We're shipping the one that came with a tote bag now. The other one on my current "to ship" list is the 3rd of 4 grab bags sold as part of a "grab bag club" at the end of last year (I think). That one won't ship until after The Listener though. Is there another grab bag you're referring to?
    I'm not sure which ones he's referring to, but there are at least 4 grab bags outstanding, by my count: the last two grab bags of the "grab bag club" (which you mentioned), an "Early Reader's Forthcoming Grab Bag 2018" that was sold in May, and "A New Early Reader's Forthcoming Grab Bag 2018" that was sold last month. I'm not sure if any of these are the one with the tote, or if that's one that I didn't get.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    and both grab bags?
    I'm not sure which ones he's referring to, but there are at least 4 grab bags outstanding, by my count: the last two grab bags of the "grab bag club" (which you mentioned), an "Early Reader's Forthcoming Grab Bag 2018" that was sold in May, and "A New Early Reader's Forthcoming Grab Bag 2018" that was sold last month. I'm not sure if any of these are the one with the tote, or if that's one that I didn't get.
    The Early Readers from May shipped awhile ago. Let me know if you didn't get it and I can look into it. Gonna be a bit yet on the Early Readers Grab Bag from August, I believe the ARC printer is working on some of those ARCs now. The two grab bag club bags, one should be shipping in the next 2 weeks and the last one should be shipping closer to the end of the year.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=DanHocker;1122219][QUOTE=lotuz;1122213]

The Early Readers from May shipped awhile ago. Let me know if you didn't get it and I can look into it. Gonna be a bit yet on the Early Readers Grab Bag from August, I believe the ARC printer is working on some of those ARCs now. The two grab bag club bags, one should be shipping in the next 2 weeks and the last one should be shipping closer to the end of the year.

Which one was this:
    New Forthcoming Grab Bag for 2018!
    X_GB043018

an "Early Reader's Forthcoming Grab Bag 2018" that was sold in May
    I believe that one shipped a while back, so if you ordered and didn't receive it, definitely drop Mindy a line and she'll figure out what went wrong! Her addy is order@cemeterydance.com or you reply to your order confirmation if you keep them all in a folder like I do.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Which one was this:
    New Forthcoming Grab Bag for 2018!
    X_GB043018
    That one featured three forthcoming books, which have not been published yet. (A fun batch of books, though, if I do say so myself!)

Brian

INTEROFFICE MEMO:

Dan,

We should do some more Grab Bags. They're SO easy to keep track of and they never, ever cause confusion.

Also, I think the next one should include some kind of stuffed animal. Maybe a sexy vampire or a scary ghost? Let's work on a prototype next week.

Brian
    [dictated but not read]

INTEROFFICE MEMO:

Dan,

We should do some more Grab Bags. They're SO easy to keep track of and they never, ever cause confusion.

Also, I think the next one should include some kind of stuffed animal. Maybe a sexy vampire or a scary ghost? Let's work on a prototype next week.

Brian
    [dictated but not read]
    I believe the reply to something like that would be "screw you" or "hell no" or something along those lines. Then again I don't get to complain since the most recent grab bag was my idea...

INTEROFFICE MEMO:

Dan,

Brian
    [dictated but not read]
    I believe the reply to something like that would be "screw you" or "hell no" or something along those lines. Then again I don't get to complain since the most recent grab bag was my idea...
    Once you start thinking about Grab Bags, it's hard to stop. You just don't turn it off!

Brian

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

an "Early Reader's Forthcoming Grab Bag 2018" that was sold in May
    I believe that one shipped a while back, so if you ordered and didn't receive it, definitely drop Mindy a line and she'll figure out what went wrong! Her addy is order@cemeterydance.com or you reply to your order confirmation if you keep them all in a folder like I do.

Brian
    Dan cleared it up for me! I keep track of my outstanding orders by saving my order confirmation in a folder - when I get the shipping confirmation for that order, I note it, and remove both. For some reason, I didn't get a shipping confirmation for that particular order number. But it did indeed ship, and I do have the books! It's a little harder to tell for the grab bags because I don't know what's coming, and I generally have more than one on order at a time...

Thanks, guys! Looking forward to the next one.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Please forgive me if you're still waiting on the artwork, but how is the publishing of Strange Weather looking?

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Brian,

Please forgive me if your still waiting on the artwork, but how is the publishing of Strange Weather looking?

Thank you so much!
    Sending my monthly nudge on the artwork today, actually. It's a tough situation with the author's choice of artist, who had a problem this year that we're very sympathetic about. Not much more I can say, unfortunately. But thank you for your patience! I'm very much looking forward to getting this set done for everyone.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 709 of 890 FirstFirst ... 209 609 659 699 707 708 709 710 711 719 759 809 ... LastLast