Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 890 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 432 472 522 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    i personally do not like two book sets! That's the reason i do not own a s/l set of the Gunslinger series. I am not a fan of two volume sets. Just my opinion.
    That the only reason you don't own a set?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    i personally do not like two book sets! That's the reason i do not own a s/l set of the Gunslinger series. I am not a fan of two volume sets. Just my opinion.
    I had Set #214 Dark Tower III - TWTTK It was only $3900 at the time. It sat on my shelf for months and i kept looking at it. It annoyed me so bad, i contacted DAvid and Betts and he sold it for me. I was able to buy alot of other "more" desirable books at the time.

I will eventually get back to owning a set, but that is the lowest item on my priority list!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That would not stop me from owning any book.. just love the look of the single S/L Stand... that should not hold you back from owning that!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian

Last years book club included two special edition books that were only going to be given to book club members. Any updates on the status of these two books? I haven't really heard anything about them at all. When should we expect to see these books?

Thanks
    Aron

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That would not stop me from owning any book.. just love the look of the single S/L Stand... that should not hold you back from owning that!!!
    I agree. I have no problem with two book sets. Sure, a single massive volume of The Stand would look great, but split into two volumes will be just as desirable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Hey Brian

Last years book club included two special edition books that were only going to be given to book club members. Any updates on the status of these two books? I haven't really heard anything about them at all. When should we expect to see these books?

Thanks
    Aron
    Here are the latest updates!

Underground by Al Sarrantonio (Cemetery Dance Book Club #4):
    The artwork is completed, the signature sheets are designed, and the book is being proofread for a 2015 publication date.

Waiting by Rick Hautala (Cemetery Dance Book Club #4):
    The artwork is in the works, the signature sheets have been signed, and the book is being proofread.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Thanks for the update. The two books you mentioned though are not the two books that were stated when the book club membership was promoted. Was there a change in these books? If so, was there a notice sent out? Perhaps I missed that.

Here are the two books that were advertised with the book club.

The Exorcist For the 21st Century by William Peter Blatty and Stephen King Limited by Kevin Quigley

Thanks,
    Aron

Brian,

Thanks for the update. The two books you mentioned though are not the two books that were stated when the book club membership was promoted. Was there a change in these books? If so, was there a notice sent out? Perhaps I missed that.

Here are the two books that were advertised with the book club.

The Exorcist For the 21st Century by William Peter Blatty and Stephen King Limited by Kevin Quigley

Thanks,
    Aron
    Ah, I thought you meant the previous club. Those books are still in production. Asking for updates by the title of the book and not the deal will help get a more accurate answer.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Hi Brian,

I have a couple of questions regarding the future Doubleday Years books...

I absolutely adored the paper stock that was used for Carrie - both the ultra white color and extra thick weight, and was wondering if the rest of the series will have similar grade paper? I realise that extra heavy paper may cause a few problems when printing The Stand, but would you still be able to use ultra white colored paper for the rest of the series, as it really does look fantastic?

Will the future books in the series have the same red colored traycases like Carrie, in order to be uniform? Or will each book be more individual in theme with a different colored traycase?
    We've been told that this particular stock is still being produced and we've asked to be notified if they plan to discontinue. There are actually two other options that are so similar I suspect almost no one would notice the difference if it came to that, but my hope is to have this available to us for the next few years.

What we'll do for The Stand is still to be determined... It may need to be two volumes on this paper stock because the binder can only bind up to certain thickness. We've heard some pretty negative feedback over the years from collectors about other special editions that had to be split like that, but we've also heard from collectors who thought it made the edition more special/unique than the trade. We'll have to see. Splitting a book into two volumes like that raises the retail price because your printer is binding two separate books and the set-up and binding process is a large cost. Even if we have to change the paper stock for The Stand, it'll still be a much nicer paper than the usual trade editions of that particular book.

As to your last question, the cases will be tailored to the book's artwork. We didn't want to lock any artist into a particular color scheme for their covers.

Best,
    Brian

I have never had an opportunity to see The Stand limited edition but from all accounts it appears to be a top notch production with nary a complaint about the quality/weight of the paper used. Might not the same or similar caliber paper be available and, if so, be acceptable for CD edition? I would much rather have one volume as that is how it was originally published. Better yet, just go with the 1978 version!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

If it is the doubleday books, i was expecting the 1978 version!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I am glad that The Stand will be the full uncut version.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping for the original 1978 version too but am looking forward to seeing what CD come up with. Its been quite a time since I read it, so can't really recall if there is a clear break in the story half way through that would compliment a two volume approach?

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Is the original Stand even being reprinted anymore?

All the new paperbacks I see at the store are the revised updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Hi Brian,

I have a couple of questions regarding the future Doubleday Years books...

I absolutely adored the paper stock that was used for Carrie - both the ultra white color and extra thick weight, and was wondering if the rest of the series will have similar grade paper? I realise that extra heavy paper may cause a few problems when printing The Stand, but would you still be able to use ultra white colored paper for the rest of the series, as it really does look fantastic?

Will the future books in the series have the same red colored traycases like Carrie, in order to be uniform? Or will each book be more individual in theme with a different colored traycase?
    We've been told that this particular stock is still being produced and we've asked to be notified if they plan to discontinue. There are actually two other options that are so similar I suspect almost no one would notice the difference if it came to that, but my hope is to have this available to us for the next few years.

What we'll do for The Stand is still to be determined... It may need to be two volumes on this paper stock because the binder can only bind up to certain thickness. We've heard some pretty negative feedback over the years from collectors about other special editions that had to be split like that, but we've also heard from collectors who thought it made the edition more special/unique than the trade. We'll have to see. Splitting a book into two volumes like that raises the retail price because your printer is binding two separate books and the set-up and binding process is a large cost. Even if we have to change the paper stock for The Stand, it'll still be a much nicer paper than the usual trade editions of that particular book.

As to your last question, the cases will be tailored to the book's artwork. We didn't want to lock any artist into a particular color scheme for their covers.

Best,
    Brian

I have never had an opportunity to see The Stand limited edition but from all accounts it appears to be a top notch production with nary a complaint about the quality/weight of the paper used. Might not the same or similar caliber paper be available and, if so, be acceptable for CD edition? I would much rather have one volume as that is how it was originally published. Better yet, just go with the 1978 version!
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Debating getting a copy of Faithful even though I'm not a Red Sox fan. Overall, how is the look and quality of the gift edition?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Is the original Stand even being reprinted anymore?

All the new paperbacks I see at the store are the revised updated version.
    That's because the full uncut version of The Stand is far superior!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Debating getting a copy of Faithful even though I'm not a Red Sox fan. Overall, how is the look and quality of the gift edition?
    I don't have one, but all the photos I have seen have made me consider getting one too, as it does look like a nice production. I have no interest in the subject matter either...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy. The usual excellent Cemetery Dance type quality

Debating getting a copy of Faithful even though I'm not a Red Sox fan.
    I have several copies and I certainly not a Red Sox fan!

There are some photos here if that would help, just click on each photo for a larger view:

http://www.bookstobenefit.com/2014/1...k-peek-photos/

I do want to warn you that my printer screwed up the dummy book and the sizing for the slipcase is off a little. The slipcase is a little too big (left to right), which is a turn off for some collectors. But the feedback on everything else has been very positive, for what that's worth.

CD has about 10 copies left of the Gift Edition. I know a few other stores have one or two.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king104

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,

Is there any chance that you could follow up Faithful with a book on the sheer brilliance of the Yankees?

You could call it "Pride, Power and Pinstripes" and get Derek Jeter to sign the limitation page for the S/L. I would DEFINITELY buy that!!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,

Is there any chance that you could follow up Faithful with a book on the sheer brilliance of the Yankees?

You could call it "Pride, Power and Pinstripes" and get Derek Jeter to sign the limitation page for the S/L. I would DEFINITELY buy that!!!

Ugh. Please don't!!

The Exorcist For the 21st Century by William Peter Blatty
    Hey Aron,

It's funny you asked about this one today because this piece of artwork just landed on my desk:

Brian

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Debating getting a copy of Faithful even though I'm not a Red Sox fan.
    I have several copies and I certainly not a Red Sox fan!

There are some photos here if that would help, just click on each photo for a larger view:

http://www.bookstobenefit.com/2014/1...k-peek-photos/

I do want to warn you that my printer screwed up the dummy book and the sizing for the slipcase is off a little. The slipcase is a little too big (left to right), which is a turn off for some collectors. But the feedback on everything else has been very positive, for what that's worth.

CD has about 10 copies left of the Gift Edition. I know a few other stores have one or two.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king104

Brian
    You're a very good salesman Brian!! I just ordered a copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, it burns real purty!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I have a copy. The usual excellent Cemetery Dance type quality
    can confirm that - its a fantastic book - have some pics in my collection

Traveler biblio.phage is on a distinguished road biblio.phage's Avatar

Any update--or can you post a teaser--on the Friday the 13th/13lb. Grab Bags?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 890 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 432 472 522 ... LastLast