Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 890 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 545 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,125 of 22247

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

FK slipcase ordered.

John

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just a note! The good folks at CD have extended Finders Keepers slipcases orders for one week... so for all you that are getting signed copies... we know how sweet the cases they make are... GET YOUR ORDERS in now... you have a week
    The sooner, the better, just because I can't change the order after we've delivered all of the files and they start ordering material!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Revival slipcase arrived... another great one and fits perfectly as always
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just curious how close are the gift editions to Carrie and 'Salem's Lot to selling out?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just curious how close are the gift editions to Carrie and 'Salem's Lot to selling out?
    I saw that too. Makes me want to wait for the other gift editions as well when they pop up for sale, such as "The Stand." Several days ago I got the offer to match my # artist editions with the other 2 books of Carrie and Salem's Lot for the upcoming The Stand. I didn't have the money to do so at the moment . So, I'll just wait until I get the second email to do so to order it regardless. I know I'm not answering specifics on your question, just talking lol.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am surprised Salems has not. They will probably not hold their value well because of it....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I am surprised Salems has not. They will probably not hold their value well because of it....
    I know. That's why I'm going to wait on The Stand gift edition after people starting throwing it on ebay or CD has discounts for it. I accidentally bought Carrie gift edition twice, but the second copy was at 40-50% off as I do not remember which. I threw it on ebay and sold it....eventually for 60.00. That took over a month to do. 3000 copies and you figured people would be inclined to want a limited print run of a iconic story with a slipcase to boot. Guess not.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Be nice if the gifts were limited to half that.. But they need to make cash-o-la
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I know the 'It' Gift Edition took over a year to sell out and that's pretty hard to find now.

I do think that A.) they are unsigned gift editions and B.) other gift editions have been released in the past might be why some collectors are lax to pick them up.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I saw that too. Makes me want to wait for the other gift editions as well when they pop up for sale, such as "The Stand." Several days ago I got the offer to match my # artist editions with the other 2 books of Carrie and Salem's Lot for the upcoming The Stand. I didn't have the money to do so at the moment . So, I'll just wait until I get the second email to do so to order it regardless. I know I'm not answering specifics on your question, just talking lol.
    Did you get this offer for The Stand or The Shining? I thought The Shining was the next release.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Did you get this offer for The Stand or The Shining? I thought The Shining was the next release.
    Sorry, my mistake. The Shining, you are right. Surprised they are releasing this again so was what I was thinking. Maybe next month there will be another The Shining too.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You never can tell.

It did not sell out pre-publication, and look at what a GE sells for nowadays.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I know the 'It' Gift Edition took over a year to sell out and that's pretty hard to find now.

I do think that A.) they are unsigned gift editions and B.) other gift editions have been released in the past might be why some collectors are lax to pick them up.
    Also a lower print run on IT, I believe. I ordered the GE edition early for each of the Doubleday years books. Really hoping to get a Maitz remarque if it's offered. Really wish I hadn't missed out on the Palumbo remarque...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I
    You never can tell.

I agree Tippy but 3000 is double the run of that is it not?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I
    You never can tell.

There were 2750 copies of the IT gift edition done.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I
    You never can tell.

There were 2750 copies of the IT gift edition done.

John
    The Catalog is your friend...IT

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Re: CD's SK Gift Editions: As these are GIFT editions, not signed limited editions, and intended as an affordable edition of a beautiful book- specifically for true bibliophiles who can't afford upwards of $500 for a nice book- I'd wish they'd print as many as they can (and still stay solvent), and offer them for years. I dislike the idea of them becoming "Collector's Items"- leave that for the signed limiteds. I am very grateful towards CD for doing these, and wish that they would be available at cover price for as long as there are people out there who want to read a beautiful copy of 'SALEM'S LOT, or THE STAND (I'd say THE SHINING, but CD is going to be hard pressed to beat Subterranean's gift edition as an object to hold and read, but.. who knows?).

Ron

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Re: CD's SK Gift Editions: As these are GIFT editions, not signed limited editions, and intended as an affordable edition of a beautiful book- specifically for true bibliophiles who can't afford upwards of $500 for a nice book- I'd wish they'd print as many as they can (and still stay solvent), and offer them for years. I dislike the idea of them becoming "Collector's Items"- leave that for the signed limiteds. I am very grateful towards CD for doing these, and wish that they would be available at cover price for as long as there are people out there who want to read a beautiful copy of 'SALEM'S LOT, or THE STAND (I'd say THE SHINING, but CD is going to be hard pressed to beat Subterranean's gift edition as an object to hold and read, but.. who knows?).

Ron
    Are you suggesting additional printings?

They have to limit the first printing due to business/economic considerations.

I can see a publication like the "IT" gift edition doing fairly well with an additional printing. That second printing would probably be a smaller run than the first though which might make it collectible.

Brian's opinion on this will be interesting. Why haven't they had more second printings?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

Ron
    Are you suggesting additional printings?

They have to limit the first printing due to business/economic considerations.

I can see a publication like the "IT" gift edition doing fairly well with an additional printing. That second printing would probably be a smaller run than the first though which might make it collectible.

Brian's opinion on this will be interesting. Why haven't they had more second printings?
    I'd say it's a pretty good bet that you already nailed the reason, it's contractual.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Also if there were no printing limit I guess the question would be how profitable it would be in the long run for CD. As it is It's GE was "only" a little less than 3,000 and it took well over year to fully sell out.

What might be a nice compromise if it were possible for the two publishers (CD and whoever owns the current hardcover rights) were to release something akin what Doubleday did for the 'Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition'. It was a trade hardcover that contained the artwork and bonus features present in the original Centipede Press. It's still a beautiful book and the 'premium' edition wouldn't lose any value.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also if there were no printing limit I guess the question would be how profitable it would be in the long run for CD. As it is It's GE was "only" a little less than 3,000 and it took well over year to fully sell out.

What might be a nice compromise if it were possible for the two publishers (CD and whoever owns the current hardcover rights) were to release something akin what Doubleday did for the 'Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition'. It was a trade hardcover that contained the artwork and bonus features present in the original Centipede Press. It's still a beautiful book and the 'premium' edition wouldn't lose any value.
    There's a good idea, but I would think, King limited them to a certain number. JMHO Brian, will know definitively.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received shipping notice for Carrie lettered.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Just received shipping notice for Carrie lettered.
    Yep. UPS ones left today, the rest will leave tomorrow.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan
    any leftover?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here happen to have October Dreams 2 letter M reserved? If so, would you be willing to work out a trade for a different letter? I pre-ordered the lettered edition of October Dreams 2 and just picked up October Dreams letter M. I was hoping to get matching letters, but unfortunately letter M is already reserved. Sorry for interrupting; figured it was worth a shot
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 890 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 545 ... LastLast