Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 890 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 695 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

I had a nice surprise on my doorstep last night when I got home. My Lettered IT came and it is as awesome as the pictures make it look. It is big as hell and gorgeous. The materials on every part of it are first rate. The traycase may be one of best I've seen come out of CD.

All in all, I am very pleased with the product. I am planning to sit down with it tonight and review it more in depth.

Letter Y by the way.

I hope everyone else is enjoying theirs!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by texgunslinger View Post
    I had a nice surprise on my doorstep last night when I got home. My Lettered IT came and it is as awesome as the pictures make it look. It is big as hell and gorgeous. The materials on every part of it are first rate. The traycase may be one of best I've seen come out of CD.

All in all, I am very pleased with the product. I am planning to sit down with it tonight and review it more in depth.

Letter Y by the way.

I hope everyone else is enjoying theirs!
    I have the S/L and it is truly a "Masterpiece". I can only imagine how nice the Lettered copy is!!! Congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Hey guys @ CD (and Mindy of course): The UK S/L of The Twelve is seemingly not including a slipcase as the S/L of The Passage did. http://www.goldsborobooks.com/search...nin+the+twelve

I'd buy a slipcase or traycase for my copies for sure if you produced some!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Hey guys @ CD (and Mindy of course): The UK S/L of The Twelve is seemingly not including a slipcase as the S/L of The Passage did. http://www.goldsborobooks.com/search...nin+the+twelve

Hint, hint!!! Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

That's a very subtle hint and nudge!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

That's a very subtle hint and nudge!
    I'm nothing if, not discreet!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I would love a case for this as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Whoa 3 on board already? Nice.
    500 books will be completely NAKED without your help Brian!

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Hey CD,
    I got my lettered IT Saturday. Beautiful work and design but......
    I spent an hour yesterday moving shelves up/down trying to fit it in without
    losing a lot of space, I couldn't make it work so it went back in the box and got put in the closet with other
    CD lettered books. For future reference----YOU DON"T NEED TO MAKE THEM SO BIG!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Hey CD,
    I got my lettered IT Saturday. Beautiful work and design but......
    I spent an hour yesterday moving shelves up/down trying to fit it in without
    losing a lot of space, I couldn't make it work so it went back in the box and got put in the closet with other
    CD lettered books. For future reference----YOU DON"T NEED TO MAKE THEM SO BIG!
    This has been one of my pet peeves for a while now. I've got many nice books hidden away in a closet because they are just too big to display. Centipede Press is just as guilty.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a couple of people have the perfect excuse for a specific display case designed for a handful of awesome books....

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

I've just been displaying these on a separate shelf with them laid on their sides and stacked one on the other. Am I making a mistake by keeping them this way?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes - from experience I did that with my Salem's Lot edition in the Collectors traycase, and then I realised there was a very slight indent in the case as the weight of the other books squashed it a little.
    Just check to make sure you're not causing any damage...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a good idea to consider resizing the lettered editions.
    I would suggest CD consider something like The Stand S/L (not copying it, but using the concept and keeping the size in that range). Leave off the DJ on the lettered and put the money into interesting/unique/gorgeous binding materials for the book cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I would suggest CD consider something like The Stand S/L (not copying it, but using the concept and keeping the size in that range). Leave off the DJ on the lettered and put the money into interesting/unique/gorgeous binding materials for the book cover.
    I thought this binding material was interesting/unique/gorgeous:

For those who don't own a copy of the book, that's cromwell Black Flanders Grain leather binding on the spine and imported Asahi Japanese Bookcloth, Turquoise Blue, for the front and back cover binding.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, one of the nicest I have seen from CD, I just meant shrinking the book Height x Width (obviously thicker) so that even in the box it is not larger than The Stand.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I agree, one of the nicest I have seen from CD, I just meant shrinking the book Height x Width (obviously thicker) so that even in the box it is not larger than The Stand.
    Brian will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that even at this thickness we where pretty much maxing out the thickness our printer could do. I believe it's the thickest book we have ever published.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Brian will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that even at this thickness we where pretty much maxing out the thickness our printer could do. I believe it's the thickest book we have ever published.
    Yep, with the weight of the paper stock, they couldn't cram more pages in there. (You could technically get a higher page count with a cheaper/thinner paper, but the binding thickness is a thick as they can go.)

Brian

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't aware of your binding thickness capacity. Just food for thought and ideas to bounce around. What's the largest size book Charnel House has done; and did it come with a case?

I wasn't aware of your binding thickness capacity. Just food for thought and ideas to bounce around. What's the largest size book Charnel House has done; and did it come with a case?
    There was also the option of printing the book in two volumes, which I thought was an interesting concept, but that wasn't the preferred direction after getting feedback from everyone involved.

Feedback is always appreciated. You never know what ideas it might spark for the next project!

Brian

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There was also the option of printing the book in two volumes, which I thought was an interesting concept, but that wasn't the preferred direction after getting feedback from everyone involved.

Feedback is always appreciated. You never know what ideas it might spark for the next project!

Brian
    I see that Charnel House has a new offering, and they in fact had to make it two volumes each 7.5" x 10.5". Perhaps buyers have come to expect a case, but I love talking about making books.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

What's the largest size book Charnel House has done; and did it come with a case?
    Charnel House's largest book so far is Harlan Ellison's THE GLASS TEAT. The tray case is about 13" tall. For reference that is about 1/2" taller than the lettered BLOCKADE BILLY. The Odd Thomas books by Koontz are about 12 and 1/2" tall, including the case.

I see that Charnel House has a new offering, and they in fact had to make it two volumes each 7.5" x 10.5". Perhaps buyers have come to expect a case, but I love talking about making books.
    That one is being printed on 80 lb. Mohawk Superfine -- one of my favorite paper stocks!

Brian

I'm not sure to what book you are referring. If you are talking about Power's HIDE ME AMONG THE GRAVES I think when he states "two unique handbound editions" he means there is a lettered and a numbered state....not two volumes per state. Or maybe I am misreading the listing.

I like the size of the lettered editions. They're what a top shelf is for!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 890 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 695 ... LastLast