Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 890 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 442 842 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Odd.
    Someone made a mistake on this one is my guess!

IDK, there are a lot of bids and it could be a mistake, but do you recall the VFB auction a month or so ago? It is strange nonetheless. You just never know.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Andrew Campbell is on a distinguished road Andrew Campbell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post

That is just crazy. I'm new here but I know that same book sold for like $50 on Betts recently. Why is this going for so much? Can anyone think of any reason at all? I notice that part of this high bidding is done with someone with a feedback of 2 but the current high bidder has a feedback rating of 163. Very curious. Good for CD I guess! Haha
    If the Seller was NOT Cemetery Dance, I would figure that there is a shill bidder, driving the price up. But the good folks at CD are the most reputable people on the planet. Thus, I have to conclude that someone has grossly overestimated the value of he book. Either that, or I can sell my signed Gift edition on Ebay and retire early.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Campbell View Post

That is just crazy. I'm new here but I know that same book sold for like $50 on Betts recently. Why is this going for so much? Can anyone think of any reason at all? I notice that part of this high bidding is done with someone with a feedback of 2 but the current high bidder has a feedback rating of 163. Very curious. Good for CD I guess! Haha
    If the Seller was NOT Cemetery Dance, I would figure that there is a shill bidder, driving the price up. But the good folks at CD are the most reputable people on the planet. Thus, I have to conclude that someone has grossly overestimated the value of he book. Either that, or I can sell my signed Gift edition on Ebay and retire early.
    I never thought that CD had a hand in this outrageous price. I just hope it isn't someone with any kind of vendetta against CD. It could be one person or two people driving up the price and if the low feedback score person wins they might just not pay. That would be pretty dickish and then CD would have to relist without the advertisement or do something else with it. The rest of the auctions look pretty legit, the one's Im following anyways.

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said, Erin!

John
    Thanks!

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

*ahem* I second Rachel and raise you one Harrison Ryan...
    Couldn't agree more, Dick.
    I agree--I particularly like Harrison Ryan's drawings, and have no trouble at all imagining his illustrations gracing a TWWTK-like project: graphic novels maybe? His wood-cuts are also beautiful, and his pencil drawings!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As for my own work, I know some changes are afoot; there may very well be a shift in its focus, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it leads.
    What? What??? (curls himself into a little ball in the dark corner of the room and begins mumbling incoherently while speed-twiddling his thumbs)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Campbell View Post

I never thought that CD had a hand in this outrageous price. I just hope it isn't someone with any kind of vendetta against CD. It could be one person or two people driving up the price and if the low feedback score person wins they might just not pay. That would be pretty dickish and then CD would have to relist without the advertisement or do something else with it. The rest of the auctions look pretty legit, the one's Im following anyways.
    You can have my insomnia gift edition right now for 1,000. Lol WTF...

Yeah, that was my thought, too. We know the high bidder very well, and I sent a message to the other bidder (with a feedback score of 2) via the eBay messaging system. We'll be canceling the bids for the second bidder here this morning. If that second bidder really wants the book, we'll find a second copy to sell them at a more reasonable price. I think I have a spare from my dealings with Mark Z over the years. But that price is ludicrous and either the result of confusion or drunk bidding.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yeah, that was my thought, too. We know the high bidder very well, and I sent a message to the other bidder (with a feedback score of 2) via the eBay messaging system. We'll be canceling the bids for the second bidder here this morning. If that second bidder really wants the book, we'll find a second copy to sell them at a more reasonable price. I think I have a spare from my dealings with Mark Z over the years. But that price is ludicrous and either the result of confusion or drunk bidding.

Brian
    Or King sliced his hand in a cult signing and did the signature in blood....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Default CD Auctions

I'm glad someone is talking about these auctions. I was thinking the same thing about Insomnia. And while we're at it isn't $123 for a signed Horns by Joe Hill also crazy? Doesn't that usually go for $40-$45?

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    I'm glad someone is talking about these auctions. I was thinking the same thing about Insomnia. And while we're at it isn't $123 for a signed Horns by Joe Hill also crazy? Doesn't that usually go for $40-$45?
    I think that's more an artifact of CDs ability to get the notice out to more bidders than would otherwise see a particular eBay listing. It's a bit high, but not obscenely so, like the gift of Insomnia.

We're very pleased to announce our deluxe signed Limited Edition of A SIMPLE PLAN by Scott Smith, which is rolling at the printer and will ship in late July! Featuring cover artwork by Glen Orbik and an oversized page design, we think this one will be a hit with our collectors.

In addition, we’ll be publishing a special signed Limited Edition of THE RUINS by Scott Smith later this summer as well, and collectors who preorder A SIMPLE PLAN will get first shot at matching numbers/letters for their collection.

You can read more here if you'd like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/smith01

Brst,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

As soon as I receive the GC I ordered yesterday I'll place my order.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    As soon as I receive the GC I ordered yesterday I'll place my order.
    It should have been emailed at the same time as your order confirmation email. Send me an email and I'll look into it for you! brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Brian

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the way it's always worked in the past.

Email sent, thanks.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ESW View Post

I agree--I particularly like Harrison Ryan's drawings, and have no trouble at all imagining his illustrations gracing a TWWTK-like project: graphic novels maybe? His wood-cuts are also beautiful, and his pencil drawings!
    You're a gentle-lady and a scholar, Erin. That's very good of you!

I've been waiting for some pics to surface of your recent interior case art and the engraving you did for the "IT". I'll try to get permissions to post some pics -- they are worth waiting for!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been waiting for some pics to surface of your recent interior case art and the engraving you did for the "IT". I'll try to get permissions to post some pics -- they are worth waiting for!
    Thanks for your kind words. Mr. Pennywise! Ah, yes--Ol' Barrens Breath, the Canal Creeper...he is quite a character. Moody, though.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We're very pleased to announce our deluxe signed Limited Edition of A SIMPLE PLAN by Scott Smith, which is rolling at the printer and will ship in late July! Featuring cover artwork by Glen Orbik and an oversized page design, we think this one will be a hit with our collectors.

In addition, we’ll be publishing a special signed Limited Edition of THE RUINS by Scott Smith later this summer as well, and collectors who preorder A SIMPLE PLAN will get first shot at matching numbers/letters for their collection.

You can read more here if you'd like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/smith01

Brst,
    Brian
    I placed my order - I loved this book when it came out. Happy to get a signed edition.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I placed my order - I loved this book when it came out. Happy to get a signed edition.
    I'll likely pick up a copy as well (the odd cover font notwithstanding).

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Guess I spoke to soon about having number #217 for the new CD Doubleday releases I probably should have kept my mouth shut! Haha.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kudos to both Brian and to Erin for their work on this case. A member here purchased a S/L "IT" recently but it had a damaged case. It's such a nice publication, we had to protect it somehow. This is what we came up with....

It's made out of Cherry with a red velvet lining...

Brian allowed us to use the CD Logo on the spine and also gave permission to use their original art for the title....

Erin did both the interior art of 'Pennywise and the Standpipe' and the drawing for the cover engraving (note the books limitation number inside the balloon...)

www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice work, Erin and Dick! it looks great and has some nice touches.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Amazing work.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful! I think I need to add to one of your cases to my "want someday" list!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing work indeed!

A question for the collectors... Given a case like this, with a damaged traycase, or perhaps one would just prefer a Dolso masterpiece (as is the case for me)... How would that impact any future resale value? Would it be enhanced due to the lovely craftsmanship? Would it be decreased because the set "isn't complete" as published? Remain neutral?

Just curious. I've always admired Dolso's work and am considering commissioning a piece (or several) in the future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 890 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 442 842 ... LastLast