Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 890 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 630 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's the first intelligent thing Merl has ever said.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Nice, Shannon. Way to respect your fellow members!!!! LOL

Hey, maybe you can have Ms. Wells "draw" a TMSG for ya??????

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Perhaps we should leave "Ms. Wells" out of all this...what is a "TMSG" anyway?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Mist Snow Globe

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

TSMG=The Mist Snow Globe. A promotional item offered by Blockbuster video stores when the movie was first issued.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    TSMG=The Mist Snow Globe. A promotional item offered by Blockbuster video stores when the movie was first issued.

John
    Thank you...after reading some other posts here I figured.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    There's a radio station around here that claims, "We play - EVERYTHING!" (Although they certainly do NOT). My quote would be, "I collect - EVERYTHING!" I'll probably end up with every slipcase too. If I could just get that money tree to blossom!
    don't pee on your tree... then it'll blossom.

Like they say... Don't piss your money away.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ESW View Post

It was all in good fun. Shannon is a very good sport, as am I. Nothing malicious intended, but point well taken!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default No worries

It was all in good fun. Shannon is a very good sport, as am I. Nothing malicious intended, but point well taken!!!

No problem...I was being a bit facetious.
    TMSG seems to be a dear item; Are they rare?
    Cheers --E.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem...I was being a bit facetious.
    TMSG seems to be a dear item; Are they rare?
    Cheers --E.
    Not especially, but Shannon doesn't have one. Hence the banter!!! You may want to check out the "Travels of The Mist Snow Globe" thread!!! LOL

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...dful-Things%29
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any update on IT s/l lately?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh! I regret the day I ever said that I was looking for TMSG. Never again! Never again. lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh! I regret the day I ever said that I was looking for TMSG. Never again! Never again. lol
    Don't you men "never ever"?

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Too funny, then we would all would have missed out on a very entertaining TMSG thread.

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Just giving everything one more proofread while we wait for the signature sheets to fit into King's schedule. There's not much to report since everything is basically as done as it can be. Just need those sheets back and then it's off to the printer!

Best,
    Brian

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Just giving everything one more proofread while we wait for the signature sheets to fit into King's schedule. There's not much to report since everything is basically as done as it can be. Just need those sheets back and then it's off to the printer!

Best,
    Brian
    Sounds good. Thanks Brian for the update.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New signed anthology SK book up on the CD website - only 100 copies for $995 - http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/jones02

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

I posted this on the other thread discussing this edition:

I think I'm done with collecting King anthologies in limited editions. I'm sorry but this is nothing more than milking the collector. There is nothing about that book (other than the artificial scarcity) that warrants a $1k price tag, it's simply gouging.

I believe that I am going to officially call it quits on collecting any King signed anthologies. Look for what I currently own to show up in the classifieds soon.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you, Ric. I do like my older anthologies, but their prices were much more reasonable. $1000 is way too rich for me here. I can think of better books to buy for that (if I could).

Gunslinger Apprentice sublimicals is on a distinguished road sublimicals's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes that is overpriced for sure. It should be around $250 not $1000.00

We don't discuss pricing decisions because we do not publicly discuss our contracts, but this one isn't going to be normal edition and the price is appropriate for our costs and plans for the production.

This edition is signed by nearly 20 contributors, it will be bound in an expensive high-end material we never use for "normal" books, and we're using our "Stephen King" Lettered Edition case maker for the traycase, so it's going to be an ultra-deluxe edition.

In addition, this book is licensed from the UK publisher, who held the rights, and they need paid, and some of the authors require special payments to sign... so the cost of producing this edition before we even PRINT A SINGLE COPY is more than some people in thread think we should be charging.

If you feel the price is too high, that's absolutely your right -- but the idea that we (and PS Publishing) should sell any product at a LOSS doesn't make any sense at all.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.cemeterydance.com

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Brian,

No one would ever suggest that a publisher take a loss on a project. However, one has to ask: Why make this edition so expensive? No one asked for super-duper impossible to find materials or ultra-spiffy traycases. I'm sure that folks would rather have the book half the price with "lesser" materials. I just do not see a market for a $1k anthology regardless of how many authors signed it or how "rare" the materials are.

In addition, this book is licensed from the UK publisher, who held the rights, and they need paid, and some of the authors require special payments to sign... so the cost of producing this edition before we even PRINT A SINGLE COPY is more than some people in thread think we should be charging.
    Not all projects are worth doing. If the economics don't make sense, perhaps the appropriate choice is simply to walk away.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I would be happy to jump on CD if I thought it was too high...but while it IS high, I don't think it's TOO high.

Like Brian said, they have to negotiate contracts, etc., so I really doubt they're making a mammoth score on the book...especially if they're licensing a previous book, etc., etc.

On the other hand - a price like this so clearly limits the potential collectors at the possible expense of annoying collectors who can't afford it (or just people who think it's overpriced) that I'm not sure it offers much long-term benefit to the marketplace.

It's like concert tickets...I used to go to a lot of concerts for around $75 a ticket. Now, most shows tix of decent quality are like $200 or more...so maybe I'l go to one, or maybe none. And forget all the would-be concertgoers who now go to zero. The price basically killed the buzz.

Country
    Country Flag

I cant complain about anything. Im still extremely excited about the IT signed/limited coming out.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Brian,

No one would ever suggest that a publisher take a loss on a project. However, one has to ask: Why make this edition so expensive? No one asked for super-duper impossible to find materials or ultra-spiffy traycases. I'm sure that folks would rather have the book half the price with "lesser" materials. I just do not see a market for a $1k anthology regardless of how many authors signed it or how "rare" the materials are.

Not all projects are worth doing. If the economics don't make sense, perhaps the appropriate choice is simply to walk away.
    Couldn't have put it better! And i think a good example was the recent Earthling anathology that was signed by King, nicely produced for $250

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 890 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 630 ... LastLast