Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 890 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 616 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With a nod to Brian and CD's cases, if you miss out I got a rather nice case from Dave @ The Overlook for my US first. It glows in the dark too!!! I know what you're thinking, but it was rather tastefully done!!!! I'm very happy with it!!!! Great graphics!!! If anyone wants pics, PM me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    It is wierd to see CD selling prints of my OY trilogy commission.
    I had wondered who commissioned those -- but I guess it makes sense now! Alan did a beautiful job, didn't he? I think they're stunning paintings...

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com
    Yes Alan did a beautiful job on the Oy paintings, I started with the Oy and Jake and the experience with working on it with Alan was fun, and came out great, so I decided to make it a trilogy and I was was VERY pleased with the results.

Here is a pic of the framed originals for the Jake and Oy painting:

pencil drawing, light study and finished painting

Dave
    Wow!!! That is really cool!!!! Reminds me a lot of my "Show me your hands" disney cel piece:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Nice work on both!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Not sure how I missed this offer. Is this for the trade edition of FDNS? If so, I'd love to order one to protect my signed trade edition.
    Yep, it is. We offered them for a little time last summer before we knew we were going to be publishing the Limited. There will be some extras for the usual reasons (10% under/over production; to take care of damages in shipping, etc), so if anyone missed out, just drop me a line and I'll make sure we let you know as soon as we know how many extras there actually are. It could be as little as a couple or maybe two dozen or so.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Email sent. Thanks.

Love the Jake, Oy, and Dopey artwork!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts as to why Ray Bradbury didn't sign the limited edition of LEGACIES? Easton Press was able to get him to sign their recent edition of FAHRENHEIT 451. Just curious as he is the only living author not to sign LEGACIES.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was kind of wondering that too. He seems to sign a number of editions of PS Publishing. I wonder if they have some kind of "exclusive" for him.

John

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Any thoughts as to why Ray Bradbury didn't sign the limited edition of LEGACIES? Easton Press was able to get him to sign their recent edition of FAHRENHEIT 451. Just curious as he is the only living author not to sign LEGACIES.
    I will ask and see if anyone remembers. I know we have some other little things with him in the future, but we're not asking him to sign sheets for those projects. The last time I spoke with him, it sounded like his eyesight was going, which is really quite sad...

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know that Bradbury has been having a hard time, health wise for a while. His signature page counts with most of the houses that publish him regularly (PS, SubPress, Gauntlet) have trending downward for a while.

I would not be surprised if Easton has been holding on to those signature pages for a long time. I was in touch with EP customer service about a couple of other author signed books they published, in some cases years after the author has passed on. For authors they plan to work with more than once, they generally have them sign literally thousands of signature sheets. If you look at the limitation page for Fahrenheit (below), it mentions the book title nowhere on the page. Even the limitation itself, pre-printed on the bottom, could have been added at a later date given the crappy generic font differences.

I wish Mr. Bradbury the best of health for years to come, however. On any given day you ask me (depending on what I have been reading that month) he is more likely than not, my second favorite author after King. Always in my top 5. I would love to read more tales from him!

Hey gang!

We're going to be producing a slipcase for King's massive new novel from Scribner, which is entitled 11/22/63. If you're interested, you can read more here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/BreakingNews

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you going to produce a signed/limited edition too? :-)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please say yes!!

sk

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Are you going to produce a signed/limited edition too? :-)
    At this time, I've heard of no plans for a Limited Edition of this title.

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    I know that Bradbury has been having a hard time, health wise for a while. His signature page counts with most of the houses that publish him regularly (PS, SubPress, Gauntlet) have trending downward for a while.

I would not be surprised if Easton has been holding on to those signature pages for a long time. I was in touch with EP customer service about a couple of other author signed books they published, in some cases years after the author has passed on. For authors they plan to work with more than once, they generally have them sign literally thousands of signature sheets. If you look at the limitation page for Fahrenheit (below), it mentions the book title nowhere on the page. Even the limitation itself, pre-printed on the bottom, could have been added at a later date given the crappy generic font differences.

I wish Mr. Bradbury the best of health for years to come, however. On any given day you ask me (depending on what I have been reading that month) he is more likely than not, my second favorite author after King. Always in my top 5. I would love to read more tales from him!
    Great observation...

Yes, they'll be publishing Kurt Vonnegut books for years to come. A recent posthumous book, "Look at the Birdie" has an almost identical signature page - it does mention that it's a first edition, but no mention of the title.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey gang!

We're going to be producing a slipcase for King's massive new novel from Scribner, which is entitled 11/22/63. If you're interested, you can read more here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/BreakingNews

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Brian,

Do you have an idea as to how long you guys will be accepting Pre-orders for the Slipcases?

I want one, but would prefer to wait a little bit 30-45 days
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

I think it'll be at least another month or two because we haven't set an end date yet. I will post something here as soon as I know so anyone who wants to wait can do so!

Brian

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it'll be at least another month or two because we haven't set an end date yet. I will post something here as soon as I know so anyone who wants to wait can do so!

Brian
    Cool. Thank You!!!

So, you guys in a secret negotiation for the Limited? We won't tell a soul!!!!!! Will we guys?????

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh no, we wouldn't tell anyone
    Spoiler:
    who isn't here
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Yeah I could use a month or most likely two. I have spent a lot on some books here lately so I could use all the time I can get.
    Thank you Brian for doing this for all of us that like slipcases........but be really nice to get a traycase for it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post

Brian
    Yeah I could use a month or most likely two. I have spent a lot on some books here lately so I could use all the time I can get.
    Thank you Brian for doing this for all of us that like slipcases........but be really nice to get a traycase for it.
    If you want a Truly unique Traycase for it, see Dolso at bookslipcase.com
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Any production updates on the slipcases for the trade edition of FDNS?

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Any production updates on the slipcases for the trade edition of FDNS?
    Yep, they are due in this month from our slipcase maker!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    My memory is a bit vague on this, but wasn't/isn't CD going to produce a slipcase for Full Dark No Stars, like they did for Under the Dome?
    I believe I even ordered one....

sk
    Yep, they are due in next month from our slipcase maker!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    YAY! FINALLY! (jk)

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I've lost interest in aftermarket slipcases. I do enjoy the quality of the cases that come with the limiteds & gift ed. I prefer the book to be shelved as it was originally released.
    Just my opinion......Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    I've lost interest in aftermarket slipcases. I do enjoy the quality of the cases that come with the limiteds & gift ed. I prefer the book to be shelved as it was originally released.
    Just my opinion......Brian.
    Everyone's different! Some of our customers really love the cases for their trades and others don't care for the idea at all.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Hey gang!

We're doing some revamp work on the Cemetery Dance website this year, so please feel free to email me with any critiques of the website or checkout process that you might have, and I'll keep it all in mind during the design and planning phase. Looking at the site ten times a day and using the checkout every week to test new products, I don't "see" it the same way a customer might. So if there's any feature you'd like added, or anything that bugs you, let me know and I will do my best. Not everything is possible with our current software, but you never know unless you ask.

*Please* use my direct email instead of posting here or sending PMs, just so I can keep all of the notes organized: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 890 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 616 ... LastLast