Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 262 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like Ari said. I'll be happy to put a picture after the publication though

My copy is numbered, although at first i thought it was a date... but na, it can't be a date ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Head over to my site for pictures of the galley. I got permission to publish them as well as how many copies there are.

Lilja

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Lilja!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Lilja. The listing in the first post has been updated.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Head over to my site for pictures of the galley. I got permission to publish them as well as how many copies there are.

Lilja

So that explains that weird number...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What weird number?

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's an article from the UK Guardian about the sale of proofs before the publication of the book:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/book...ing-copy-trade

I got an email from my UK contact that he had to sign an agreement that he would "not sell or even mention" that he received it.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually the agreement I had to sign says I can't publish anything about the plot with the exception of the blurb on the back, and that I cannot sell it.

I had permission to publish a pic of it (I asked first, of course).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My newest, the UK proof of 11.22.63, front:

And the back:

Interestingly, this is numbered with a number that indicates many more than 70 (which Lilja posted) were published. Because H&S has indicated they will take measures against people selling these before the release of the book, I'm not disclosing the number.

Also, each page of this proof is overprinted with a statement "Embargoed Hodder & Stoughton". I've never seen this before.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The letter that came with SOS UK Proof also had the Embargoed phrase if I'm not wrong.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get the letter.

I've also added a question mark in the first post as to the number of copies. I'm sure this will come out eventually.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears that there may be two states of the UK 11.22.63 proof, one with the "Embargoed" statement on every page and one without. The one without the statement appears to have a different numbering system written on the title page, also.

I'm changing the description in the first post to indicate this.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting observations. Congratulations, John!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    It appears that there may be two states of the UK 11.22.63 proof, one with the "Embargoed" statement on every page and one without. The one without the statement appears to have a different numbering system written on the title page, also.

John
    I dont remember reading that/ I'll check this week end

Country
    Country Flag

John
    The only indication of the embargoed thing is, for my copy, on the title page : "This is an exclusive early reading copy embargoed until 8 november 2011, and numbered for each specific recipient"

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's part of a page in my UK 11.22.63 proof:

I didn't want to open the proof too widely because I was worried about breaking the spine, so this is the best I could do with my scanner.

John

Country
    Country Flag

After checking again, no there arent such a thing in my copy.
    Arent you "scared" to "ruin" your source? It seems that embargoed copy are rarer..

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think just posting the page should endanger my source. I'm sure there are other copies out there somewhere. I doubt it's one-of-a-kind.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Probably not one of a kind, but probably "rarer" than the normal one
    Anyway, congratulations !

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think we'll really know just how scarce either version is until after the embargo.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this thread is about proofs but what do you think interest/pricing might be for...

IT early manuscript copy, 3 spiral bound volumes with handwritten corrections/notes to self in margin by King (corrections initialed by King).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it a photocopy or the real manuscript?

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I know this thread is about proofs but what do you think interest/pricing might be for...

IT early manuscript copy, 3 spiral bound volumes with handwritten corrections/notes to self in margin by King (corrections initialed by King).
    Did anyone here get it? I noticed on the Betts site that it's gone already.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just assumed Bob got it.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I just assumed Bob got it.
    Nope. Not me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 262 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast