Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 262 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not planning on selling, but i'd like to know what it's worth. 11/22/63 UK Hodder Proof without EMBARGO on every page. Evidently only 70 exist and not sure how many are in unread new condition.

Also Blockade Billy Proof. I understand this was super rare too.

Not planning on selling either one, but would like to know for my records.

thx!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hard to tell. Proofs sell for huge sums the year they are released, and then later the market cools and they can be bought for a lot less.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

As Alan said the selling price will go down with time. Personally I think that the recent selling prices for the copies with the embargo statement are very inflated. I am partially responsible for that as I have been the runner-up bidder on the last two that were auctioned. They seem to be coming out of the woodwork more frequently now and I think prices will most surely come down. Condition is also a very important factor in pricing proofs.

As for your BILLY BLOCKADE proof: There are two states, pictorial vs. non-pictorial wrappers. Non-pictorial version had only 16 copies with three getting messed-up somehow, leaving 13 nice copies. Pictorial version had about 60 copies done so it goes for much, much less. Which version do you have?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didnt know about the 2 versions of the CD Blockade Billy proof. I only knew about the "white" one (basic proof, without any cover) and the covered one.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The "regular" proof:

The white proof:

John

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default here are pics..

I just went upstairs and took some pics with my phone....here are the two proofs...

Blockade Billy Proof (looks like I have the 60 or so copy version).

11/22/63 NON Embargo Proof (doesn't have a HUGE watermark on every page and limited to 70 or less I believe):

A couple of shelves on one of my bookcases...I noticed I need to move some Joe Hill stuff to his bookcase (that's the #5 Ghost Key out of 500 only if anyone needs #5 and collects the Keys and has another to even things up)...

Still would like a ballpark price from anyone on the two proofs. Just so I can file it in my head for when I need to unload random things for cash in an emergency to buy a kidney or whatever. Really don't see selling them though as they were gifts from the publishers for whatever reason and you "can't look a gift horse in the mouth" and all that as I'm sure you all are aware. I tried it once and man was that horse pissed. Snorting and stomping....I asked why the long face and he didn't seem to like that either. Sigh...just can't please some people...or horses in this case.

Edit: I see you posted the two Billy covers while I was taking pics ...haha....def the one with the cover image is what I have.

Edit edit: Looking into the future, I see comments giving me values (future posts I can now see)...thanks everyone!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Forget to post it here...

I had always thought that I have all the German Leseexemplar - ARC PROOF books...

It is the first time ever i've seen this book.
    There probably are not very much of them.

Stephen King - Das Leben und das Schreiben - On writing - Leseexemplar/Musterexemplar ARC
    Publisher Ullstein - metallic cover

Looked in the German SK Forum,
    think my “Das Leben und Schreiben“ Leseexemplar is so far the only known copy.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Still would like a ballpark price from anyone on the two proofs.
    $100 - $150 on the BLOCKADE BILLY proof with pictorial cover.

$500 - $600 on the UK 11.22.63 proof.

Just guesses, though.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

After the Blockade Billy pictorial proofs came out, they sold for about that range. I haven't seen any for sale for quite a while now. I'll go along with Carlos on his estimates.

John

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last one i remember was a year ago and sold for $200 on ebay ( but only one bidder )
    Got mine from Rocky Woods collection for $125

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Condition is also a very important factor in pricing proofs.
    Bob,

What would you estimate for the Scribner 11/22/63 arc that's maybe in 7/10 condition?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    What would you estimate for the Scribner 11/22/63 arc that's maybe in 7/10 condition?
    Good question and I would be interested in opinions of others. There haven't been many showing up. I'd guess around $400. Much more if in very fine condition. Pictures would help.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What would a white cover BLOCKADE BILLY proof go for? I'd like to buy one some day.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Betts sold a copy for $1100 or something like that

Just got a copy of the Illustrated Salem“s Lot Proof ( Been looking for one over a year )

Is this a scarce proof or have i just been unlucky ?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's pretty scarce.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Is there a site that has estimates of each King proof?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Price estimates, you mean? No, there isn't. Proof prices are all over the place but we can usually come up with a good guesstimate, based on our collective experience and tracking of proof sales over the years. The closest thing to a King proof inventory on the web is actually this thread (and the Catalog section that I'm working on).

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

If I wanted to start collecting proofs what do you think is a good place to start?

Country
    Country Flag

There are a bunch of proofs that are quite common (common being a relative thing, they still have very small print runs compared to the actual trade editions of the books, but they are easy to find), for example: Rose Madder, Hearts In Atlantis, Bag of Bones, On Writing. You should be able to find copies on eBay and ABE Books pretty much anytime. If you're really interested in proofs I would advise you to read this entire thread because there's a LOT of information here (and the terminology used for proofs can be a bit confusing, 'proof' is really just one of many names for various 'pre-publication' states of a book).

My Mood
    Devilish

Thanks!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

To add what Michaėl said, don't forget to check out the first post in this thread. I try to keep the listing of EVERY King proof/ARC done in the US and UK listed there, along with whatever ancillary information I can verify. I've purposely avoided every trying to list the values of the proofs because, as he said, the prices are all over the map. A lot depends on condition, too. A proof that has been used as the publisher intended (by a reviewer) is usually pretty beat up and is worth a small fraction of the same proof in mint/fine condition.

John

My Mood
    Devilish

Ok what am I looking at price wise for Bag of Bones UK proof and Rose Madder US proof?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Rose Madder US proof should be about $25 or so. The UK Bag of Bones proof with the holographic cover should go in the $100 range. The other two UK Bag of Bones proofs (light green and grey) are considerably more expensive.

John

<Edit> You should make sure the UK Bag of Bones proof includes the slipcase. It's virtually worthless without it.

John

My Mood
    Devilish

Thanks Jhanic. Which Bag of Bones version comes with the slipcase?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Both the one with the holographic cover and probably the grey one. See:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...s:Bag+of+Bones

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 262 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast