Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 811 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 311 711 761 801 809 810 811 812 813 821 861 911 ... LastLast
Results 20,251 to 20,275 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You know when you finally get a book you've been after for ages and it feels good? Well this is one of those occasions for me. I've been here before with purchases on bigger/rarer items (S/L's and such) but this one is just as satisfying for me and it's a humble purchase that's not even in great condition but I just don't care as I've been looking for a while without success so I figure an acceptable copy is better than no copy at all (and it only cost me £8 or so any way).

As some of you know I collect UK paperback first editions (mainly because I love the cover art) and here is my latest:

It's a goid feeling for such a modest purchase - but I suppose that's what makes us collectors, right? That feeling?, and I'm certainly happy to have it until/if a better condition copy comes along.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool! This must be a hard one to find eh?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Cool! This must be a hard one to find eh?

Cheers, Kris. They ARE out there. Bob and Michaël both have copies in their respective collections (in much better condition than my copy) but they don't seem to appear for sale that often and believe me I searched. Often!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! I know that feeling VERY well!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Alan! Now I don't feel so bad anymore about not selling my copy to you in the past, even though we discussed it a couple of times!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Congratulations, Alan! Now I don't feel so bad anymore about not selling my copy to you in the past, even though we discussed it a couple of times!
    lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey thanks Michaël. I knew you were reluctant but I'd have wore you down eventually!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the UK Carrie paperback! That's really fantastic. I know how you must feel over the acquisition because I also collect the paperbacks and have this one too in my collection. The one I stil haven't been able to acquire is the 1st paperback of Salems. But I'm sure one day I will get it. Congratulations again!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There's been a fair bit of discussion about which editions are the true UK 1st/1st paperbacks, Paul. Is this the one are you looking for? I sold it to Bob some time ago (before I developed an interest in collecting paperbacks myself) and it is the only copy of that particular edition I've seen:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Michaël,

Yes, that's the one I'm looking for. I actually have these two below. The one on the right I've seen posted here somewhere, maybe from Bob. The one on the left I wasn't even aware existed until I got it. It's like the black US edition, only it's an NEL edition.

Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty cool, I had not seen that one before! They look to be in great condition. This picture reminds me, you need to start a collection thread....

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty cool, I had not seen that one before! They look to be in great condition. This picture reminds me, you need to start a collection thread....
    What!? You mean I have a book that maybe the big guns don't have? Man, I'm going out to celebrate!

And yes, thanks for encouraging me about the collection thread! I think I needed a shove in that direction. I will plan on getting it done soon...

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Man you have become a really good member and I know you have tons of nice stuff! A thread is in order
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys... I really appreciate the encouragement! I'm going to get it going soon.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks guys... I really appreciate the encouragement! I'm going to get it going soon.
    Okay, I got it done: Collection thread.
    I know this is for P&J's, but my collection thread can be my new P&J. :-)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally found a July '81 without a label. Nice unread condition too!

Completes the Gunslinger set!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, congrats
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice! Congratulations!

John

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Finally found a July '81 without a label. Nice unread condition too!

Completes the Gunslinger set!

Simon Congrats!
    Well done!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Got this a while ago but hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. You can't really appreciate the size until you see it in person, really just an amazing, amazing production. I had kind of avoiding reading about it or looking at pictures of it knowing that sooner or later I'd add it to my collection, and I'm glad I waited. I didn't even know about the slide out portion which really surprised me.

My mother was over at my house shortly after I purchased it, and she's an avid (not King) reader and worked for a long time at a small bookseller. Normally she looks at my King purchases and tells me I'm a wastrel, but even she thought that this book was a bargain at the price paid.

I would love to know where you got the "CLEAR" slipcover for the book. I would very much like to have one for my 2 books or at least the biggest book. Any details you can give me would be very nice indeed.

Country
    Country Flag

Mine are still sitting in the box they came in would like to display them like you have.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post

I would love to know where you got the "CLEAR" slipcover for the book. I would very much like to have one for my 2 books or at least the biggest book. Any details you can give me would be very nice indeed.
    The perspex case came from George Beahm who edited the book. He had a batch made for the larger signed edition as a one off and has now I believe sold them all. There was only 1 case made for the smaller edition which was a prototype, I think one of the members here snagged it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a case maker that was mentioned here in a post, damned if I recall which thread, that still makes the clear cases. I bought one for my trade edition 8-9 months ago. RF, may know where to go.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

If you don't mind saying what was the cost? That way if I find someone to make me one I will have a ballpark figure to start with.
    Thank you Frankie and anyone who can help me find someone to do it,
    Eddie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 811 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 311 711 761 801 809 810 811 812 813 821 861 911 ... LastLast