Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 727 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 227 627 677 717 725 726 727 728 729 737 777 827 1227 ... LastLast
Results 18,151 to 18,175 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A very nice acquisition!

John

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Today Joyland Lettered Edition arrived,
    This book was my first S/L so when I was able to get a copy the Publisher had left over for $215.00 with shipping I had to take advantage. I purchased a few Gift editions this past Fall 1 had a flawed dust jacket, in my emails with them about replacing it I asked about any PC copies left over I was told there was none but they only listed 25 of the 26 copies for sale last year incase of shipping issues. Since they had no issues they replaced the dust jacket & offered this remaining copy to me at issue price, I could not be more excited!
    Also picked up a 2nd Salem's Lot S/L & Gift Edition

Congrats on the lettered and salem's! I am however a little confused as to why they held 1 copy. What if 3 were damaged? What would they have done then? Seems weird, especially when a lot of people here tried ordering a lettered and could not get one.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the kind words,
    I tried to get this last year with no luck as well, The other lettered editions I have are all PC which personally I'm fine with but it is nice to see a letter in that space. Salem's Lot #'s 47 & 231
    Kingfan24 I'm not sure about if 3 had been damaged? I was only told that 1 was held, Since they used a fulfillment agent They said the ordering page for the lettered edition was now locked and could not be reopened And that is why they did not relist it. I had asked in the past Forbidden Planet if they had any unsold or canceled orders but was told no, This time I just asked the right person at the right time I guess.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I like that Talisman Gift Edition!

Yes - a very very nice man sold it to me
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Certainly a book most here have already seen, but, what the heck, I'm still excited enough about mine to show it off:

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Nice Book, I need one of those & the sketchbook too!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to find this old anthology in tip-top shape but I got this one in today. Definitely an upgrade over my other copy. Published December, 1978 with a full number line. I could be wrong but I think this is King's first published introduction to a book.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Very nice.

I remember reading this edition on college. Love the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Hard to find this old anthology in tip-top shape but I got this one in today. Definitely an upgrade over my other copy. Published December, 1978 with a full number line. I could be wrong but I think this is King's first published introduction to a book.

The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Bob.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Bob! I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my holy grails arrived today

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful!

John

Very NICE Dan, you've had some great additions this week!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice pick up Dan!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Goblins are GREEN (with envy )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Bob!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Congratulations, Dan and Bob!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Goblins are GREEN (with envy )
    You're "Green" all the time!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    There you have it "130" L*L's for the month. $65 to the Haven Fund. Check has been accounted for!!! Now go and bid on that FD/NS up for auction!!! Awesome remarque!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201041379025...84.m1426.l2649
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally I got the Grant DT4! I only need a Grant Gunslinger 1st or 2nd now..

This is also cool, a Turkish Gunslinger paperback from 1990

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Where did you order the case from?
    http://www.slipcasebooks.com/index.htm
    I am going to order a few more from him for a few other books, if the price is right. Quality is good, not as nice as The Collector's though.
    I ordered one from him ages ago for a signed Night Shift.
    I really liked the materials he used but wasnt pleased with the fit so didnt order from again.

reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I thought I had seen it before, but I have now found the picture I was refering too. It is a totally different edition, which has much the same signatures...
    What different edition is it? And is it owned by someone here?
    Not a different edition of the book, just a different copy of Moth. Mine is also signed by almost all contributors and was presented to Jim Bishop as a gift just after publication. I purchased my copy from Jim Bishop along with his copy of Long Walk that King inscribed to him. Most likely the copy Bob purchased was also a gift for either one of the contributors or perhaps one of the English teachers right after publication.

My Mood
    Twisted

After some months I finally got caught up with this thread. Lots of great new acquisitions (some amazing ones), a few new members, and very informative history. Congratulations on the new stuff everyone. Welcome new members! And appreciate the educational history.

Big thanks to Betts Books for the Whelan Signature on Gunslinger 1st/1st. This book has an official history all its own. I purchased it unsigned years ago while working on completing my first edition collection. Then dragged it around with me for years to every King signing I went to (including RBR event) but for some reason could not or did not get it signed (and happy I didnt get it signed at the RBR event. Don't want a sharpie on this one). Finally got it signed in Canada last year and now got it signed by Michael Whelan. The book has done more traveling than most people I know...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great, TN. Congrats on both sigs!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful, TN! Congratulations!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 727 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 227 627 677 717 725 726 727 728 729 737 777 827 1227 ... LastLast