Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 629 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 129 529 579 619 627 628 629 630 631 639 679 729 1129 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,725 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoy the openness of the forum where you can feel comfortable asking someone about price. I am sure everyone feels differently about this - and those people might not want to give a reply and I respect that. I think most people are asking to try and gauge value of an item (in case they are looking to make a similar purchase) so they can find a comfortable zone. Also some people are interested in the great deals people have been able to get (there's always that "damn why couldn't I have gotten that great deal..." feeling).

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I dont think theres anything wrong with asking as long as you're not offended if the person chooses to not answer.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Excellent David !!
    Dare we ask how much the financial damage was? (approximately)
    The damage was far far LESS than what you might guess.....I'd have to say roughly $50 per image I think comes close (Including BOTH the original DT II sketches and all the remarque sketches).

You are right though....I often want to ask.."How much did you pay for that" My opinion, rude or not, it is your right to ASK the question although you may not ALWAYS get an answer...so with me...ask away.
    My Thanks too David for sharing this unique set of images. It is always great to find and also to have someone share the one of a kind items. Makes us all drool. ... ALSO, thanks for your straight forward approach to sharing details to the questions we often have circulating in our mind upon hearing about great finds like these.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My mail arrives today and there is an envelope from "King.....Bangor Maine"

I am thoroughly intrigued.

I carefully open the envelope. As I am opening the envelope it dawns on me what it will be.

It is the Owen King chapbook I won by posting a picture of my pet with his new book.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice thing to get

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My new P&J is a new bookcase from IKEA (on the left in the picture below), and all the new shelf space that comes along with it. Along the top are various Stephen King and Lawrence Block gift and limited editions. Otherwise, the left case is filled with Dark Tower goodies, and the right is filled with books published by Donald M. Grant (I have about 60):

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great new prides & joys, friends!

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to both!!!! Very nice additions!!
    "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." ♤Sam Spade ♤

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No pics available, but over the past couple of days I received the Fundraiser NOS4A2 ARC and a beautiful copy of Beahm's Stephen King Companion (signed/numbered #823/1,000). Nothing earth-shattering but I'm happy with them.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection picture!
    And nice new books Michaël

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new books Michaël!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I'm trying to limit myself to 'minor collectibles' at the moment (getting married in two months, which is not cheap! So I try not to spend too much).

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the Wedding!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions boys and girls.

And congratulations Michaël, exciting times ahead....

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I enjoy the openness of the forum where you can feel comfortable asking someone about price. I am sure everyone feels differently about this - and those people might not want to give a reply and I respect that. I think most people are asking to try and gauge value of an item (in case they are looking to make a similar purchase) so they can find a comfortable zone. Also some people are interested in the great deals people have been able to get (there's always that "damn why couldn't I have gotten that great deal..." feeling).
    Well stated cit74

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob,
    The question was asked "in fun" directly to a person who advertises & promotes his bookstore on this very site, it seemed obvious to me he would not really care.
    It was just a curiosity nothing more.
    Is it my imagination or is there something else going on with your very directed statement?

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Maybe it is because I was raised in a different (earlier) time but I was taught that it was rude (maybe not quite the right word...inappropriate, maybe?) to ask someone how much they paid for something. Not saying I have never done it because I have. But really it is none of my business what someone paid for something.

Here are a few opinions on the subject.....

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9082337AAlvYJw

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The first time that i look into this book, and i was surprised.

Stephen King - Katzenauge
    German sc shortstory collection
    Inside print: Originaltitle: CUJO

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Bob,
    The question was asked "in fun" directly to a person who advertises & promotes his bookstore on this very site, it seemed obvious to me he would not really care.
    It was just a curiosity nothing more.
    Is it my imagination or is there something else going on with your very directed statement?
    Nothing directed personally towards you. You asked David how much he paid for something he posted out of his personal collection. Someone (Shannon, I think) posted that he was hesitant to ask such a personal question but often wondered how much someone paid for something. I just added my thoughts to the discussion. Lots of different opinions on the subject it seems.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, lots of different personal opinions on this subject of ask/don't ask.....I'd say 90% of the time I would share the information with someone who asked and my feathers would not be ruffled. I respect others who deem it inappropriate to ask and/or are reluctant to share information.

Now, I would draw the line if someone asked me the value of my entire personal collection....that is a little too personal for me.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A well respected forum like this, and the vast knowledge of its members is like a Stephen King price guide. Being there really is no definitive collectors guide or website I can understand people asking question regarding the pricing of certain items especially when it comes to older publications and rarer collectibles.

Country
    Country Flag

It's probably less offensive to ask 'what would be the (market) value of item such and such' instead of asking 'what did you pay for it'?

(not that I personally find a direct approach to be offensive, just adding my two cents to the discussion)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Mr Fulman !!
    I like the extended height of these, do these have the new push open/push close latch? (I'm sure theres a name for that)
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    My new P&J is a new bookcase from IKEA (on the left in the picture below), and all the new shelf space that comes along with it. Along the top are various Stephen King and Lawrence Block gift and limited editions. Otherwise, the left case is filled with Dark Tower goodies, and the right is filled with books published by Donald M. Grant (I have about 60):

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Mr Fulman !!
    I like the extended height of these, do these have the new push open/push close latch? (I'm sure theres a name for that)
    Congratulations
    Thanks, and yes they do have those nifty latches. I have no idea what they're called, though, because IKEA doesn't put any words in their instruction books.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Generally, if I'm going to ask the price of something I'll PM if I know someone in particular has (or likely has the item). If I ask out loud on the forums it's because I'm looking to buy, have found one from someone or someplace I'm not familiar with, want legitimate opinions on whether or not its worth it, and have no idea who to ask directly. The problem with an open forum is how to do it without actually putting a price out there or giving clues as to where its located ... because if you do that and someone else realizes its a deal, it may suddenly end up sold or with lots of bidders who previously didn't have a clue. And yes it happens, unfortunately. But, at the same time, I value those legitimate opinions greatly and am thankful that folks are willing to provide them.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

For a short time I included how much I paid for things in my "Shannon's New Additions" updates in my collection thread. I stopped simply because I forgot about it, but my point is that ... I think the price of what you paid for something can be just as interesting as the item itself or the condition its in.

You know what's weird though? If someone from the site were to ask me (publicly or privately) "Hey Shannon, how much did you pay for that Knowing Darkness S/L?" I would want to tell them and we'd have a small discussion about it. But when people come to my house, either people I'm friends with or friends of friends, like at a party, and they ask me questions regarding money and my Stephen King collection, I always get a tiny bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Not sure why.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 629 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 129 529 579 619 627 628 629 630 631 639 679 729 1129 ... LastLast