Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 599 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 99 499 549 589 597 598 599 600 601 609 649 699 1099 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 14,975 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Robert Fulman-

Waste Lands is one of my favorite books by King, not just Dark Tower but overall. Love the Rose remarque!!!

I have had a nice relationship with artist Ned Dameron for some time now. He graciously signs books for me at Betts and from time to time he will do a special "piece" for me. Here are a couple. The first is a small remarque he did of my favorite scene in a S/L Waste Lands book...Aunt Talitha placing the cross over Roland's head. Some of you may recall, Ned did both a black and white remarque and a color remarque of the same scene in 2 trade editions I own. The second pic is one he finally sent me recently...when Ned did the original Aunt Talitha scene for me a couple years ago in the trade edition, he told me he has a prelim sketch somewhere of that scene that he would send me...he finally found it and sent it..it is a standalone piece which I may get framed.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

David
    NICE stuff!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Such great stuff, guys. Very jealous!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, David!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, David. You simply have to find the time to post more often!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Through a crazy random happenstance, I was able to purchase a S/L of my favorite Dark Tower book:...
    Oh, you're gonna have to post more in-depth pics on that one!!!

Okay, but only because you asked so nicely. Here is a picture of the S/L in its slipcase (yes, it's a bit dusty), next to the trade edition. Because the books use the same dust jacket (which doesn't even mention the pricing of the S/L), I took the jackets off for the picture. Behind the books, though, is one of my favorite collectibles: an untrimmed, unfolded Waste Lands dust jacket:

Here are the two books again, on their backs this time. The S/L has some lovely stamping on the front. One thing that surprised me is that the cover is a white cloth; for some reason, I though all the DTs S/Ls were done in a faux leather type cover:

Here is the limitation page for the S/L (#545). It is printed on the front free end paper (on the reverse of the Jake and Oy picture you can see framed above). This makes me wonder if there were any leftover end papers that may not have been signed...

My trade edition is special as well, because it has a nice little signed drawing of the Rose by Ned Dameron in it.:

As I said, the Waste Lands is my favorite Dark Tower book. I don't have an infinite amount of money, so I direct a lot of my collecting $ towards that book. Here are two of my Dark Tower shelves:

Up next is a minor investment in a Waste Lands slipcase from the Collector.

Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Robert Fulman-

Waste Lands is one of my favorite books by King, not just Dark Tower but overall. Love the Rose remarque!!!

I have had a nice relationship with artist Ned Dameron for some time now. He graciously signs books for me at Betts and from time to time he will do a special "piece" for me. Here are a couple. The first is a small remarque he did of my favorite scene in a S/L Waste Lands book...Aunt Talitha placing the cross over Roland's head. Some of you may recall, Ned did both a black and white remarque and a color remarque of the same scene in 2 trade editions I own. The second pic is one he finally sent me recently...when Ned did the original Aunt Talitha scene for me a couple years ago in the trade edition, he told me he has a prelim sketch somewhere of that scene that he would send me...he finally found it and sent it..it is a standalone piece which I may get framed.

Very, very cool!!! That's, Ned alright!!! Nice!!!

He's a very nice man!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Through a crazy random happenstance, I was able to purchase a S/L of my favorite Dark Tower book:...
    Oh, you're gonna have to post more in-depth pics on that one!!!
    Okay, but only because you asked so nicely. Here is a picture of the S/L in its slipcase (yes, it's a bit dusty), next to the trade edition. Because the books use the same dust jacket (which doesn't even mention the pricing of the S/L), I took the jackets off for the picture. Behind the books, though, is one of my favorite collectibles: an untrimmed, unfolded Waste Lands dust jacket:

Here are the two books again, on their backs this time. The S/L has some lovely stamping on the front. One thing that surprised me is that the cover is a white cloth; for some reason, I though all the DTs S/Ls were done in a faux leather type cover:

Here is the limitation page for the S/L (#545). It is printed on the front free end paper (on the reverse of the Jake and Oy picture you can see framed above). This makes me wonder if there were any leftover end papers that may not have been signed...

My trade edition is special as well, because it has a nice little signed drawing of the Rose by Ned Dameron in it.:

As I said, the Waste Lands is my favorite Dark Tower book. I don't have an infinite amount of money, so I direct a lot of my collecting $ towards that book. Here are two of my Dark Tower shelves:

Up next is a minor investment in a Waste Lands slipcase from the Collector.

Excellent display Mr. Fulman,
    I believe I'm due for a trip to Ikea as well
    Super Congratulations to you.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

1) I hunted down Ricky's signed (and crossed out) end-papers in his collection thread; very neat indeed.
    2) I tried to buy Prime Evil from Betts Books last week, but it wasn't available. Lucky for me that I still had that money when I found The Waste Lands for sale. Ironic that David is also a fan of the Waste Lands and Ned Dameron. Elsewhere in my case, I have a sub-collection called "every Grant book with art by Ned Dameron" (that has pretty much just expanded to a collection of Grant books)
    3) Thanks Merlin and Cook; Richard, you might recognize the three books in the top left of the bottom picture. They don't smell nearly as bad as they used to...

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The mailman delivered a 2nd state Salem's Lot yesterday. Looks pretty good in my Dolso case!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, you found one! That's great!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! Looks like a nice copy!

John

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Received today..........thank you to a TDT Member.

LOVE! This is my holy grail and it's on my "I'll never own this book but I but I'd do anything for it" List! So jealous! I want to touch it.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some amazing new aquisitions on this thread recently. Congratulations all!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really enjoying everyone's acquisitions, but maybe because I don't really collect limiteds (only when they're the first edition of the book, like the DT novels, or the only hardcover edition, like The Colorado Kid) is why I seem to generally not care as much for illustrations or remarques. I'm happy for those of you who do collect book for these features, but I'm just wondering if I'm the only one like that

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is the deluxe Silmarillion really worth around $600? The entire set cost me many times less that.
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I don't know if it's actually worth that but that's what I've found for sale. I tried to get the set but couldn't find an affordable one (that was the first set that's sold out) - and they are 1st printings of that edition. So I collected them individually.
    Hey Becca, I don't know if you've seen this, but The Silmarillion deluxe edition is available here for an okayish price: http://www.tolkienbookshelf.com/advS...nd=50&p=2&fp=1
    Thanks for the info. I actually just found one on The Book Depository for $60.95 and free shipping. It's probably not a first like the one in the link but I'm ok with that... **twitch, twitch**

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the deluxe Silmarillion really worth around $600? The entire set cost me many times less that.
    I don't know if it's actually worth that but that's what I've found for sale. I tried to get the set but couldn't find an affordable one (that was the first set that's sold out) - and they are 1st printings of that edition. So I collected them individually.
    Hey Becca, I don't know if you've seen this, but The Silmarillion deluxe edition is available here for an okayish price: http://www.tolkienbookshelf.com/advS...nd=50&p=2&fp=1
    Thanks for the info. I actually just found one on The Book Depository for $60.95 and free shipping. It's probably not a first like the one in the link but I'm ok with that... **twitch, twitch**
    Awesome news! These books really are works of art all around.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really enjoying everyone's acquisitions, but maybe because I don't really collect limiteds (only when they're the first edition of the book, like the DT novels, or the only hardcover edition, like The Colorado Kid) is why I seem to generally not care as much for illustrations or remarques. I'm happy for those of you who do collect book for these features, but I'm just wondering if I'm the only one like that
    No your'e not the only one. I read, and collect Stephen King books because I like the stories. Nothing else matters to me.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you. I collect books from my favorite authors because of the stories themselves, not the illustrations. There's been a great debate about the new The Shining S/L and how it looks like some have decided not to buy it because of the illustrations. For me, the story is more important when it comes to books. I worry about the art when I am buying art.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No Pablo, you are not the only one, I only collect the 1/1 trades of his books. I do have a few gift editions from the first days of my collecting when I didn't understand the whole collecting world, but other then those I only have 1/1 trades, I do have a couple signed copies but that is only cause he has done a couple signings in Atlanta which is easy for me to get to in a reasonable time frame.
    Christine

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    The mailman delivered a 2nd state Salem's Lot yesterday. Looks pretty good in my Dolso case!

Wow!!! That's AWESOME!!! One of my favorite illustrations as well!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

From our very own Michael/Biomeg:

In excellent condition and very well packed. Good price too! Thank you Michael.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome, I'm glad it went to one of the good guys!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It was sold by one of the good guys too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 599 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 99 499 549 589 597 598 599 600 601 609 649 699 1099 ... LastLast