Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 600 1100 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As Mr. Rabbit Trick said, if at all possible, keep them both. Otherwise, I'd keep the inscribed one also.

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Keep one, give the other to me
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I would also keep the inscribed copy.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the link to the article Bob. While I agree "the more words on your autographed items, the better", I also agree with Mr. Rabbit Trick and "do not like books inscribed to someone else".

I appreciate all your comments. In truth, I was hoping you would tell me to keep the signed copy and sell the inscribed copy. Now, I may just have to keep both (sorry Karen).

I got a heck of a deal on it ($86 shipped), but it is really not about the money. I now own three copies of this large book (the two above and one reading copy) and am running out of space fast. My wife may actually kill me if another box shows up on our doorstep!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I tend to agree with you Tippy4 I do not own any books inscribed to someone else, just my thing, I understand the reasons for keeping the inscribed but it would just bug me.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I do not mind books inscribed to someone else, especially if the inscription has some length to it, providing me reassurance that it was indeed written by King. I'm in the keep the inscribed copy camp.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd keep both. I'd also keep getting more books. Buy the wife presents so she'll overlook all the packages coming in for yourself.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

carlos : WOW!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I do not mind books inscribed to someone else, especially if the inscription has some length to it, providing me reassurance that it was indeed written by King. I'm in the keep the inscribed copy camp.
    That's the one thing, many collectors find that signatures with an inscription and/or date is harder to forge. And the situation seems more likely that it would have been signed by the author at a book signing, since it's addressed to someone.

Sure anything could be forged, but I find I am more confident in my signature if it's been inscribed.
    Geoff

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two new additions I'm excited about:

Signed copy of Slade's newest book (inscribed to myself).

And a copy of Porcupine Tree latest re release on vinyl "Lightbulb Sun" - 1 of 1000 pressed on coloured vinyl!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Eric.

John

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

::swoons::

he called you "one of the inner circle"

::swoons::

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I signed 1st of Misery arrived today!

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Tippy is stocking up!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Nice buy Tippy!.

I just got this in the mail yesterday:

Mr.RT,

It's got that 'bling' that any girl would appreciate. Woohooo!.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Juliana, Congratulations on getting one of the real grails of Stephen King collecting!! That's GREAT!!!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Nice buy Tippy!.

Mr.RT,

It's got that 'bling' that any girl would appreciate. Woohooo!.

Dazzling. Congratulations. Have you tried it on yet?

Bling: flashy jewelry worn especially as an indication of wealth; broadly : expensive and ostentatious possessions

My Mood
    Stressed

Absolutely!.

It looks wonderful on my shelf. It's a lot more flashy than I though it would look. Like an oversized jewellery.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Congratulations, Juliana! That looks like a very nice copy. I can't understand those who say they are disappointed in the looks of that lettered edition. I think it is stunning.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's amazing Stu has had two copies in the last couple of weeks to sell!

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

got the UK Just After Sunset sampler ARC. the 4 stories are: 1) willa 2) gingerbread girl 3) mute 4) ayana. also after each story king gives a cool synopsis of how he came about each short. got a few publisher press pages also describing the upcoming release/details of the book.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Juliana...I think I speak for everyone here in that we all hate you!

Seriously though, wonderful puchase.

I have come to terms with the fact that I will never own one.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Juliana, congratulations. I would also presume you bought at a price equal to or less than what the book was selling for a decade+ ago.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    got the UK Just After Sunset sampler ARC. the 4 stories are: 1) willa 2) gingerbread girl 3) mute 4) ayana. also after each story king gives a cool synopsis of how he came about each short. got a few publisher press pages also describing the upcoming release/details of the book.
    My copy should be here before the end of the week. I can't wait!

John

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

you know, i keep saying this but no one is listening to me. why do my items keep getting sent to other people?
    it's a conspiracy. . .that must be the explanation.

seriously you guys. congrats on your recent acquisitions. i'm most supremely jealous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 600 1100 ... LastLast