Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 949 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 449 849 899 939 947 948 949 950 951 959 999 1049 ... LastLast
Results 23,701 to 23,725 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    As I am a Dark Tower junkie to be sure, I guess this recent personal purchase of 3 items qualifies as a Pride and Joy for me cause they are all Dark Tower related. (say sorry, I have not taken pictures yet).

Backstory: Some of you know that when Grant Publishing comes out with a new Dark Tower book, King more recently has inscribed copies (mostly the Artist Editions) to current and past Grant employees (why past Grant employees I have ZERO idea, but he does) and behind-the-scenes people who worked on the book....all told less than 10 people. In the case of both Little Sisters of Eluria and Wind Through the Keyhole. these books were signed and presented to people roughly 2 weeks before actual publication...in the case of WTTKH King actually signed and dated the books exactly 2 weeks prior to publication.

I just acquired from Tom Canty (artist and designer of Grant slipcases/traycases...Tom also did the pictorial art cover of the Queen on the S/L Talisman and some interior illustrations and also worked on Prime Evil among other Grant limited editions)....sorry....I aquired from Tom his AE copies of LSOE and WTTKH both inscribed to him and the WTTKH also dated prior to publication....and I acquired a third book, the S/L LSOE that is unique.

Tom was given way back when 25 Publisher Copies of the S/L LSOE (he designed the traycase) for him to give to his favorite publishers, artists, circle of people....He intended to make them all special by doing a unique remarque sketch in each copy and to then label them Letter A, Letter B etc. As Tom tells me, he only ever got around to remarquing and Lettering 6 copies....5 he gave to special people and the 6th, Letter "F", he kept for himself. I now own that Letter F Tom Canty copy with a smallish remarque of a skull inside....pretty cool overall.
    LOVE hearing this David. Your a wealth of interesting info! SUPER CONGRATS BROTHER! I would be proud to have that!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great acquisition, David. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Great acquisition, David. Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Yeah PICTURES DAVID!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

David, When you get time we would like to see a photo of the Canty drawing.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, I can't wait to see the pics!

John

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats David!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations David! Sounds intriguing and would love to see picture as well.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome David! Pics!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    As I am a Dark Tower junkie to be sure, I guess this recent personal purchase of 3 items qualifies as a Pride and Joy for me cause they are all Dark Tower related. (say sorry, I have not taken pictures yet).

Backstory: Some of you know that when Grant Publishing comes out with a new Dark Tower book, King more recently has inscribed copies (mostly the Artist Editions) to current and past Grant employees (why past Grant employees I have ZERO idea, but he does) and behind-the-scenes people who worked on the book....all told less than 10 people. In the case of both Little Sisters of Eluria and Wind Through the Keyhole. these books were signed and presented to people roughly 2 weeks before actual publication...in the case of WTTKH King actually signed and dated the books exactly 2 weeks prior to publication.

I just acquired from Tom Canty (artist and designer of Grant slipcases/traycases...Tom also did the pictorial art cover of the Queen on the S/L Talisman and some interior illustrations and also worked on Prime Evil among other Grant limited editions)....sorry....I aquired from Tom his AE copies of LSOE and WTTKH both inscribed to him and the WTTKH also dated prior to publication....and I acquired a third book, the S/L LSOE that is unique.

Tom was given way back when 25 Publisher Copies of the S/L LSOE (he designed the traycase) for him to give to his favorite publishers, artists, circle of people....He intended to make them all special by doing a unique remarque sketch in each copy and to then label them Letter A, Letter B etc. As Tom tells me, he only ever got around to remarquing and Lettering 6 copies....5 he gave to special people and the 6th, Letter "F", he kept for himself. I now own that Letter F Tom Canty copy with a smallish remarque of a skull inside....pretty cool overall.

Amazing Story! That is awesome. My only connection to SK is this story -----

When visiting Bangor Maine, I stopped in front of his "house" and got my obligatory picture taken. On the way down his street, we stopped for gasoline and i met the gas station clerk who said that is where SK used to get gasoline.

End of story.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great acquisition David..

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Superb, congratulations, David!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Great acquisition David..
    =1 here, David!! Great piece for the old collection and a wonderful story to go with it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story David!!!
    Looking forward to the pics!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here we go! Fresh from David's latest consignment with more on the way!!!!! Let the NP&Js begin!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Here we go! Fresh from David's latest consignment with more on the way!!!!! Let the NP&Js begin!

Great looking Proofs man!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Very, very nice Tim!!!! That's some really unique items!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received a P&J today as well.....

Pardon the lousy photo. His signature sure has gotten sloppy these days!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Tim! That Gunslinger is amazing!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great proofs, Tim! And really scarce ones.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats everyone. Really nice proofs there.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Keepers Bill
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats guys!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Tim and bill !!! Awesome additions

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rarified air, congrats, Tim! And congratulations as well to you Bill!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

This is one of my favorite threads, but we need a LIKE button or something! everytime i see a new post i check it out and its congrats etc.. i love seeing new stuff and it reminds me of things i still need!

Congrats everyone on their NEW P&J!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 949 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 449 849 899 939 947 948 949 950 951 959 999 1049 ... LastLast