Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 986 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 486 886 936 976 984 985 986 987 988 996 1036 1086 ... LastLast
Results 24,626 to 24,650 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Simon!

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Simon!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Over the past couple of months I've had the pleasure of working with a great seller to obtain some of the proofs I need for my collection. The first two of a total of five proofs arrived today. At first I had planned to continue Paul's Rare Proof Wednesday in five monthly installments and 'unveil' the proofs, starting with the most common one and ending with the scarcest one. But I don't want to wait another two or three months so here we go, in no particular order.

Neither of these, nor the other proofs I have coming are as exceptionally scarce as the things we're used to seeing from Bob and Gerald but they're far from common.

The first one is the UK IT proof. I had another copy a few years ago with a spine that was so faded it was almost white. Needless to say, this one is MUCH better!

The second one is a proof that I never expected to find - but I did. I'll never own a Doubleday or NEL proof so this was basically my Holy Grail of the older proofs. I am super happy to have found a copy! The UK Dead Zone proof! It looks a bit washed out in this pic but it's not. Overall it's not in great condition but I don't care one bit. This one took me a LONG time to find...
    Well done Michaël. I would never say that a "Dead Zone" proof is anything to not be especially proud of. I have only ever found the one and they are very difficult to find in Fine condition because of the quality of the paper that was employed at the time. I haven't seen one for sale in over a decade, so congratulations.

I was actually going to post a few new proofs and items I just acquired in London the other day, but not wanting to rain on your parade, I will hold off until 2016. I think the last time I posted a rare item, it was 5 minutes after Roseannbarr posted his first Pride & Joy and it took away from his enjoyment.

Well done again.
    Gerald

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    2 new S/L's just arrived

Well done too Simon. If you ever decide to unwrap "Desperation" you may be surprised to find a crisp new $20 bill that Grant inserted in a few copies. If you do find yourself fortunate, whatever you do, "don't put it in your pocket, sir. Don't put it in your pocket. It's your lucky bill. You can put it anywhere you like, just anywhere not in your pocket. Where it'll get mixed in with the others and become just a bill. Which it is."

- Anton Chigurh

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For the "No Country for Old Men" quote!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Ahhhh. A movie aficionado. I love that film. One of the few times I was rooting for the character most often considered the villain, whom I don't believe was.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Ahhhh. A movie aficionado. I love that film. One of the few times I was rooting for the character most often considered the villain, whom I don't believe was.
    Subtle film indeed!!! In it's own way that is!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Subtle film indeed!!! In it's own way that is!!
    Every time I watch that film, I have to watch "There Will Be Blood" right after because they are great accompaniments. They were both filming back to back and in one Texas scene, shooting had to halt one day when a cloud of black smoke appeared on the horizon of the Coen film. It was from the set of Blood, where the oil derrick was set on fire. Both movies were both contenders for Academy Awards a couple of years later.

G

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    Congrats on the Carver book, TCC. I think I read in the biography of Carver that came out a few years ago that he signed over 10,000 of those tip in sheets. He knew he was dying from lung cancer at the time and struggled to get them all done. He died before the regular hard cover edition came out.
    Wow, that's a pretty large signed edition! Poor guy! I wish he had perhaps written another story or two in the time that he used to sign these. Though it isn't rare, it's still one of the very few NON-King that I'll enjoy having in my case!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, all (and congratulations Seth and Simon)!

Gerald, please feel free to post your latest acquisitions. The more everyone shares, the better. It won't detract anything from my P&J.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done too Simon. If you ever decide to unwrap "Desperation" you may be surprised to find a crisp new $20 bill that Grant inserted in a few copies. If you do find yourself fortunate, whatever you do, "don't put it in your pocket, sir. Don't put it in your pocket. It's your lucky bill. You can put it anywhere you like, just anywhere not in your pocket. Where it'll get mixed in with the others and become just a bill. Which it is."

- Anton Chigurh
    Thanks Gerald (and everyone else!) The shrinkwrap WILL be removed, as soon as my new bookcase has been built (sometime in February) I will take the shrinkwrap of any remaining books.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

- Anton Chigurh
    Thanks Gerald (and everyone else!) The shrinkwrap WILL be removed, as soon as my new bookcase has been built (sometime in February) I will take the shrinkwrap of any remaining books.
    Good for you Simon. I remove shrink-wrap from all my books because there is absolutely no conservation value to leaving it on. They are only beneficial for dust protection, but careful storage and regular dusting will solve that problem. Some books that are wrapped too tightly can warp slipcases over time, so I remove them with one exception - Salem's Lot Gift Edition from Centipede. That was actually wrapped well and due to the type of material that was used for the cover, it keeps it looking new.

Gerald

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my CD slipcase for Finders Keepers today. Now my signed trade of Finders Keepers has a good home.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice John. I'm looking forward to receiving mine.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my FK slipcase too. It's very nice. I like the texture.

The book fits it fine without a Brodart. I think a Brodart would make it a little tight.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Here is something I have spent a long time looking for. I'd say over 10 years. Maybe longer. It is a magazine called Mainliner and it is the magazine you would have found in the "seat pocket in front of you" on a United Airlines flight in May, 1977. Noteworthy because of an excerpt from The Shining that appears to be the entire chapter titled "Hallorann."

This should be listed in B.49 in Brooks' bibliography under the heading Section II: Short Fiction but the only current listing there is a magazine called Ramada Reflections from June, 1977. I have never owned or even seen a copy of Ramada Reflections (presumably an in-room magazine for Ramada Inn) but this copy of Mainliner is clearly dated one month earlier.

And the back cover is very nostalgic.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, very cool! Congrats!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That is great, Bob! I think the 2013 eBook update to Brooks' book actually has it listed but it wasn't there in the earlier edition. Congratulations!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    That is great, Bob! I think the 2013 eBook update to Brooks' book actually has it listed but it wasn't there in the earlier edition. Congratulations!
    I knew that I had told Justin about this magazine a few years ago and was nearly certain he had included it in his listings but forgot to check the eBook listing. I just checked the hardback and the two small supplements I have in hard copies. Thanks.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, Bob! Before the listing in Justin's Bibliography, I'd never heard of it. A rare find!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice item Bob !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the entry from the eBook:

B51. “The Shining” -
    Notes:
    · This is an excerpt from King’s novel The Shining, consisting of Chapters 10 (“Hallorann”) and 11 (“The Shining”) in their entirety.
    Appearances:
    1. Mainliner [magazine; United Airways] (May 1977): 21-22, 24, 27-29, 75-77,98-99.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Here's the entry from the eBook:

B51. “The Shining” -
    Notes:
    · This is an excerpt from King’s novel The Shining, consisting of Chapters 10 (“Hallorann”) and 11 (“The Shining”) in their entirety.
    Appearances:
    1. Mainliner [magazine; United Airways] (May 1977): 21-22, 24, 27-29, 75-77,98-99.
    Thanks for posting that. I had sent that info to Justin a few years ago after discovering a copy of the magazine in the back of the Doubleday files. That copy had "file copy" written in ink on the cover and, I felt, would always need to remain with the Doubleday files. Since seeing it I have been looking for another copy to put in my core collection. I was pretty excited to finally come across one listed on eBay. Like I said earlier I have been looking for a long, long time.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob
    Great find! Always great to find something after a long search.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 986 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 486 886 936 976 984 985 986 987 988 996 1036 1086 ... LastLast