Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I was hoping it'd be a double-volume of both RED DRAGON and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, but either way -- double or single -- I was also hoping it'd be within the realm of my budget. But now to see that it will cost $1500 (!!) to purchase an edition with Harris' signature, I will have to continue to be perfectly content with the Fine/Fine signed 1st ed. HC volumes of RED DRAGON and LAMBS that I already own. I can't say I was surprised to see Harris limit his participation to the 52-copy lettered, given his disinclination for appearances, promotions, signings, etc. -- but it's still a disappointment. Will be interesting to see how this one moves...even $150 is kind of high for an (non-King) artist's edition, especially since Easton Press just (as in the last month or so) came out with a nice edition of LAMBS of their own.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Is the Easton Press edition illustrated?

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Is the Easton Press edition illustrated?
    No idea; I don't have that edition. As is typical of Easton Press books, though, there's usually a single full-page color illustration by the title page but no other illustrations...my guess is that this edition of SoTL follows that same design.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No illustrations in the EP one - the front piece is by Dennis Lyall.

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

The price point and lack of signature will probably be a pass for me as well

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm passing too. I was going to get a lettered copy thinking it would probably be $500 or $600. When I clicked on the link I was shocked to see the $1500 price tag. I might even have paid that if it were limited to 26 copies....but not 52.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Thomas Harris signature is more rare than King's, by a lot. Dunno about more valuable though. The artwork looks fine to me, patented Dave McKean. Still looks like I'm skipping unfortunately. Too many things on the burner at the moment.
    McKean only did the text, Marshall Arisman did the painting, but it is a similar style.
    I don't mind the cover, but my illustration tastes run counter to most of the collectors here.

It would be an automatic buy if it was signed, but I'll have to think about it. The nice small edition of 200 makes it tempting, plus a slipcase.
    Woah crazy didn't even realize. Very similar style. Wonder if that was intentional.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I might keep an eye on the secondary market for the unsigned edition, with hopes it may fall below issue price....

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I'm disappointed in the edition specifics, and will be passing as well- despite it being in my Top 5 fave novels. Oh well- the Easton is pretty nice..

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

26 copies of the lettered edition sold so far.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

95 copies left for the Limited.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I ordered the limited. I loved the book. I'd buy the lettered but I don't have the money.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

When I got the email with the cover artwork, I was totally thrown off guard because I was not expecting something like that at all.

After a few days of thinking about it, I kind of get it now.

There is a strong link, especially in the movies and TV show, between Hannibal and the paintings of Francis Bacon. Although, I do not think he is mentioned in the novels but after looking through some of Bacon's work, you can see that Hannibal would be a fan. The victim that was splayed and butterflied in The Silence of the Lambs movie was specifically done to mimic a Bacon painting. Several reviewers of both the book and movie Hannibal made mention of Mason Verger as a living Francis Bacon portrait. The cell that Lecter resides in in TSotL was designed with Bacon in mind. Fuller, the Hannibal TV show producer has said that Bacon was an inspiration for decorating Hannibal's living spaces.

The cover artwork does remind me of a Francis Bacon painting, even more so with the two sample artwork pieces at the bottom of the page.

I still hate that the book is not signed by Harris but I am getting closer and closer to ordering one.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Red Dragon was inspired by a William Blake painting.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Blake painting gives me the heebie jeebies.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    That Blake painting gives me the heebie jeebies.

Tell me about it!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea when we may get more info. on the LE of Ready Player One?

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Will the LE The Martian and LE Ready Player One come in a slipcase?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

52 LIMITED and 14 LETTERED left of The Silence of the Lambs

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Any idea when we may get more info. on the LE of Ready Player One?
    http://subterraneanpress.com/news/an...y_ernest_cline

sk

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Will the LE The Martian and LE Ready Player One come in a slipcase?
    No slipcase is mentioned in the listings

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if they will make a slipcase like they did for NOS4A2. I would love to have RP1 in a slipcase. I went ahead and ordered both RP1 and the Martian. Great prices on those books.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Damn, just came home from work and was to late for a lettered RP1... DAMNNNNNNN!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lettered were sold out in minutes. I went to buy my copy about 20 minutes after the announcement and the lettered were already sold out.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I knew this would happen... ok, waiting for the aftermarket...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast