Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 267 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 6655

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did everybody hear that Bale was offered 50 mil to be Batman in another movie? I haven't heard much about it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a rumor so far (and from an unreliable paper).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, looks like it's settled:

Ben Affleck is the new Batman

Ugh. Seriously? He's really going to have to impress me before I can be anything but annoyed at this casting decision.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

does anyone think bears might enjoy any of that Batman series? I haven't watched any.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that *I* could beat up Ben Affleck.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Daredevil still that fresh in people's minds?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    does anyone think bears might enjoy any of that Batman series? I haven't watched any.
    Honestly, I think there's a strong chance you might enjoy The Dark Knight. I know bears don't usually go for this sort of film, but this is so much more than just a 'comic book film'. Think of it as a cross between a crime caper and a mob film featuring Batman, peppered with Nolan's love of motifs and symbolism. Not to mention that the film features probably the greatest villain of the last decade in the form of Heath Ledger's Joker who is pretty much the embodiment of chaos. Speaking as unbiased as I possibly can (lol), the film is a modern masterpiece. I'm sure many here would agree. Just know that it's a dark film. This isn't a conventional superhero tale where the hero saves the day while spewing one liners and rides off into the sunset. It's a gritty film where people die gruesomely (though the PG-13 rating spares you the gore) and impossible moral conundrums must be overcome.

Give it a shot. Worst case scenario, you wasted 2.5 hours of your life. Best case, you'll have a new found appreciation for the kind of stories superhero tales can give us when treated properly.

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    Daredevil still that fresh in people's minds?
    The thing is that once Affleck was announced, the first thing people think of is 'okay, what are this guys references?' Naturally the first thing that comes to mind was his first outing as a superhero. In this case, Daredevil ... and that's not exactly a strong reference point

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i can name at least one superhero film worse than daredevil

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well yeah we can name a dozen of them, but none of them star Affleck.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Honestly, I think there's a strong chance you might enjoy The Dark Knight. I know bears don't usually go for this sort of film, but this is so much more than just a 'comic book film'. Think of it as a cross between a crime caper and a mob film featuring Batman, peppered with Nolan's love of motifs and symbolism. Not to mention that the film features probably the greatest villain of the last decade in the form of Heath Ledger's Joker who is pretty much the embodiment of chaos. Speaking as unbiased as I possibly can (lol), the film is a modern masterpiece. I'm sure many here would agree. Just know that it's a dark film. This isn't a conventional superhero tale where the hero saves the day while spewing one liners and rides off into the sunset. It's a gritty film where people die gruesomely (though the PG-13 rating spares you the gore) and impossible moral conundrums must be overcome.

Give it a shot. Worst case scenario, you wasted 2.5 hours of your life. Best case, you'll have a new found appreciation for the kind of stories superhero tales can give us when treated properly.

now I feel that I must!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Ugh. Seriously? He's really going to have to impress me before I can be anything but annoyed at this casting decision.
    He had a bad run for a couple of years with movies like Daredevil, Gigli, Jersey Girl (which I actually kinda liked ) and Saving Christmas, but he seems to have bounced back a little lately with The Town and Argo.

It should be interesting. I don’t remember a lot of people getting real excited about Heath Ledger being the Joker and look at how that turned out.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

the Dinobots in Transformers 4?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

He had a bad run for a couple of years with movies like Daredevil, Gigli, Jersey Girl (which I actually kinda liked ) and Saving Christmas, but he seems to have bounced back a little lately with The Town and Argo.

It should be interesting. I don’t remember a lot of people getting real excited about Heath Ledger being the Joker and look at how that turned out.
    George Clooney is a fine dramatic actor and filmmaker. And he was an absolutely dreadful Batman.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will Reserve judgment till i actually see clips, trailers, and the movie. There have been plenty of people who everyone said was wrong for a part that then was great.
    If you love me then love me..

Country
    Country Flag

personally i'd like to see a live action The Dark Knight Returns

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think Affleck will be fine. He has the voice, chin, and body for it. He's also a comic book geek and understands the character of Batman better than Bale. Daredevil was a bad movie...so what? He's done a fine acting job before that and since as well.

Let's not forget Val Kilmer's and Clooney's Batman.

Country
    Country Flag

ah, the bat nipple years

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a comic book geek. I like comic books that are better than the ones that geeks are most into, and I like movies that are actually good.

There are people I've met who liked Batman and Robin better than Tim Burton's first film, because they think the character of Batman is epitomized by Adam West. You can't please everyone.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

now I feel that I must!

You must. You must. "Fernandito" nailed it on the head. I feel certain that you will enjoy it!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Start with Batman Begins, but you can stop at the end of TDK. It's a big cliffhanger ending, yet I now feel it's better that way: the final chapter was a mixed bag; not completely bad, but riddled with bad spots. And when an "incomplete story" has as much meaning as TDK's trail-off, I don't need that sunset.

Oh, and, BTW, Jack Nicholson's still also fun.

Country
    Country Flag

the internet's really ripping into Affleck, sure i may be skeptical but i'll give him a chance

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

the internet's really ripping into Affleck, sure i may be skeptical but i'll give him a chance
    Yeah, it's not pretty. I have a feeling the internet would be ripping into whomever was chosen though. They're never happy.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Look who's in Expendables 3

http://instagram.com/p/dpXeI3Dcbc/#

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Look who's in Expendables 3

http://instagram.com/p/dpXeI3Dcbc/#
    Cool!!! If they have "Indiana Jones" who could stand against them? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

What does Ben Affleck have in common with Sheldon Cooper?

One remarkable delusion!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 267 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 ... LastLast