Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 267 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, I think I saw the first episode. But I did see a lot of AMVs with Eva parts in them (ex-boyfriend was a creepy otaku), so I kind of know it's fucked up.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Word of advice: don't watch The End of Evangelion without watching the whole of Evangelion first. My mate really wanted me to watch the former when he had it, despite the fact that I had never seen the latter. All I could think the whole time was, "...what the funt?" Ages before I found out that the series was actually pretty good.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    No, I think I saw the first episode. But I did see a lot of AMVs with Eva parts in them (ex-boyfriend was a creepy otaku), so I kind of know it's fucked up.
    Oh dude, fucked up doesn't even begin to cover it. It makes Akira's ending look like a Disney ending .

If you're ever interested in checking out the series, let me know. I have an imported complete box set. The quality isn't HD by any means, but it's more than adequate. The series itself is really, really dark and it boasts one of my favorite stories ever, from any medium. Mankind's penchant for playing God is one of the central themes, I think you might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Word of advice: don't watch The End of Evangelion without watching the whole of Evangelion first. My mate really wanted me to watch the former when he had it, despite the fact that I had never seen the latter. All I could think the whole time was, "...what the funt?" Ages before I found out that the series was actually pretty good.
    I watched the entire show, the remakes, the Air + Rebirth 'prequel' before watchting TEOE and at times I was STILL like 'wtf is going on !?'

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I watched the entire show, the remakes, the Air + Rebirth 'prequel' before watchting TEOE and at times I was STILL like 'wtf is going on !?'
    Exactly, so, with no knowledge of what these giant robot things were or even any of the characters backstories, you can just imagine what my level of "WTFness?!" would've been!

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly, so, with no knowledge of what these giant robot things were or even any of the characters backstories, you can just imagine what my level of "WTFness?!" would've been!
    was it .... OVER 9000 ?!

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Has anyone else been following the shooting of The Dark Knight Riseson Wall Street?
    No, but I would love a link
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    was it .... OVER 9000 ?!

I think it went way past 9000 mate and went straight

"Ok, so these giant robot things...wait, why is that having a w...and what is happening to that...and most of all,
    Spoiler:

WHO'S THE YAHOOS?!?

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Made my night, certainly!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I just watched Akira for the first time (I know, I have no idea how I never saw it before). All I can say is... what the fuck? I have no idea what kind of thought processes led to that movie. Even more, I am astounded that they want to make a live-action version. How would it even be possible? All I can see in my mind is terrible CGI everywhere. (Not to mention the horrible "actors" they keep picking to play the leads.) I hope that project gets shelved permanently.
    Read Berserk

I haven't seen the whole movie, either. I did watch a sequence from toward the end, a big transformation one. It was wild. Anyway from what I had heard, it was being horribly whitewashed and Americanized.

For Dragonball fans, it'd be the equivalent of Dragonball: Evolution, except with Western names replacing the Eastern ones.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    For Dragonball fans, it'd be the equivalent of Dragonball: Evolution ...
    WE WILL NEVER SPEAK OF THAT.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw "John Carter, of Mars" and it was pretty freaking good!!! Great 3D, great story and Great FX!!!!! Go see it you more than likely will not be disappointed!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just saw "John Carter, of Mars" and it was pretty freaking good!!! Great 3D, great story and Great FX!!!!! Go see it you more than likely will not be disappointed!!
    No f'ing way, it was good? I am wondering if Clash of the Titans 2 is going to suck or not...
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    No f'ing way, it was good? I am wondering if Clash of the Titans 2 is going to suck or not...

Well, I enjoyed it. Then again, I'm easily amused. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a good concept for a writer that wrote it in 1917...am currently reading the second book in the series...written by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought this was a good way to promote a movie...can you guess what it is...

https://www.weylandindustries.com/#/timeline

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Prometheus.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the timeline...give you an idea of what was going on during the series.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There was a new trailer released yesterday during the Walking Dead, did either of you see it?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

saw the trailer online...can't wait to see it!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IMMRN:

what I hate about von Trier films is their fatal, unbearable self-importance

the same goes for 99% of "serious" directors. The remaining 1% are all the more precious.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What I hate about Von Trier films is how he scars me for life.

Also I was majorly pissed he didn't finish Riget. Okay, an actor dies, finish it in a graphic novel or something. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. I guess that was like 20 years ago now though.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do yourself a big favor and watch Melancholia.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

which reminds me... I really really got to finish watching it some time soon

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My co worker just let me borrow A Better Life - nominated this year for Best Foreign Film. Really looking forward to watching it today.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    I like the timeline...give you an idea of what was going on during the series.
    Familiar?

DISCOVERY OF ACHERON LV-426

Weyland astronomers discover multiple moons and a ringed planet just outside the Zeta 2 Reticula System, which are possibly able to support life. Weyland expects to travel there within the century.

MAY 14, 2039
    I wonder which year Alien is actually set.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 267 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 ... LastLast