Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 267 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 6656

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The people I know who have seen python are a couple generations older than I am but they all say The Holy Grail was the funniest movie. Just saying, I'm not telling you to watch that and I get what you're saying about cultural sterotypes getting annoying. I'd say 9-10 foreign (to me) people I get in a fighting match (I tend to talk some shit when I get my Call of Duty and/or Halo on) with, no matter what the age, always tell me to get some Mcdonald's fries and think I am grossly overweight. It's funny at the same time because I am quite unfat(?) but still obnoxious.

Oh and I do love Mcdonald's food (even knowing how bad it is and seeing SuperSize Me a couple times in hs)

Well at least one of my sentences was movie related hah
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a little behind the times, but I watched The Kids Are All Right this weekend and really enjoyed it. Annette Bening and Julianne Moore had such great chemistry together.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Being from England and not seeing Lock, Stock and Snatch is like being from America and not seeing The Godfather.

I love those two films.
    Um....I've never seen The Godfather

At least, all the way through. I've seen parts of it, certainly, but not all the way through, and none of the sequels.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Being from England and not seeing Lock, Stock and Snatch is like being from America and not seeing The Godfather.

I love those two films.

At least, all the way through. I've seen parts of it, certainly, but not all the way through, and none of the sequels.
    that's surprising. I loved the first two movies.

Did you at least see the Family Guy where they are in the panic room and Peter confesses to never seeing it? haha I do not assume so but your post made me think of it.
    (tried to find the clip on youtube but was unable to)
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, the 3+ hour runtime is the main thing keeping me from watching The Godfather. If it was shorter, I'd have watched it by now, but since I'm not so sure I'll like the plot, it kind of deters me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    To be honest, the 3+ hour runtime is the main thing keeping me from watching The Godfather. If it was shorter, I'd have watched it by now, but since I'm not so sure I'll like the plot, it kind of deters me.

The Godfather films (first two) are two of the greatest pieces of cinema in the history of ... well, cinema. Any self respecting film lover should have those two films under their belt, even if you don't end up liking them.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guess I need to watch them, then.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doctor Dodge!!!!!!!!!! You've watched all the wrong Monty Python! The Meaning of Life is the poorest of them all, in bears' opinion. Try The Holy Grail and How to Irritate People, these two are the awesomest. Then you can try Life of Brian again, and maybe And Now for Something Completely Different

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I tend to agree with the bear on this one, tho' amazingly enough I like most all Monty Python anything

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, just to warn you guys, i did watch a couple of sketches earlier, which included the famous "Dead Parrot Sketch". I really didn't think that sketch was that funny. A little amusing, at first, but it got old for me rapidly quick. I'll check out Holy Grail if I can, and maybe Life of Brian in full, but I strongly suspect it's not my cup of tea. Which is odd: i like a lot of surreal comedies, including Day Today and IT Crowd, but Monty Python just seems too surreal/silly for me to enjoy.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

The Godfather films (first two) are two of the greatest pieces of cinema in the history of ... well, cinema. Any self respecting film lover should have those two films under their belt, even if you don't end up liking them.
    Right on point as usual

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Did you finish Lock, Stock... yet DD?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nope, watched first half and then chatted with Pond for a couple of hours. I'll watch the 2nd half tomorrow. Right now too tired to watch any more of it.

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Let me know what you think when you finish!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Question: how ashamed should I be that out of all the great British films I've seen, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels isn't one of them?
    If you have seen "Snatch" not that ashamed. LSATSB was a very clever film, but Snatch and Rock n Rolla were even better in my opinion. However, I do seem to love anything Ritchie does so, what do I know??? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Question: how ashamed should I be that out of all the great British films I've seen, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels isn't one of them?
    If you have seen "Snatch" not that ashamed. LSATSB was a very clever film, but Snatch and Rock n Rolla were even better in my opinion. However, I do seem to love anything Ritchie does so, what do I know??? LOL
    Including Sherlock Holmes? Because that was one of the things that put me off watching his earlier stuff!

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

James, believe me when I tell you that there is an abyss between the respective quality of both Snatch and Sherlock Holmes. They're such polar opposites in terms of .... well, everything that it's not even funny. Well, maybe a little. Don't let the dismal handling of Sherlock Holmes damper your enthusiasm. Snatch is a scintillating exercise in witty dialogue and clever plot points that make it an absolutely enjoyable watch. I fucking love that film. Hell, I think I'll call in sick just to watch it repeatedly. Brb.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

James, believe me when I tell you that there is an abyss between the respective quality of both Snatch and Sherlock Holmes. They're such polar opposites in terms of .... well, everything that it's not even funny. Well, maybe a little. Don't let the dismal handling of Sherlock Holmes damper your enthusiasm. Snatch is a scintillating exercise in witty dialogue and clever plot points that make it an absolutely enjoyable watch. I fucking love that film. Hell, I think I'll call in sick just to watch it repeatedly. Brb.
    Kinda like the quality between the Sherlock Holmes movie and the modern day Sherlock series then, feev? I freaking loved those 3 eps. Seriously, best new show of last year. Look that up if you can, feev: that series took a shitty idea like "modernising" Holmes and somehow getting it absolutely perfect, anyway.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Kinda like the quality between the Sherlock Holmes movie and the modern day Sherlock series then, feev? I freaking loved those 3 eps. Seriously, best new show of last year. Look that up if you can, feev: that series took a shitty idea like "modernising" Holmes and somehow getting it absolutely perfect, anyway.
    Feev, watch those right away! They are leap and bounds ahead of the Guy Ritchie version of the story, and I even sorta liked the Guy Ritchie movie! (admittedly, I hadn't seen much Holmes before that movie and have since been brought into the light of proper re-imaginings of the characters...). The new series is one of the best examples I can think of for 3 mini-movies of Sherlock Holmes.

Hear, hear! I think we all know how much I hated Sherlock Holmes, and how much I absolutely love Guy Ritchie. And now all this talk of him is really making me want to go rewatch his films

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmmm, just thought of a crazy idea when I realised that I haven't given a seriously in-depth movie review of why Withnail & I is one of the greatest films ever, and then I remembered the list I started and ended in Baker's Dozen a week or so ago: 13 Greatest British Movies. I also remembered what I said I wanted to do: to watch every single movie on the list. Well, here it is for reference:

13 greatest British movies
    1. Withnail & I
    2. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    5. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    6. 28 Days Later
    7. Harry Brown
    8. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    9. This Is England
    10. Snatch
    11. Cul-de-Sac
    12. Harry Potter
    13. Quadrophenia

Really looking at it, there's only 4 films I've yet to watch on it (5 if you include Deathly Hallows Part 1, as the Harry Potter one wasn't very specific). I'm now currently considering whether I should do an in depth review over the next 13 weeks of each of these films. Admittedly, for a few of them, there's so little for me to say on them, I could just repost my old reviews from a few months ago. Idk, depends if anyone's interested or not. Should I even bother? I do like watching my British films, I must admit.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dodge, as far as I am concerned, I'd love to see what you think about a few movies on that list! I say go for it. You might not have to do all 13, like you said, but certainly a chunk of them could use a decent review. Especially Withnail & I! Speaking from the view of another fan of the movie, it'd be interesting to see why you like it, and how it compares to why I enjoy it so much. And with The Holy Grail....you know how much I love that one. I love to see other peoples' reactions to it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't forget, DD, that the list misses Repulsion for the only reason that I joined the game too late. So there are 5 films you have to watch.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good point, Jean. I'll aim to watch that as well. Not sure if it'll be at the end of the list or if at some point before, but I will get round to watching it soon.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

bears would so love to hear your opinion on both Repulsion and Cul-de-Sac!

good news is that I seem to have located W&I. Bad news is that it will take some time to download.

P.S. Good news is that it seems quicker than I had expected, probably matter of days, not weeks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 267 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 ... LastLast